Sunday Morning Roll Call, May 15, 2005

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Sunday Morning Roll Call, May 15, 2005

Postby want2Bthin » May 15th, 2005, 3:34 am

Good morning everyone! Congrats to all the losers today.

I am down 2.90 pounds today for a total loss of 30.5 pounds! I finally made it to the 30 pound club!!!! :D

Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 15th, 2005, 3:47 am

GOOOOOOOOOOOD SUNDAY MORNING EVERYONE!!
I'm up bright and early this morning because my son decided he should finish sleeping in our bed at 6:00 a.m. :shock: Of course that means I am now awake and couldn't resist running to the scales.......and well......here I am. I am down 3lbs for the week!! Since I am a DAILY SCALE WATCHER I knew of this loss early in the week. That my friends is good and bad. Good that I get excited early to see the loss :D ......bad because then I have an expectation of losing more by the weekend only to be disappointed :( I'm not disappointed with my 3lb loss at all.......just got so dang close to moving to the next level ie. from 160 to 159. You know how it is At any rate......I'm excited to have 26lbs off and now I'm officially 1lb lighter than I need to lose :cheerleader: It's awesome this morning to be at the half way point! I'm also sneaking up on the 30# club. I doubt it will be next week because I tend to lose 2-3lbs a week (or .6!) And that is one of life's cruel ironies to get within a 1lb of goal and have to wait another week to see it :roll:

So......here I am.......waiting for all you sleepy heads to get up this morning and join in the celebration. And let me remind you all that we have a new ROLL CALL coming our way on the first Monday of June!! If you have never done your measurements then get on it right away. Starting the FIRST MONDAY of JUNE we will have a MONDAY MEASUREMENT ROLL CALL forum!! I will be making a formal post sometime soon with all the set up details.......but get those measurement tapes out boys and girls and come be a part of a thrilling experience watching your body literally melt away in front of your eyes

W.A.T.C.H.
Waist, (Abdomen & Arms), Thighs, Chest, Hips
These will be the official measuring areas, but you will be allowed to post anything extra that you are interested in.

So..........Happy Sunday morning. Have an awesome week and KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP ON SHAKIN'!!

CHEERS!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 15th, 2005, 3:54 am

ok..........that was tasking. Me and Angelia were typing at the same time and our posts got up there with two different roll calls. soooooooooooo to keep it all legit I took mine off and cut and paste it here so we'd all be on the same sheet of music! wewwwwwww there was my workout this morning. I was hoping I would get it done before someone replied to mine and then we had to move both......and well.......you get the picture.

sooooooooooooooooooo now to Angelia.........WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm sooooooooooooo excited for you sweetie. That's awesome!! I'm hot on your heels for the 30# club so save me a spot! WAY TO GO!! :cheerleader:

Big hugs,
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby ljm498 » May 15th, 2005, 4:39 am

Angelia-Great loss and big BIG congratulations on hitting the 30# club!

Christi-Great loss for you too! Lately I've become a daily scale watcher too and just can't stop. I know exactly how you feel when you lose a few early in the week and then you try to guestimate how much more you will lose by the end of the week. Usually, well, for me anyway, it never works out the way I think! :D

Good luck to everyone this week! I hope the scale gods are good to everyone.

As for me, despite the ground turkey fiasco I still managed an awesome 4# loss for the week. I've finally hit the 20# club and am heading to the 30# club! The next thing to look forward to is jumping into the 180's! Wahoo!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 15th, 2005, 4:49 am

Hey Lynne.........congratulations on the BIG 4lbs!! And ooooooooh how happy it is to be in the 20# club :D

I'm really thankful for the turkey talk :turkey: this week. I had a whole menu planned around turkey for last night with guests and I would have NEVER thought to look for the turkey breast (being the leanest). When I went to the store there was in fact the ground turkey and then the extra lean ground turkey breast 8) I felt empowered by the education and I've made one more notch in the noggin' for maintenance too.

have a great week!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby doglover » May 15th, 2005, 5:06 am

Christi- you are always so exciting and so positive. I just love ya gal! ;) Congrats on those 3 lbs. The closer I get to goal the worse I am about the scale. I am on just about every day now. It is not frustrating me at all, just more curious and excited.

Lynne and Angelia - great job to you too!

This week I lost 1 lb. I am happy bec. I have had a very stressful work week. Wed we had an all day meeting/dinner/party night. I must confess it was NOT something I could take shakes into. I was able to sneak 2 bars in (I know, but better than eating nothing) and then I had 2 lean/greens for the day. But I felt really good about the choices, not like I was cheating, just maintaining. But then I had a sort of cheat....

I won a big award - Employee of the Year - and that meant people wanted to celebrate w/ me. I had one diet coke and rum. I did not beat myself up, I just realized that there is a life after MF!!! I can tell you quite honestly that losing 30+ lbs and eating about 800 calories makes a HUGE difference to how affected you are by alcohol! I thankfully found that out before Jamaica (in 5 days!). I was not hung over at all as I never got "drunk" but I sure was feeling it after one drink! I then quickly switched to water!

And, now I am finding that my hunger has dropped to nothing. For 2 days I could only manage 5 medimeals instead of 6. I am really hoping to be able to get those 6 in every day this week.

