Confused about something on the FAQ page...

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Confused about something on the FAQ page...

Postby skyflier » October 23rd, 2005, 5:33 pm

I was reading the following on the FAQ page:

It is very important that you space out your shakes, so you have one every 3-4 hours, and have the first three by 2pm. You must have 3 shakes a day. Supplements generally replace one or two shakes a day. Do not have more than one Medifast bar per day.

Do you need at least 3 shakes a day? Does that mean I dont have to have 5 - I can have only 3 (I don't plan on any solid foods).

Also, what do they mean by 3 shakes a day and supplements generally replace one or two shakes? What is a supplement? I thought a shake was a supplement.

Thanks,
Lynne
skyflier

5 -- 1

Postby Jan » October 23rd, 2005, 6:48 pm

Hi Lynne,
Until recently it was recommended that you have a minimum of three shakes per day and then 2 other meal replacements per day to make a total of 5 per day. You are corrrect the shakes are a meal replacement. Now, the guidelines have changed. You may have 5 of any meal replacement each day BUT only one of these may be a bar. So, if you decided to have 5 puddings each day that would be fine. Or, you may have 5 shakes, 5 oatmeals etc. Or you can split it up -- 1 oatmeal
l bar, l soup l pudding, and 1shakes and a lean and green. If you do the complete fast -- no lean and green then you have 6 meal replacements each day. The complete fast should be done only under a Dr.s supervision.
You will do fine and once you get "the hang of it" it becomes more or less automatic,
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Skyflier » October 23rd, 2005, 8:43 pm

Okay - i see what they are saying now. Thanks for the clarification.
Skyflier

Postby betz » October 24th, 2005, 7:13 am

Also-- I believe the recommendation is now 2-3 hours. Rather than 4. Aim for 3...hours...and during the busier part of your day...space some 2 hours.

Maybe Nancy can clarify...but I'm fairly sure this is the new recommendation.
betz
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » October 24th, 2005, 7:24 am

Lynne ~

A shake is a supplement as are all the other meal replacement products. The only items not considered to be supplements or meal replacements are the Fast Soups and the Multigrain or Garden Vegetable Crackers. Fast Soups and Medifast Crackers are considered to be 'snacks' to be used for in between meal packets and not to be used as a complete meal replacement.

The Medifast 55 or 70 Shakes have more soy than any of the other products. For maximum heart health, the Heart Association recommends 25 grams of soy protein per day. In addition to being heart-healthy, soy is a natural appetite suppressant so for folks who feel hungry, a shake is filling and helps to satisfy our hunger.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.