Question on protocol - need FAQ clarification

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Question on protocol - need FAQ clarification

Postby nickieluv » June 21st, 2006, 5:59 pm

Hi, me again.

I was just re-reading the FAQ section, and saw that I should be having three shakes a day instead of the one I was having. I thought all the meal replacements were the same, but apparently not. :cry: (I was having one shake, one bar, one oatmeal, one soup, and one tea for example, then the lean and green.) So if I understand correctly, I should have three shakes, one lean and green meal, only one bar a day, and for the 6th meal (which apparently is only if I need it) I can have a soup, chili, oatmeal, etc.

Now I also read in the FAQ that you should have three cold-water prepared supplements because the heating may destroy some nutrients. Is that ANY cold-water supplement? Instead of three shakes, could I have one shake, one tea and one fruit punch for example? And the pudding is prepared with cold water, so could I use that too? Or does three shakes literally mean three SHAKES :?:

I feel badly that my other questions were answered in the FAQ, just in a part I hadn't gotten to last night, so hopefully the answer to this isn't lurking out there somewhere or I'll feel even worse. :oops:
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby pinkflamingonewsgirl » June 21st, 2006, 6:04 pm

uhhh...the shake thing is news to me...I haven't been having any because I don't like them. My consultant said that was fine...
pinkflamingonewsgirl
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Elke » June 21st, 2006, 6:07 pm

I could be wrong...would be a first but I think tht might have been an old post maybe. I know I do not have 3 shakes in a day.
Elke

Postby loriannk » June 21st, 2006, 6:12 pm

Yes that is an old post. You can eat/drink any 5 Medifast suppliments. But you can only have one bar a day.

Right now I am going through my Hot Cocoa stage so I have 3 of those plus one Chicken Noodle soup and a bar a day.

Lori
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby pinkflamingonewsgirl » June 21st, 2006, 6:14 pm

whew. that's a relief. glad I wasn't doing it wrong this whole time. :D
pinkflamingonewsgirl

Postby FORMOMMY » June 21st, 2006, 6:14 pm

nickie that was the old way. You don't have to have 3 shakes anymore. You can have any combination of the meal supplements but only one bar per day. You are not limited anymore to shakes - which is nice as far as I am concerned.

you can also have one approved "snack". So what you listed will be fine.
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » June 21st, 2006, 11:07 pm

Check out this link:

5/1 Protocol Changed
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby nickieluv » June 22nd, 2006, 4:29 am

I'm relieved too that I haven't been wrong so far - except for the Pizza Hut, that is. :D I feel like a moron that I can't find these answers for myself! Sorry if I panicked anyone out there with the three shakes thing. Thank you all for clarifying, and thank you Unca for the link - I thought I had read that before, but all this information swimming in my head keeps getting mixed up. Sorry again!
nickieluv

Postby pinkflamingonewsgirl » June 22nd, 2006, 9:44 am

Thank God we don't have to do three shakes a day...I'm not going to lie...I really dislike them with an intense passion. lol :D I know I already said I didn't like them...just thought I'd clarify how much I didn't like them...yeah...the end.
pinkflamingonewsgirl

Postby MyFriendTT » June 22nd, 2006, 12:52 pm

Hi. Just a quick note: You can have any 5 of the meal replacements, but only one bar and your L&G. HOWEVER, you need to stay within 80-85 carbs per day. I learned that the hard way during my first week. (In fact, I had to go from the full fast to 5& 1 because it had fewer carbs!)

If you have higher carb items, you can quickly go over 85 carbs and get out of ketosis, especially if you add crackers as a snack. For example, if you have

2 Shakes 26
Maple Oatmeal 16
Chili 19
Bar 24
Lean and green 10

you are already up to 95 carbs and that doesn't even include a snack!

This may depend on how much weight you have to lose also. Some people who have more than 60 lbs to lose can get away with a few more carbs.

Good luck

TT
Started 6/3/06
168/156/118

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
MyFriendTT
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby pinkflamingonewsgirl » June 22nd, 2006, 12:57 pm

:o wow...really...maybe I should see what I'm consuming, then

EDIT:
Assuming that Lean and Green is 10 carbs, I'm doing between 74 and 85 carbs...is that alright?
pinkflamingonewsgirl

Postby sidrah » June 22nd, 2006, 2:12 pm

pinkflamingonewsgirl wrote:Thank God we don't have to do three shakes a day...I'm not going to lie...I really dislike them with an intense passion. lol :D I know I already said I didn't like them...just thought I'd clarify how much I didn't like them...yeah...the end.

You might like to make the hot choc. as a shake. It gives it a completely different taste cause of what it is made of and it still tastes like a really chocolate-y shake. I add extra ice and water (and cinnamon and cayenne!)
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby pinkflamingonewsgirl » June 22nd, 2006, 2:13 pm

ooooo....that's a good idea...
*puts idea in back pocket for future reference*
pinkflamingonewsgirl

Return to Come on in.