Something cool happened this week!

Fitness and Exercise

Something cool happened this week!

Postby Guest » May 18th, 2005, 12:23 pm

I have been a member of Curves (exercise facility) since April 7, 2004. This month they (the manager at our Curves) started doing Curves "Members of the Week" Each week 2 members are selected for "Motivating Member of the Week" and "Inspirational Member of the Week".

So I popped in on Tues morning for my workout and saw my name on the board as "Motivating Member of the Week" I was thrilled! It was very nice to be recognized.

Hey, you have to be M-O-T-I-V-A-T-E-D to be at Curves at 6am 3 days (or more) a week!!!! And a year plus and counting to boot!!!

I just thought I would share how that little thing just made my WHOLE week! 8)

Sheila
5 weeks = –18lbs

Postby Mommy2girls » May 18th, 2005, 12:34 pm

Okay that "Guest" is me, Sheila. Forgot to sign in!!!

:oops:
Sheila
Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 18th, 2005, 2:38 pm

Sheila~~That is fantastic! Wow 6am :nonono: not for me. I do get up at 6 am but that just barely gives me enough time to get ready for work.

Good for you............CONGRATULATIONS SHEILA! :cleader: on being the Motivating Member of the Week!

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby want2Bthin » May 18th, 2005, 2:54 pm

Sheila-

You should be proud of yourself! Congrats!

Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby dlr2424 » May 18th, 2005, 3:42 pm

Sheila............... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: ...Good for you!!!!!!!!!...........now wait till they notice the flab flying....... :pigsfly: ..........you will then get "Inspirational Member of the Week"............. :yay: ..........
keep up the great work!!!!
donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 18th, 2005, 5:29 pm

Hey Sheila, I go to Curves too. DEFINITELY NOT at 6 a.m. though!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD for you ;) Also awesome is that they should have been doing your measurements all this time too and you'll know exactly how many inches you've lost since starting medifast when we start our MEASUREMENT MONDAY roll call in June!! outstanding!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby Guest » May 19th, 2005, 3:12 pm

Thanks girls! There is a group of about 15 ladies who all try to be there at 6am when they open. My Curves is right next to a retirement community and so a lot of the ladies are in their 50's, 60's and one is in her 70's. I'm 33. So I just hope that whenever I'm 60 that I'm movtivated enough to get out there at 6am and work my muscles.

They all inspire me!!!

And Christi, you know what? They did my measurements in April 04 and never again. Guess I better march in there and ask for weigh and measure!!! LOL! That will be a good indicator other than the scale and I'll post my stats at the new MEASUREMENT ROLL CALL!!!!

Sheila
5 weeks = –18lbs

Postby Mommy2girls » May 19th, 2005, 3:13 pm

Jeez, there I go AGAIN!!!!!!!!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Mommy2girls

Postby LilMsTexas » May 19th, 2005, 6:28 pm

Sheila...........click the box so that your computer automatically signs you in everytime you get in here :D

And not being measured since April will actually be really good for you. You should see a good change until now and then be right on track!

Oh.....and there is a 90 year old woman that goes to my Curves :shock: She is absolutely freaking ADORABLE in her tenny shoes and t-shirt and she dances a little jig in between the machines.........absolutely FANTABULOUS!!! She is my inspiration for sure.

Hope you're having a great week. I'll be back at Curves tomorrow. Had a sick baby at home today.

Ni night everybody! Three more days and a wake up until my plastic surgery doctor's appointment!! (not that i'm counting)
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby Tk » May 20th, 2005, 8:31 am

Christi;
Your having plastic surgury? On what? From your pic, you are beautiful!! Oh, and I would so love to meet this 90 year old woman!!
Tk
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 20th, 2005, 8:42 am

Thanks TK, But if you could see under my shirt and shorts you would see the tummy hanging down pretty good. That's why and how I conceal it. I am still a good 25 lbs overweight and it's ALL right in my stomach that is hanging down :cry: if the rest of my body matched my legs and arms I wouldn't have a problem at all. But I have all this weight right around my middle and sagging. Dieting and exercise alone aren't helping it. Well,it's helping of course, but not getting rid of it. I will continue to lose down to my goal weight, or at least within 10lbs of it, before having any surgery. And at this point it's not approved by insurance. That appt is Monday!!!!

I'll keep you all posted after that. WIsh me luck :D
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby Tk » May 21st, 2005, 9:24 am

Thank you so much for sharing. Good luck to you on your surgury. I know after I loose my 100 lbs, my tummy will sag. I wish it weren't true, but I put myself in this predicament and now I am getting myself out of this prodicament.

Again, good luck and keep us posted!!
Tanya
Tk
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby TEEZS2K » June 8th, 2005, 7:29 am

CURVES did wonders for my initial 90 pound weight loss. I highly recommend their program. I just could not remember how to work all those weights at a normal gym and ended up injuring myself each time I tried. NOW 6am CRAZY TALK! You go girl! I need to get back to Curves because my arms & thighs NEVER looked so trim & slim as they did then.
Congrats to you!
Theresa
On my way to Self Confidence!
Started MF 6/5/05
week 1 - 8#loss
week 2 - 4#loss

TEEZS2K
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby martha » June 11th, 2005, 12:02 pm

Shelia----- First CONGRATULATIONS on the honor bestowed upon you---Motivating Member of the Week.. WOW!!! :lol: :lol: Second-- does Curves really make that big of a difference?? I've heard of them but never tried them.. anyway have a great week!!!!!!!!!---Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Gymnasium