Registered for a Dance Class Today

Fitness and Exercise

Registered for a Dance Class Today

Postby victoria7 » June 8th, 2005, 10:16 pm

I'm really excited!!! The S Factor is opening a studio in July here in San Francisco and I jumped on the bandwagon!!! If you watch Oprah, the S Factor is the studio that was started by Sheila Kelley after she fell in love with the sensual dancing she learned how to do in the movie, The Blue Iguana. Okay... Yeah... It's Pole-Dancing. :D

Today, I spoke with the woman who runs the dance studio here in San Francisco, after sending her a full body shot of me, and she said that the level one class will be a perfect place for me to start!

I also told her about how I am reclaiming my body after dealing with the undiagnosed sleep apnea for 11 years, that I'm on a diet program and that I was considering taking a dance class after I lost the weight...

Then after thinking about it some more I thought Forget THAT!!! I want to dance NOW!!!

She laughed with me & told me that she thought that was the Perfect Place to come from! She talked about having a space where *every* woman is celebrated & accepted, as well as their curves.

I'm super-excited!!!
Last edited by victoria7 on June 9th, 2005, 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
victoria7
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby doglover » June 9th, 2005, 5:31 am

Oh man would I LOVE that! I wish they'd open one here!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby KeleeGrl » June 9th, 2005, 6:12 am

I saw that on Oprah! It looks like so much fun....might have to get my husband to install one of them in the house! :dance:
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby victoria7 » June 9th, 2005, 8:41 am

You can buy a pole from the website that is removable! I'm not sure how it works---I don't have one. Yet! :-D

I think the classes will eventually be offered all over... The response has been amazing here in SF---Already two sessions are sold out!

And I didn't think that there was a problem with my language, Mr. Snippy, but I understand... I was all jazzed up & ramped up & I did use &*(( special characters instead of spelling things out! tee hee hee...

If I could, I would go edit my original post so that it said "I thought Forget That!"

and I can edit my own posts!!! I changed it to "Forget THAT!!! :D
Last edited by victoria7 on June 9th, 2005, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
victoria7

Postby Dean0408 » June 9th, 2005, 8:55 am

I like when Mr. Snippy clips out language. If I haven't seen what was there originally, it allows me to imagine all sorts of REALLY nasty words used to be there. I myself once had a word snipped........it was another word for donkey referring to the posterior.

Good luck with the pole dancing.....I think it will be a fun way to exercise with all sorts of residual benefits.

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby want2Bthin » June 9th, 2005, 9:31 am

Dean-

Your back!!! You don't have a potty mouth do you? :D :D

How was your daughter's wedding? We all missed you! How's Heidi doing? Welcome back.

Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » June 9th, 2005, 9:33 am

That <snip>language - Mr. Snippy</snip> Mr. Snippy!!
:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Guest » June 9th, 2005, 11:21 am

Dean we have been awaiting your arrival.....get busy and write a post that tells us all about the wedding and how maintenance is going!!!!

We are waiting with baited breath!!!

Maura

Postby martha » June 11th, 2005, 12:10 pm

Hi--I too saw that on Oprah.. it looked like such fun..sure wish they would open up a class like that here on the coast.. sounds like great exercise too... who would ever imagine me hanging upside down from a dance pole?? :lol: :lol: and you can have one installed in your home.. how great is that? keep us informed about how its going..and good luck--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Pole dancing?

Postby Seaside » June 11th, 2005, 3:53 pm

You all are way braver than I am. That sure sounds interesting, and I know your hubby would enjoy it, too. :D

Another great workout that is suitable for men and women of all sizes is hula; I learned that when I lived in Hawaii and still dance today even though I am far from the islands. It looks deceptively easy but you work up a sweat in no time. It's not quite the same as pole dancing, though...
Seaside
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby victoria7 » June 11th, 2005, 5:44 pm

Tee hee hee... I don't feel brave at all! But *everyone* keeps saying that... I danced (ballet, tap, jazz, etc) for over 20 years, so I'm just looking for a dance class that looks like fun! No bravery involved!

Of course, I'll be in a really supportive environment in class with a bunch of women in the same boat! :-) I made sure of that---going so far as to send the instructor a full body shot of me! lol... I've not promised anyone any dances outside of class, yet! :D

What I do feel is excited! I can't wait for July 9th (the date of my first class)!
victoria7

Return to The Gymnasium