What happened to my brain?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

What happened to my brain?

Postby AlaskaB » December 6th, 2005, 5:09 pm

I'm new to this posting thing so bear with me. I have been Medifasting (5 and 1) for a few months now and am pleased with the results. I do have some questions/concerns. My big concern is that I have noticed a marked impairment of my short term and working memory. It is not just me, as friends and coworkers have commented as well. I feel like processing speed is down as well but do not have corroboration for that. This cannot continue.
I have been pretty good at maintianing the 5 and one. Sometimes the meals are 4-5 hours apart but they are all in there. I am taking a one-a-day and B-complex in addition.
Has anyone had a similar problem and fixed it? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
AlaskaB
First Post

Postby ljm498 » December 7th, 2005, 4:53 am

Hi AlaskaB! This has happened to me as well when I go so long between meals. I think if I go more than 3 hours my blood sugar goes wonky and I know when that happens my brain gets foggy. I would be sure to get your meals in within 2 to 3 hours apart and see if that helps. Also, make sure you are getting enough water. I know dehydration can play havoc too.

Hope that helps!

Lynne
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Gwenski » December 7th, 2005, 12:03 pm

AlaskaB-

I am with Lynne on spacing your MF closer together and getting enough water. Whenever, I go out and get off schedule, I get all sorts of weird. Always make sure you have something on you to take and try to get something down every 2 to 3 hours or so.

Hope this helps you out. Best wishes.
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » December 8th, 2005, 12:59 pm

Dear AlaskaB ~

Like others have already mentioned, blood sugar can have something to do with experiencing brain fog.

It is important to eat on time and sometimes we don't realize that we have gone beyond the prescribed three hour time interval because hunger truly does go away while Medifasting. Many people actually notice an improvement in their thinking ability because they are no longer in a sugar stupor but likewise, low blood sugars are not good either.

Our goal is to maintain a level blood sugar by eating all of our meals on time. Try eating your meals according to the clock - every three hours and see if there is an improvement. If you are very active, you may require an additional shake or half of a bar.

Be sure to talk to your doc about this. You may also consider calling our Take Shape For Life Nurse.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Weight Loss