Creating a Day 1-3 FAQ?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Creating a Day 1-3 FAQ?

Postby Indigo » January 17th, 2004, 2:29 pm

I just spent the morning reading back through the Weight Room and Weight Loss forums for the past two months- there is SO much really great information in those messages! Especially for getting through the first 3 days, and dealing with all those family issues, and 'daily life' tips. . . .

How about we put together a FAQ for everyone just starting out? I know there is basic information sent with everyone that signs up, but the tips about the bouillion (in Oregon, the Wyler's bouillion is packaged as 'MBT' bouillion), letting the shakes sit for a while to thicken, dealing with the 'rumbles', all those are things that are part of learning the 'Medifast way' and really make it easier.

When I say 'we' I mean me and whoever else would like to help.

What do you think?

Laurie
Laurie
2/14/04~ :heart:
247/222.4/150, ~modifasting~
Indigo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby finalstraw » January 17th, 2004, 2:30 pm

I second that suggestion :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Jeanette » January 18th, 2004, 8:24 pm

I'd be glad to help with that!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 18th, 2004, 9:17 pm

Good idea girls,
I'm not sure if everyone realizes this forum is searchable. There's a little "search" button up there ^. It would be nice to have a post of regularily asked questions with just the links posted to answers that have already been entered here. Topics like the first 3-4 days. What kinds of foods you can have, celery, bullion, jello etc....
It would save us repeating alot of the same info all the time.

There's also lots of good info and tips in the newsletters we should incorporate somehow too.

Any ideas on how we can organize this would be great.

Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Indigo » January 20th, 2004, 9:20 am

Well, as I have time, I'll start working on it. I think it will be good for me, and reconfirm things I should probably be doing all along through my Medifasting. . . . when I get something more solid, I'll post it here, for additional input from the Medifast God ;) and other experienced Medifasters

Not saying when I'll get it done, but I'll at least get started on it by the weekend. A Labor of Love :hug:
Laurie
Indigo

Postby Unca_Tim » January 20th, 2004, 9:35 am

That'd be fantastic. If you want help tying it together into a single post, give me a holler. I was thinking about just make links in a single post that ties subjects together. You can do a "search" up there ^ and pick out the best posts for common topics.

If you or anyone wants to send me a bunch of related links (Just copy the address out of the address bar) I'll put them into a single post. If you are 'puter handy and want to do it all yourself, that's fine too. It will definitely save us repeating stuff, and we can just direct people to the new topic specific posts....

Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Indigo » January 20th, 2004, 9:53 am

I was thinking of one nice, long list of tips and tricks for the first three days. I'll probably go back over a lot of forum messages, and 'glean out' things to put into a single post.
As people add/make suggestions, we can keep tweaking it until it's 'done', then post it as a single message that would stay static.

What do you think?
Laurie
Indigo

Postby Unca_Tim » January 20th, 2004, 9:59 am

Sounds fantastic Laurie,
It can continue to be edited too, if someone offers something later on that would go good with it. If you make the initial post, you'll be able to go in and edit it. You'll see a little "edit" icon along the top of the post.

Thanks for the help,
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Unca_Tim » January 20th, 2004, 11:49 am

Laurie,
I just put up a FAQ room. I also made you a moderator for it. This will allow you to have full control over editing anything that anyone adds. If anyone else would like to give Laurie a hand with it, let me know and i'll also add you as a moderator.
No hurry with it. Just play with it at your own pace.
Muchos appreciated.
:D
Unca

PS: If anyone else has an idea for a new room, let me know....
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Indigo » January 20th, 2004, 12:22 pm

Geez, now I really have to do it, huh?!?! That's OK. I work better with a little *gulp* pressure . . . . ;)
Laurie
Indigo

Postby Unca_Tim » January 20th, 2004, 12:31 pm

Be careful what you ask for....:)
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to Weight Loss