Medifast has changed my life

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Medifast has changed my life

Postby gr8bnme » March 16th, 2006, 8:26 am

Hi everyone,

I don't post a lot but I'm just so excited lately that I just can't keep it in. Medifast has changed my life and I'm so happy. I have fluctuated between chubby and fat since puberty and didn't really start dieting until my 20's. Ofcourse my very first diet was a crash starvation diet designed by me. I lost weight don't know how much because I never weighed myself. I probably got down to a size 10, I started out as a 12/14. Once I started to eat again, I just gained it back. I lost weight breastfeeding, again getting to a size 10 and once I was done gained it back to a size 14/16 and some 18s. Went on weight watchers and lost some weight. Went off and gained it back. Had another baby and lost weight again during breastfeeding probably got down to 10/12 (mostly 12)... but after breastfeeding was over, I tried to do atkins for a while to maintain the size but got tired of that and went back up to a 16/18. I never weighed myself so was never really accountable for my weight gain. I was on the verge of just resigning my self to being obese for my life. Most of my family on my mother's side is obese. It's hereditary....

But my mom found this great program called Medifast and I watched her on it for about a month and the food actually smelled good so I decided I would try it and the rest is history. I went on Medifast exactly 8 months ago today. It's my anniversary :lol: !! I weighed my self today and for the first time since puberty hit, I've got a normal BMI 24.9! I wear a size 4 and I have never ever in my life even dreamed about fitting a size 4. It's amazing. The program has worked wonders in my life and I am achieving a goal now that I would have never even dreamed about on other programs.

Well, I've rambled long enough but I hope this gives those who may have lost faith or are on the fence about the program some encouragement. You will not regret this program.
5'0", 31
Started MF: 7/16/05
192/120 -- Reached Goal 6/2006!
gr8bnme
Regular Member - #70 Club

Postby FluffyNoMore » March 16th, 2006, 8:30 am

That's so wonderful!!! Reading about your success helps me so much. I know this is possible. Congratulations on your weightloss and your anniversary and your perserverence!!
FluffyNoMore
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby marrabou » March 16th, 2006, 8:35 am

gr8,

WOW !!! :shock:

do you have any :idea: ideas for people just starting, any tricks, any suggestions?

size 4 is too good to be true, congrats again!
30 lbs to lose
Start Date August 11, 2006
Plan is to go from 145 to 115
marrabou

Postby falisamarie » March 16th, 2006, 8:36 am

WOW did I ever need to read that! :bravo: I literally had tears in my eyes while I was reading :tears: It was soooo very aspiring and I am sooo glad that you took the time to post it. :hug: Thank :you: for helping me and I am sure countless others.

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby gr8bnme » March 16th, 2006, 8:50 am

Thanks everyone :)

Marrabou, i guess my advice is to come up with great lean and green meals to give yourself something to look forward to. It always helped me to not cheat because I knew that I would have something really good to eat once I got home (i usually do my L&G at home). I mix it up all the time because i like variety. I have seafood, pork, chicken, beef and sometimes an omlet. When I first started I had the same old thing all the time, chicken and a salad and it got boring. it really helps that my mom is on it with me. my husband works at night so she comes over every night and we come up with creative lean and greens and eat together. I never knew vegetables could taste so good! That really helps me to not cheat. Don't get me wrong though. In the 8 months that I've been on the diet, I've cheated 5 times (thanksgiving, christmas, new years, my birthday, and a tupperware party). The only one that was not really a "planned" cheat was the tupperware party. I'm not condoning cheating, just mentioning that I have had a cheat during my journey, so if you do, it's not the end of the world. The variety of the L&G helped me a lot when it came to temptations. I also didn't always go out with co workers to lunches because sometimes that would be difficult for me since at times they chose restaurants that didn't really carry legal L&Gs (persian food, chinese food, Thai, etc). sometimes I stayed away from office celebrations because if I didn't feel like i would be able to resist I didn't want to put myself in the situation. I've been invited to numerous Tastefully Simple parties that I just didn't go to because the point is to eat at those parties and I didn't want to. So sometimes you have to keep yourself from foody situations. It's not always the most fun but for me it was more important to stay compliant. Anyway, I'm no expert, but I hope this helps you a little...
5'0", 31
gr8bnme

Postby Dayna » March 16th, 2006, 10:38 am

What a fantastic, inspirational story! Thanks for sharing, it certainly helps hearing from people who are near the end of their journey.

Have you posted any pictures in the studio? We'd all love to see the transformation . . .

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby gr8bnme » March 16th, 2006, 10:44 am

i haven't posted yet because i'm not at the end. but i'm a slow loser so it'll take probably 2 more months to lose the last 7 pounds so i'll post some before and almost there pictures tonight... my mom took some of me yesterday. she's a health advisor and she wanted an after picture to put on her business cards. she's not quite there yet. she's lost over 90 on medifast and about 125 since she started losing. i think she has about 50 left before her goal :)... i'm very proud of her. she's definitely my inspiration.
5'0", 31
gr8bnme

Postby Lizabette » March 16th, 2006, 10:29 pm

GR8,

You can't believe how many people you have helped by posting your story! :puter: Please post more often...

Can't wait to see your before, during and after pictures...and your dear mother's also.

Thank you for sharing.

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby smartipantz » March 17th, 2006, 7:18 am

Wow! Amazing story and a great way to start the day!!!! Looking forward to those before and after pictures!!!

You are truly an inspiration!!!

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Pashta » March 17th, 2006, 8:54 am

Wow! I am so happy for you! I can't imagine ever being that small, I don't think I was even that small when I was a girl! LOL Sticking to it really pays off, I hope I achieve the same great success you have.

:yes: :whoohoo: :trophy: :you: :partytime:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Drama Queen » March 17th, 2006, 1:19 pm

Congratulations on your weight loss and your perseverance. Also congratulations to your Mother!! Thank you so much for sharing your story. You are an inspiration to all of us on this MF journey. Please keep posting and I can't wait to see those pics!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Gwenski » March 17th, 2006, 3:48 pm

Thank you so much for sharing -- I needed to read that today! You are going to make it all the way!!! I am excited for you --- SIZE 4's -- wow wow with DUDE on top! Congrats.
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski

Postby sidrah » March 18th, 2006, 9:44 pm

Good for you :cheerleader:
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby PGL » March 19th, 2006, 7:27 pm

Woo Hoo and way to go !! Gina II
PGL

Postby Diana » March 19th, 2006, 11:48 pm

gr8!!!! way to go!!!! and congrats to your mom, too!!!

I'm still in the "I can't believe this is actually going to happen" stage. But, like you, a family member went first so I've got a first hand testimonial.

Thanks for the tips. Very helpful!! The fact that you and your mom are doing this together is no doubt a variable in your success.

Here's to your final sprint!! >clink<
Diana
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Return to The Weight Room