FAQ

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

FAQ

Postby Tiffany38 » April 4th, 2007, 2:05 pm

Hi,

I was reading in the FAQ section and read bouillon cubes are allowed. Can I put a few leaves of cilantro in there too? (like literally a few -- to give it that added flavor).

I am on day 3 of a complete fast 5-6 shakes daily. No bars, soups, etc.

I was thinking to use the bouillon cube for a "dinner" type thing as the family eats their dinner -- fully understanding I also need to take my full 5 shakes in addition to.

I don't want to screw anything up by having a bouillon cube or having one with a few leaves of cilantro.

Thanks!
Tiffany38

Postby Jan » April 4th, 2007, 9:50 pm

Hi Tiffany,
First of all cilantro should be fine. But I see you said 5 shakes a day ... we generally have our clients use 6. Five shakes was used in the "old" program and I still find some clients under Dr.'s care using that protocal.
But personally 450 calories per day ( 5 X 90 calories) seems pretty low to me. :? However, if your Dr. is monitoring you ... do what he/she recommends -- you're his/her patient :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby katieb920 » April 5th, 2007, 5:30 am

I totally agree with Jan you are not going to get enough nutrition. For a couple of days I could not get my last supplements in, and The following days I had no losses, and I would feel tired and groggy.
Katie
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Tiffany38 » April 5th, 2007, 6:52 am

Yeah -- I have been hearing that about the 5 shakes only but that is what my dr has me on. I think I'd like to do the lean and green meal --even down the road in a few weeks or month, whaterver -- but have some questions about all that.

Like is the rate of loss still as fast? (My projected weight loss according to the dr. and the tests with my resting metabolic rate, etc. is 4.3 pounds per week!). Right now, the dr. said I can/will lose about 80 lbs in 160 days doing the 5 shakes only a day. Realistically, it will be extremely hard to NOT eat a single thing for that long!! But on the other hand, I honestly don't know that I will adhere so wonderfully IF I have that lean & green meal.....

I would adhere if the weight kept falling off -- but I'm worried if it slowed down I'll start to slack off, etc.
Tiffany38

Postby GucciGoo » April 5th, 2007, 7:14 am

I just think that expecting to be on 5 shakes a day (even less than a full fast) can be detrimental. Even full fasters here have 6 shakes.

I would never be able to stay on plan at all without the bars and dinners.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby katieb920 » April 5th, 2007, 8:15 am

I really think maybe your doctor should call medifast. Does he recommend this to a lot of people. I am on the Complete program. And let me tell you!!!!! It is not a pretty sight if I do not get my 6th supplement in.

I am just worried about you. Maybe Nancy will chime in.

Katie
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby worldawind » April 5th, 2007, 8:47 am

Maybe your doctor is not up on the latest program. I agree he should call and find out since the program was changed. I listen in on the nurse's call they have on Monday night and she says it is important for your body not to go into starvation mode which 5 shakes a day seems awfully low.
Started: Feb. 20, 2007
worldawind
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 5th, 2007, 9:14 am

katieb920 wrote:I totally agree with Jan you are not going to get enough nutrition. For a couple of days I could not get my last supplements in, and The following days I had no losses, and I would feel tired and groggy.
Katie

She'll get enough nutrition, have you checked the vitamin contents of those shakes? The calorie count is the problem.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » April 6th, 2007, 6:34 pm

Hi, Tiffany ~

Welcome to MakeMeThinner. Yes, you may have a few leaves of cilantro in your bouillon - no problem there. It sure helps to have that bouillon, especially during the first week or so as your body adjusts to the smaller quantity of food.

The protocol has been changed to include 5-7 packets for the complete meal replacement program. Your physician is your source for the program he/she’s designed for you – we really cannot make a comment since you are under the supervision of your doc. Health Advisors are not qualified to supervise people on the complete meal replacement plan.

Be sure to drink plenty of water, Tiffany; your body will need it to prevent constipation. And should the need arise…sugar free Citrucel or Benefiber will be your friend.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Pegann » April 8th, 2007, 8:07 am

Tiffany..I have to tell you...I too, under a doctor's care, was placed on the 5 a day plan. I even went back and asked him again about the calorie intake of 560 a day and asked if my body is going to hold back. He said that although I have low calories that I have high protein (55 gr)...look I did it his way for over 2 weeks. I did lose 7 pounds the first week and it has slowed down considerably since then. I honestly believe that my low calories is what is slowing me down so now I am doing it my way. I did mention to him on Friday that was I doing the L&G and he didn't say anyting opposing it. He just told me that next week I will probably drop again that maybe I have water retention from cycling. I dunno. I do knwo this..I am not obsessing quite as much now that I actually get to eat a meal at night. My only problem now is fitting in the last mf replacement because I am seriously not hungry after drowing in water and eating a L&G. He did remind me NOT to skip meals.

Albeit long winded..like others have said...listen to your doctor but I would talk to him again. Having less to eat will not speed up the process. Trust me!! Week four...only dropped from 215 to 202...look at the other losers here that are following the program and are not starving themselves or bodies....

Good luck to you!!! :D
SD 3/9/07
215/162/145
Pegann
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.