lots of fun creating new shakes!

Add your favorite recipes.

Postby Nancy » February 8th, 2005, 4:03 pm

:shock: Whazzat?

FREEZE 'em you ask? :scratchhead:

How could one possibly restrain themselves long enough to freeze a batch or two? :shades:

Here's my kitchen scenario - pull up a little bench and peer into the oven window while the delectable cookies are browning. :shades:

Wipe drool off my chin (notice I said Chin, as in singular. It used to be chins, plural).

The moment the timer ringy-dingy dings, grab 'em with the Ove' Glove, gingerly scarf them from the edge of the spatula.

Quickly plunge tongue in ice water to prevent blisters from forming...Dang! I hate it when Terry and Unca hafta call 9-1-1 because I have first degree burns on my 'buds. :help:

However, you DID give me an idea...I could just lick the frost inside the freezer door to cool off my hotsy totsy tongue... :chef:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » February 10th, 2005, 8:22 am

Okay, I made a batch last night. They seemed to not get "done". When you put them on the cookie sheet do you kind of flatten them out. Mine were kind of "raw" in the middle after 12 minutes, but I left them in blobs on the cookie sheet. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong. They were still very good, just a little mushy...

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime
Preferred Member - #50 Club

cookies

Postby cthrn007 » February 10th, 2005, 9:25 am

Hi Maura!

I have made the cookies a few times and even tried to over-cook them to see if the middle would cook. No such luck! Raederle said somewhere that they are more like silver dollar pancakes and they are!!

But that is still a little better than the same old shakes.... they are kinda like cookies and portable!

Can't wait to see if anyone has any ideas!!

Happy shaking.
~Catherine
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby raederle » February 10th, 2005, 9:49 am

Mmmmm... but they were good silver dollar pancakes! :mrgreen:

I used a little less liquid the next time around (maybe 2 or 3 Tbs less than 1/3 cup) and let the mix sit until it was close to the consistency of "real" oatmeal cookie dough-- basically a little stiff. That took about 10 minutes. Then I cooked them for about 15 minutes (I just spooned them onto the cookie sheet and didn't really flatten them at all-- when they turned out like pancakes before, the batter was so liquidy that the spoonfuls "ran" into flat disks-- hence the pancake shape!).

They turned out much better-- still soft in the middle, but not raw inside, and they never got "browned" like a real cookie would, though they did turn a bit darker. (That's how I like 'em, though-- still soft inside.) I don't know if they ever get crunchy if you bake them longer or maybe let them sit for a while before eating...? But I could never wait that long, and I'd be afraid to burn 'em and have to toss out my precious packet of MF food!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » February 10th, 2005, 10:16 am

Thanks Rae and Catherine.

You probably think I'm a dork. But I actually cooked them at dinner time, but didn't eat them until before going to bed. So they weren't warm. They did not firm up anymore letting them sit. But like I said they were very good, I just thought maybe I missed a step or something. Its a great alternative, and I will make them again. I used less water, but will try a little less next time to see if I get a better consistency.

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » February 10th, 2005, 11:07 am

I'm thinking of adding a little Peanut Butter syrup next time I make them - would love to have a Peanut Butter cookie - so I'll see if that works and let you know.

My 5 year old son wanted to try them when I made them last time -- he ate a corner off them (now that goes to show something about motherly love - letting him have a piece of my cookie, huh?) -- said that it wasn't bad but could he have a tastykake instead? HA

Thought I'd share --- :lol:
scrabbler7

Postby cthrn007 » February 10th, 2005, 11:11 am

I just drooled on my keyboard!! :D I am makin Peanut Butter Pancake/Cookies for dinner!!

Thanks for the idea!! :hi5:

~Catherine
cthrn007

Postby scrabbler7 » February 10th, 2005, 11:20 am

Wonderful Cath -

I EXPECT a FULL report here by tomorrow morning. It's your homework!!!

:D
scrabbler7

Postby cthrn007 » February 10th, 2005, 11:45 am

Well, I'd probably be perfectly happy eating Medifast dirt-patties with a little Peanut Butter Flavoring these days!!! Funny what we teach ourselves to like while on Medifast... :chef: a tweek here, some flavored syrup, splenda or a spice there & Voila!! Gourmet!! :bib:

I love it cuz it works!! I will let you know how it goes!!

~C
cthrn007

Postby RavenKat2 » February 10th, 2005, 12:42 pm

LOL! I actually did Laugh Out Loud when I read "Dirt Patties"!!

I have never let an unsoftened kidneybean stop me from eating the MF chili, I can tell you that! ;)

Kat
RavenKat2
(259)245/207/165

*new id for inspiration*
RavenKat2
Trusted Member

mmmm

Postby kassilou » February 10th, 2005, 1:41 pm

mmmm, peanut butter. Now I've gotta go order me some pb syrup! :D
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Nancy » February 10th, 2005, 9:54 pm

People...like the soups, ya gotta let the oatmeal and soy reconstitute a little bit before you bake - stir it up and then let it absorb the fluid.

If you add the sugar free syrup, be sure to include it with the water measurement. Variances in cookie sheets, ovens, shelf position, altitudes, humidity, etc. may make a difference, too - I go slowy whe I add the water and perhaps using less to begin with is best.

Mine are semi-soft in the middle, too. I add lotsa cimmamon to mine. (It makes 'em look browner)

Remember if you make the cookies with Maple and Brown Sugar oatmeal it may have a different consistency than the recipe I posted because the Apple Cinnamon has those apple bits that actually soak up some of the water, too.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby monkeymom » February 10th, 2005, 10:25 pm

RavenKat,
For your kidney bean problems, just mix your soup up with about 4 oz of water and put it in the fridge for a few hours before heating it. (I leave it overnight sometimes too, is even better that way) I heat more water separately and add to the cold stuff, then finish heating it all together. Everything is nice and soft this way, and the flavor seems much richer too.

Oh, and it works great for the chicken noodle souple, and wild rice soup also.
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom

Postby 24KaratGold » February 10th, 2005, 11:20 pm

I got the "silver dollar" cookies when I tried the recipe with the maple and brown sugar oatmeal, but I've never had that problem with the apple cinnamon.

I have a a batch in the oven right now. I was too chicken to try the PB syrup in them, though. Somebody else brave enough to go first, please report back!
24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby RavenKat2 » February 11th, 2005, 5:53 am

Vicki - thanks!

Setting aside before I'm ravenous is a better plan for me than waiting after it's cooked - I can't stand there and watch it while it softens up. ;)
RavenKat2
(259)245/207/165

*new id for inspiration*
RavenKat2
Trusted Member

PreviousNext

Return to Lean Cuisine