5 & 1 Protocol Changed

Meet Terry and Nancy.

5 & 1 Protocol Changed

Postby Nancy » January 6th, 2005, 2:01 am

Dear MakeMeThinner Forum ~

Terry was on the phone the other night when Dr. Wayne Scott Andersen (He is the Medical Director of Medifast Diet and Take Shape For Life) made an important announcement regarding the 5 and 1 Program.

I'd like to share a portion of Dr. Andersen's message with you.

I will write more about it in the January 2005 Newsletter.

The Protocol for the 5 & 1 Protocol has been changed.

Dr. Andersen writes,

"After extensive review, including input from Johns Hopkins University, we are excited to announce a change in our 5 & 1 protocol. Your clients are no longer restricted to 3 cold shakes per day. They can choose any product from our large variety of complete Medifast meals to fulfill their 5 meal replacements each day."

Please note: Even though you may have five servings of Cappuccino or whatever combinaton of products you'd prefer a day, you may NOT have 5 bars a day! The bar rule still applies: One a day.
Last edited by Nancy on December 20th, 2006, 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Yay!!!!

Postby SaaDMB87 » July 20th, 2005, 10:34 am

YAyyY!!! :dance:

I hate the shakes!!

what wonderful news!!!!
SaaDMB87

Postby Nancy » July 20th, 2005, 11:24 am

What? You HATE the shakes?

Shakes became my friends - they keep hunger away...make my hips slimmer and prevent me from having random acts of eatage...
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

5 + 1 Protocol Change

Postby 1Angel » March 3rd, 2006, 10:54 pm

Hi Nancy!!!

That's wonderful!!! I do love the shakes, but in the winter, when it's very cold like tonight, I'd rather have a bowl of soup instead :chef: :eat:

By the way, I'm doing great!!! I'm so proud of myself ... I love my life!!! :yay: Yay! Yaay!!!

Love,
{{{hugs}}}
img border="0" src="http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wcUj84e/weight.png">
1Angel
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby ktrout » March 4th, 2006, 5:17 am

I like to have a variety but sometimes it would be very convienent to just mix and chug shakes.

Have a great day !!!
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Nancy » March 4th, 2006, 11:08 am

Angelica ~ I am blessed that you love your life! Most people feel so :boing: great on our programs and products plus the dividend of rapidly losing weight that is does make us know that life is good! I :heart: love my thinny life, too!

ktrout ~ you are so right about the simplicity of the shakes - very convenient. Even easier are the Ready To Drinks. Love it - no shaker jars to wash - I like to look at it as not being lazy but being wise - it keeps me out of the kitchen, the :twisted: refrigerator and gives me so much more time for enjoying life! :redprowl:

Shake on! :buddies:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Diana » March 19th, 2006, 12:43 pm

I'm impressed with how good the meal replacements are!!! Sometimes it's hard to choose!!!

I thought the water would be hard to get in, but I'm finding it's no trouble. (Based on your advice to Dayna, Nancy, I'm trying to drink closer to 96 oz.) When I get tired of the plain stuff, I have a cup of broth.

I know I won't always feel as victorious as I do today, but I don't think I'd care how the stuff tasted given my initial results -- of course, it makes looking at the long haul much easier knowing I'm going to wake up to stuff I truly enjoy eating. And this time the guilt is replaced with triumphant confidence!! Come dance and sing with me!! Who's go the tambourine??
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Nancy » March 19th, 2006, 4:08 pm

You have such a positive outlook and that will help you to stick to your program - each day we know that we are giving our body nutritious food, that it will enhance the quality of our lives and that it is just exactly what we need. Each time we shake one up, we are shaking off being shackled to poor health.

Have a gladsome day!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Serendipity » March 19th, 2006, 4:50 pm

And the really great thing about this program, Diana, is that you will continue to have success and feelings of triumph the whole way. Yes, of course, there are challenges, but there are plenty of really neat things that happen along the way to keep us motivated!

I'm glad to see you are doing so well.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby sheila » March 21st, 2006, 10:31 pm

You had me excited there for a minute, Nancy. Then I read a little further and saw that we can still only have one bar. I love those bars!Especially the mint and the peanut butter, they are so yummy! But I like the shakes too, just not as much as the bars. I cant believe it, I am actually excited about weighing in tomorrow, i am only weighing 1 day a week.I am so excited... hopefully i will become part of the 30 clob tomorrow!!
sheila
sheila
Preferred Member - #10 Club

SHAKES?

Postby MISSANNE » March 22nd, 2006, 1:31 pm

I'm new so you'll have to forgive me. We are supposed to have at least 3 shakes a day or less than 3 a day? I on average have had 3 or 4.
Michelle :shock:
MISSANNE

Postby aphrael » March 22nd, 2006, 3:07 pm

Michelle,

You can have 5 shakes a day if you want, 6 if on the full fast. The program use to say a minium of 3 shakes a day, that is no longer the case. You can have any combination of the products now, with the exception of only 1 bar, so 3 or 4 shakes a day is perfectly fine.

Enjoy
Aphrael

Due Nov. 16th
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Diana » July 10th, 2006, 8:36 am

I originally posted this in the Lean Cuisine section, then, after some sleep and a cup o' joe realized THIS is where this belongs! Nancy, et al, sure hope you can shed some light. Thanks.

At the convention, I heard Dr. A say that we should have at least 2 shakes a day. And today on one of the cds in the Business in a Box, I heard the same things again (please don't ask which one -- I've just been sticking them in one after another...and since a lot of them had fallen out of their handy little sleeves before I even broke the seal on the blooming thing, I'm not entirely sure WHICH binder each goes to!)

So, there's my question. Two shakes a day?? Has there been a protocol change? Or did I just breeze by this little bit of info somewhere? Or is it back as a compromise to an earlier protocol that said at least 3 shakes a day?? Inquiring minds want to know as we stand poised in front of the pantry door! :mrgreen:

Today's Monday -- perhaps this would be a good question to pose on the Nurse's Call with Lori (or the leadership call if it's appropriate).
Diana

Postby Nancy » July 11th, 2006, 8:51 am

Diana ~

Long time ago, in the very beginning of Meditime, when people were in the clinical setting, most used shakes only. There were few options other than soup.

The original protocol called for a minimum of three shakes a day.

Initially there was a question regarding the effectiveness of vitamin content when the product was heated. Research showed no degradation and the protocol was changed a couple of years ago to reflect that any combination of packets was acceptable. The macronutrient footprint for all the meal replacements is just about the same, varying only about 20 calories (except for the bars).

We have clients that have consistently lost weight on the 5 & 1 Program eating nuthin' but Chocolate Puddin' five times a day and chicken and green beans.

I have clients that may not have soy and we have designed a program for them using the whey-based products only. They have lost weight with the Medifast Creamy Soups, Hot Cocoa and Cappuccino packets plus the Lean and Green.

My personal observations are these:
People who use several shakes a day have better control of hunger because of the natural appetite suppressing attributes of soy.

We had company last evening and I missed the nurse’s call – did you ask Lori?
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Diana » July 11th, 2006, 9:29 am

I wasn't able to ask Lori; it was a well attended call and then there were some technical difficulties. I thought I'd ask on the Leadership Call, but once the presentation was over, >poof< everyone was gone.

I'll drop a line to someone and post when I get a response (unless, of course, you find out sooner).
Diana

Next

Return to A Message from your Hosts