So 4.5 to go to goal. I feel confident it will be here sooner than later. Good luck to everyone and congrats on all the losses and all the great attitudes!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 15th, 2005, 6:01 am

EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I knew I was in the presence of great people!! Way to go and I'm glad you celebrated! We shouldn't let our weight over shadow our successes. You were mindful, and yet ADULT and Thoughtful about your choices. You didn't go to far.......you were responsible.........and you shine for it!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

And just how long will you be in Jamaica mon?? 8) I could be in full blown Donna withdrawals by then :( hehe Don't forget to pack the laptop! lol

Congratulations on the 1lb this week too. I would imagine that at the end it is just slowwwwwwwww going........just like El Red Ear's little turtle hehe

Have a great week!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby armeewyf » May 15th, 2005, 6:22 am

Good morning everyone! I don't usually chime in on Sunday weigh-ins but I have decided to get weighed twice a week vs once. So I will now be pulling out the scale on Sundays in addition to Wednesday! I have lost 2.0 lbs since Wednesday. Thats a total of 22 lbs. I am shooting for 8 more by June 3...my first mini-goal of 30 lbs I want to lose before I step foot on that plane for vacation! Come on MF...do your THANG! :lol:

Congrats to those early risers who have already posted! Angelia, way to go hitting the 30 lb club...hopefully I am right behind ya! :wave:

Everyone have a great Sunday! :clap:

Lee Ann
armeewyf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Walks262 » May 15th, 2005, 6:26 am

WOOO HOOOOO!

I just love hearing about all these pounds dissappearing!
And BIG Congratulations to Angelia: the 30 pound club! And, to Lynne the 20 pound club. :cheerleader: And great results for you, too Christi and Lee Ann.

Donna, it sounds like you did wonderfully. I call it controlled deviation. And I think it is okay and actually helpful on a limited basis. You are functioning in the real world and training yourself for long term maintenance.

And, I must confess, I, too, am a daily scale watcher. :oops: Two reasons:
1. it helps keep me honesst with myself: if I get on the scales I know I am facing that reality;
and, 2. with MF and its wonderful results I don't know how I could possible wait to find out how I was doing.

I am keely aware that there are downsides to this. You have to be able to handle "fluctuations." I know that with water retention, etc my body weight can swing several pounds at any time. Also, when I have a loss I am sometimes afraid to get on the scales the next morning to see if it stuck! Was it real? Like tomorrow, I am going to be really afraid because this morning was wonderful! I hit a total of 25 pounds gone, for a 4.5 pound loss this week! I am so excited I am jumping up and down all over the house. DH says my baggy pants look like clown pants. Wheeeeee! So, 8 weeks into this and I have lost 25 pounds, 33 to go.
:dance:

Best wishes to all Medifasters! And congratulations to all losers!!
Walks262

204.5/150/147, then, 142
Walks262
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby KeleeGrl » May 15th, 2005, 6:30 am

Congratulations Angelia for the 30# club :cheerleader: ! Also, way to go Christi, Lynne and Donna. By the way Donna, I'm with you for the stressful week thing. Your emotions definitely effect your eating! I can add a pound to my 4 pounds that I was down on Tuesday. I'm happy with that, but this week I'm going to strive to join the 20# club! :whip: I'm going to crack my own whip!
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 15th, 2005, 6:31 am

WOW Walks..........4.5 in one week is FANNNNNNNNNNTABULOUS!! Congratulations on your CLOWN PANTS too 8) very cool.

Will we be calling you WALKS? :)

Have a great week!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby Heidi » May 15th, 2005, 6:33 am

WOW!! Great Job Everyone--I am proud to be a member of this terrific group of people! I am down 4 lbs. in the last two weeks, hitting 25 lbs. and 16 inches since April 5. Not too bad considering I threw myself an enormous pity party for the past week, eating everything that crawled in front of me. Keep going--you're all do an amazing job!! Heidi
Heidi
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 15th, 2005, 6:40 am

That is really an incredible loss in such a period of time Heidi. Great job! And stop saying you were having a pity party! You were having LIFE and REAL heart ache and that in NO WAY constitutes a pity party. You have to learn to give yourself permission to "feel". We don't give ourselves permission to EAT just because we FEEL something.......but you and all of us certainly are allowed to have real feelings about real things. Part of this journey is to change the self talk we do to ourselves. The self punishing and the self blame. I hereby give you permission to be human ;)

No go out there and have another awesome week taking ACTION with your plan :D
CHEERS!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby Spunky » May 15th, 2005, 6:51 am

Morning Y'all, Congratulations to all your successful inputs this morning!

I have to report that I have been on the fence for a while simply loosing a pound a week for the last month or so and not being true to myself. I needed help and that is something I have trouble with asking for. I wrote to my advisor. The advisors response was: a note asking if I would say yes and COMMIT to my Medifast success and a happy, healthier heart. I didn't respond right away. I had to sleep on it. I woke up to a sign. More like a lightbulb moment. :shock: My brand new side-by-side fridge died. All the food was gone and water from the ice maker was everywhere.

My answer to your question: YES, I am commited to this program and my health!

Look out, Spunky is back. :redprowl: :redprowl: :redprowl:
Happy Trails Y'all......... Spunky

258/238/148healthy
Spunky
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Roll call

Postby Seaside » May 15th, 2005, 7:11 am

Good morning, everyone! It's been 2 weeks since I last posted: I've been sick. Not sick enough to lose weight (that's a good thing; illness shouldn't be a diet plan) but I did go off the diet. Gained 2 lbs back. That's my sad roll call news. Good news is that I am on the mend and will be back on the plan!
Seaside
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Next

Return to Roll Call