body ordor changed

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

body ordor changed

Postby mycajunspice » June 29th, 2004, 5:47 pm

my husband tells me since im losing weight, that my body order has changed. Is this as a result of me burning fat? He doesnt like it so just wondering if anyone experience that.
mycajunspice
First Post

Postby Landylue » June 29th, 2004, 6:16 pm

I remember during the Optifast routine they told us when you are in ketosis your breath could tend to have an odor to it, so I suppose that your entire body could, as well. Just make sure that you brush your teeth several times a day and shower every morning and evening, if need be. However, I personally have never noticed myself or any other faster smelling any different from anyone else. Nancy???

Don't let your husband's comments sidetrack you, dear. Just keep on keeping on. You'll BOTH be thankful you did.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby MomJackieLee » June 29th, 2004, 7:36 pm

Not to insinuate that this is true in your case, but SOMETIMES spouses/family/friends can be uncomfortable with the positive changes you are making simply because you are changing. These people may try to quietly sabotoge your efforts in small and subtle ways??? :x Just something to keep in the back of your mind.

Keep on your plan and your success. Buy some nice smelling bubble bath and some sexy smelling lotion, step up the deodorant, brush your teeth more often, whatever it takes, but KEEP ON SHAKING!!

This idea of sabotage is addressed very well in the book Life is Hard, Food is Easy (available on the website, got mine at local bookstore). Worth every penny if you buy it or worth finding at your local library.
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » June 29th, 2004, 8:04 pm

I've seen commercials for a Hawaii product called "Body Mint" here that is supposed to help with body odor - breath, underarm, foot, etc. I've never tried it but it may help. I think it's entirely possible to have bad breath when dieting, and personally I try to drink tons of water daily to help with it. Good luck and keep going! Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » June 30th, 2004, 7:47 am

I would concur with others about the bad breath issue due to ketosis but haven't had anyone else discuss smelly bod odor before. Just because I haven't heard about it does not necessarily mean that it hasn't happened!

Drinking adequate amounts of water and keeping your mouth well-hydrated usually does the trick for bad breath. Remember to avoid consuming very many Sorbitol containing products, as they can cause southerly odor and an upset stomach. I also think that mints and gum activate the hunger pangs...

Landylue is right - this comment could be associated with sabbotage...HOWEVER, I DO think that there is a slight soy-ish smell to folks that are Medifasting.

One of the things that was hard for me to adjust to initially was the smell of the shakes, therefore, my husband prepared them for me, we had blended drinks and I liked a snort (and I mean just a snort - too much peppermint oil is skanky! IMHO, too much peppermint makes the shake undrinkable!) of peppermint flavoring masked the soy odor for me.

After I saw and felt what the shakes were doing for me, I was willing to drink them no matter how they tasted, smelled or looked. No matter what.

It (a bad smell, a bad taste, etc.) can become an excuse for not doing what is right for my health and for my bod and excuses are just not a part of my vocabulary any more. Believe me, BM* I ate a lot of raunchy-smelling stuff and managed to cram it into my blabbertrap by the handfuls! It didn't do me a bit of good either! I probably didn't smell too great after having eaten a French-fried Bloomin' Onion dipped in horseradish sauce and a fajita or two! :oops:

*BM= Before Medifast
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Re: body ordor changed

Postby metoo » January 8th, 2005, 9:27 am

I am having a similar problem. No one seems to notice it but me but since I've begun Ketosis, "I" can't stand the smell of me. Its driving me nuts about what to do about it.

mycajunspice wrote:my husband tells me since im losing weight, that my body order has changed. Is this as a result of me burning fat? He doesnt like it so just wondering if anyone experience that.
metoo

Hello

Postby NikkiNix » January 8th, 2005, 10:39 am

Hello Mycajunspice,

I think my body chemistry has changed a bit as well. Like Metoo had said it's a slight change that I personally have noticed, I think some of it is do to the fact that I sweat a little more than I used to. I use a vanilla lotion that makes me smell nicer and maybe using talc powder under the arms can help a bit as well. If your husband really has a problem with it make it an excuse to have him take you out to buy a new and expensive bottle of perfume ;) , that way he can't complain because he helped choose out your yummy new smell.

NikkiNix
NikkiNix
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby THINKTHIN » January 8th, 2005, 6:20 pm

I'm so glad you brought this up!!!! I have had a case of the arm pit yuck mysefl! I was to embarrased to ask... Thanks!!!! I am just using a soft and dry deoderant and powder.... I've been on plan now for almost two weeks, and it is getting better than the first week. So, my sista.... you are not alone!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

~Thinkthin
THINKTHIN
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby JeweloftheNile » January 12th, 2005, 4:34 pm

Years ago I read this same thing on the Atkins BB. People were complaining about BO. I know with MF we are in a milder state of ketosis than with Atkins, but we are still emitting ketones from our bodies.

Everyone recommended Mitchum deodorant and I still use it to this day so I have not noticed. I also use those Victoria Secret body sprays because I like the lighter all day scent.
JOTN
9/3/04
229/207/144-148

1st Goal 209 Oct 26 2004
2nd Goal 199
3rd Goal 179
4th Goal 165
5th Goal 158
6th Goal 148
Goal 144-148 maintained.
JeweloftheNile
Regular Member - #20 Club