Question?!?!

Fitness and Exercise

Question?!?!

Postby Alexis » May 29th, 2005, 10:16 am

Okay, so everyone says no exercise for 3 weeks- and I believe you. But my booklet I got with my MF starter kit says if you're already a regular exerciser just cut your normal workout in half - and I believe the booklett people too. Which is the right thing to do?
For the past 4 months I was doing hardcore water aerobics with weights twice a week, and going to the gym at least once a week. Now it's been two weeks since I've gone, 1 week of which was for MF, and I really WANT to go. Like, my body is saying "hey Alexis? What gives?"

I would hate to screw up my MF program so early in the game, so what should I do? No excercise? or half a workout?
Alexis

Postby Walks262 » May 29th, 2005, 10:36 am

Alexis,

Nancy may be along to give you advice. I don't believe she deviates from the MF booklet. And I know it depends alot on what you have been doing before MF. But, since you have been exercsing regularly, I would go back, but keep it EASY and consider sandwiching it between Medi-meals -- consider having a Bar before.

Search this forum for more discussion on this topic. Here is one thread you might find helpful.
http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-1930.html and includes Nancy's comments

Good Luck!
Walks262

204.5/150/147, then, 142
Walks262
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Exercise

Postby Jan » May 29th, 2005, 7:52 pm

Hi Alexis
The rule about no exercise for 3 weeks is for those of us who have not been exercising. It is too stressful on the body to begin an exercise program at the same time as starting Medifast which is a low calorie program. What happens is your body refuses to part with any wieght -- it goes into self preservation mode (thinks you're trying to do it in) and says" phooy" I'm holding on to what I have. If you have been exercising routinely all along then you cut your exercise by half. Don't exercise too much though or you'll still shock your body. The maximum length of exercise time should be no more than 45 minutes. (thats after the initial 3 weeks on program.) I'm not sure exactly what to advise since you eliminated all exercise for 2 weeks now. I would guess you need to start slowly and then work back up but keep in mind the 45min rule.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » June 1st, 2005, 8:18 pm

Sorry I missed this, Darlin' ~

Yes, you MAY continue to exercise if you normally do so. Jan is right on, as is Walks. Water aerobics are perfect - joint impact is nil.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby fatBgone » June 1st, 2005, 10:23 pm

Glad to hear that water aerobics is PERFECT. :thumbup: I'm starting a class tomorrow night (Tuesday & Thursday evenings) and I'm excited about starting. :-P I did them last year during the summer too, but to be honest, I never really felt sore and wondered if they were really "doing" anything. Oh well, I figure it can't hurt - right??

I'm also happy to report that this morning (at 6:45...yikes) I went to Curves and joined and did my first workout there. :yippee: I have to take my 15 year old daughter to swim practice EVERY day at 6:30 - 8:00 AM and Curves opens at 6:00 AM on Mon, Wed & Fri.....so I've got a perfect little plan. I'll do Curves those 3 mornings right after I drop Lauren off to swim - and then on Tuesday & Thursday evenings - I'll do water aerobics. :exercise:

Maybe I'll finally kick this roadblock into the curb - once & for all!! :bricks: hehe!! I actually think I've pushed through the 30# club, (YEAH) but I'll just hiding it til Sunday for Roll Call - cause I'm still bouncin and I want to be sure. :hide:

Oh yeah, the lady at Curves told me this morning that I might see a slight gain at first....has anyone experienced that? :huh: I just can't imagine that I'm building up THAT much muscle - enough to show a gain???
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » June 2nd, 2005, 7:33 am

Yes, you may have a slight gain - generally because of muscle strain and use - the body bathes stressed tissues with healing fluids.

Keep yourself well-hydrated, don't weigh for a week or two...muscle weighs more than flab and yet it takes up less space than flab does - so take your measurements, you'll be getting smaller...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to The Gymnasium