Touching Base!

All that hard work and now what? Let's talk about how to keep those pounds off...

Touching Base!

Postby Lauren » February 24th, 2010, 10:15 am

Hi, everyone! I hope you're all doing great, and keeping spirits high - despite the crazy weather that has hit most of the country!

I wanted to check in because I realized it had been way too long since I last popped by, and didn't want anyone to think I'd fallen off the wagon! :-) Come on, now, you all know that when someone disappears, it's usually a bad sign (we've all been down that road, huh?)!

Fortunately it's only good news on this front, as life has been really good to me. BF and I just got back from a fabulous (but all too brief) vacation in Jamaica, and really got to enjoy running outside again (without wearing layer upon layer of gear to keep warm). I feel fortunate that whenever I begin to fall out of love with running, something happens that renews my enthusiasm. Quite some time back I had the same lull, and then I began running with my boyfriend's dog (something he thought could never happen, as the dog has a mind of its own), and, while it takes a lot of effort, both the dog and I seemed to truly thrive from it! He gives the experience new zeal, and I can tell he loves it too! Besides, it's an insanely good workout on my arms and core, since I have to constantly wrangle him in! Anyway, the doggie re-energized me months ago, and now Jamaica did it again!

I did my fair share of eating - including a run in with coconut chicken that could have gone badly (ha!), but that's all part of the maintenance game, knowing how to enjoy some treats, and then reigning it back in when necessary. I think I'm figuring the balance out, not without its struggles, believe me, but I feel like most of the time I've got a handle on the beast. And when the beast periodically rears its head, I now have the confidence to know that I can get back into the groove and get strict again. That is actually the best part, knowing that if I stray off course, it's not the end of me, it's not going to mean I suddenly start gaining all the weight back, that I have the ability to say "enough is enough, get back on track." Robin and Tawanda proved it can be done, too! Please all remember that, folks, don't let a pound or two increase on the scale turn into more, just jump back in the game and make some magic!

Anyway, I hope everyone is kicking a** and looking forward to a Spring that - I swear - is not that far away.

Keep on keepin' on!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Re: Touching Base!

Postby Unca_Tim » February 24th, 2010, 10:26 am

Hi Lauren,
:wave:
It's always a pleasure and honor to have you pop in on the forum. It's so good to hear you're in good spirits and livin the thin life.
I was looking at your maintenance medallion and wondering how many years it's behind?

Let me know how long you've been maintaining and I'll update your medallion for you...:)
Take care and keep enjoying life.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Lauren » February 24th, 2010, 10:38 am

Wow, Unca, thanks so much for that sweet post, and for noticing the medallion thing...I admit I never noticed the years in it! Ha!

Well, let's see, I started MF in November of 2005, I hit my initial goal on 11/30/06, but then with more loss, hit my better goal just shy of March 2007, so, wow, that would make us at the 3 years of maintenance. That's insane. And super cool. And I love that you just made me think about that. :-)

Yeah, man, change it up!!!

Lauren
Lauren

Postby Tawanda » February 24th, 2010, 12:39 pm

Hi Lauren, your post had me smiling....your happiness, contentment and enthusiasm is apparent.

Thanks for the note in my journal, I appreciate you!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Maintenance