It is currently May 18th, 2024, 11:52 pm

News News of The Gymnasium

Site map of The Gymnasium » Forum : The Gymnasium

Fitness and Exercise

I dragged my Pilates machine out + signed up for Jazzercise

2 weeks ago and have been plateauing at 155, maybe I'm building muscle..ha ha.

I cut out the crackers 2 days ago and bars 1 day ago.

Water maybe I will drink more water, that always seems to gat the fat moving instead of the 64 oz I will step it up.
Read more : I dragged my Pilates machine out + signed up for Jazzercise | Views : 450 | Replies : 3

Weight Training

Since checking our weight on the scale is the routine, I am afraid to go back to my weight training, because it would probably make me heavier or the scale won't budge as much. Seeing the weight loss is what gets me motivated. At the moment I am at plateau after losing 17 lbs. I am confused because I enjoy this kind of training coupled with Richard Simmons. Can someone shed light about this kind ...
Read more : Weight Training | Views : 847 | Replies : 8

When to start exercising

I started the Medifast program on June 23, 2005. When can I start exercising?

I have some Leslie Sansome "Walk Away the Pounds" DVDs that I want to start using again.

The Medifast booklet says that we should wait at least 3 to 4 weeks after we start the program before we start exercising.

Please share your experiences in this area.
Read more : When to start exercising | Views : 775 | Replies : 1

Registered for a Dance Class Today

I'm really excited!!! The S Factor is opening a studio in July here in San Francisco and I jumped on the bandwagon!!! If you watch Oprah, the S Factor is the studio that was started by Sheila Kelley after she fell in love with the sensual dancing she learned how to do in the movie, The Blue Iguana. Okay... Yeah... It's Pole-Dancing. :D

Today, I spoke ...
Read more : Registered for a Dance Class Today | Views : 667 | Replies : 10

Anyone Else Bellydance for Fitness?

I just wanted to share my absolute favorite workout with everyone :heart: . Last year I bought "Bellydance for Fitness" videos featuring Veena and Neena Bidasha and I LOVE them. Does anyone else bellydance for weight loss?
It works muscles I didn't know I had before, makes you toned, lean, strong, AND teaches you a sexy dance at the same time. If anyone's looking for something they ...
Read more : Anyone Else Bellydance for Fitness? | Views : 922 | Replies : 4

Question?!?!

Okay, so everyone says no exercise for 3 weeks- and I believe you. But my booklet I got with my MF starter kit says if you're already a regular exerciser just cut your normal workout in half - and I believe the booklett people too. Which is the right thing to do?
For the past 4 months I was doing hardcore water aerobics with weights twice a week, and going to the gym at least ...
Read more : Question?!?! | Views : 596 | Replies : 5

Something cool happened this week!

I have been a member of Curves (exercise facility) since April 7, 2004. This month they (the manager at our Curves) started doing Curves "Members of the Week" Each week 2 members are selected for "Motivating Member of the Week" and "Inspirational Member of the Week".

So I popped in on Tues morning for my workout and saw my name on the board as "Motivating Member of the Week" I was thrilled! It was very ...
Read more : Something cool happened this week! | Views : 777 | Replies : 13

What to do with these thighs?

OK, week 3 is over...time to exercise. I know a lot of you recommend and do pilates and walk. I have been really checking myself out lately, looking for the weight loss and have decided I have GOT TO DO SOMETHING WITH THESE THIGHS! I mean, they are bad. Its like all the baby weight I lost all fell down to my thighs (I lost a ot of weight low carbing it after childbirth). They ...
Read more : What to do with these thighs? | Views : 941 | Replies : 10

Anyone else start around APR 6?

I started the program Apr 6, making this week the end of week 3. I am wondering if anyone else out started around the same time as me and has started to exercise. If so, what are you doing? Thanks! Lee Ann
Read more : Anyone else start around APR 6? | Views : 540 | Replies : 6

Exercising again?

Well I am coming to the close of my 4th week so I am going to start adding PILATES back into my life. Is it OK to do it daily for about 20 minutes or is that too much?

DonicaB
Read more : Exercising again? | Views : 1739 | Replies : 24

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 167231 • Total topics 12185 • Total members 2286