Sunday Morning Roll Call: May 29, 2005

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

one down

Postby MsApril » May 29th, 2005, 10:47 am

Congrats to allyou who lost and to those that are trying to.

I am down 1 pound this week-- Yeah !! that makes me 12 in 3 weeks-- cool !!
Ms April in Arkansas
"Dance like no one is watching!"

MsApril
Regular Member - #10 Club

roll call. here!

Postby oregonrose » May 29th, 2005, 11:16 am

HI everybody, I am so proud of everybody-- you all shine. I look at you folks who are in the 30, 40, 60, 100 lb club and I am in awe. Keep up the great work!

I am down to 207 which makes 7 lbs this week for a total of 13! I am amazed. I know it will slow down but I am so motivated by the moving scale I want even more to stay on program. I could not have done it without all your support and hand holding thru a couple of crisis moments!

WOOOO hOOOOO! nancy :lol: :lol: :D
Knowledge is power
oregonrose
Preferred Member - #10 Club

do the math

Postby oregonrose » May 29th, 2005, 12:45 pm

by the way, gang, thats a total of 53.9 pounds we lost collectively! isn't that amazing! nancy
Knowledge is power
oregonrose
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 29th, 2005, 1:38 pm

Oh my goodness.......what an awesome week for everyone! We of course are missing folks right now, but I hope everyone is having a fannnnnnntabulous weekend 8) Now let me see what's been going on in here.........

I see Nancy (OregonRose) is the BIG LOSER for the week with 7#s of good ole fashioned FAT FLUSHED DOWN THE TUBE!! Welcome to your first exclusive club (although you won't be there very long) And Angelia in a verrrrrrrrrrrry close second at 6lbs for the week.........WOW.......40lb club here you come!!!

Moving into second place is TK, Seaside, and BK all with 4lbs gone!! Dang those are some awesome losses in one week ladies!! Congratulations on the 10# club TK and you lost the exact same as I did in my first month ;)

24K with 3.5 and scaring the heck out of ONEDERLAND now, Sherri (sister) with 3lbs and better than half way now, and Beautifulb 3.4 and 17 total so far....and Mary Mary.....girl if you keep prancing around in that Tankini in front of your husband he's gonna think he's cheating on his wife with a thinny new girlfriend ;) great job on the 3lbs this week.........WOWZER on a great week to all of you!!

Donna-WAZ UP DAWG?? 2.5lbs already since Jamaica?? Dang that's SMOKIN'!! Way to whip that body back into shape and jump right back on the ship to thinnyville 8) Oh........and I grew up with parents wisking away to the indy 500 my whole life. We are a MAJOR racing family and my parents spent every year at the INDY in the PITS with friends racing 8) My Dad had to delay his trip one year for me to graduate from Junior High and then again for High School :D He flew out both times after the show......no way was he and his friends (My "uncles") gonna miss the Indy lol
Ali with 2.5, and Walks262 with 2.5 and approaching the half way point and nearly the 30# club......awesome!! Diet Diva.....2lbs this week....and into size 10 jeans.....oh my gosh I dream of size 10 jeans again. How incredibly awesome it must feel to go from 310 to 172 :D You are BLAZIN' to your goal and let me be one of many to say congratulations sweetie.......that's just FANNNNNNNNNTABULOUS!

Kimmy you're doing awesome with 1.5 and 22 total......Let's see you get into the 160's this week. Gosh how I know how it feels to be so close to a new milestone. I wave my magic thinny wand at you and sprinkle the magic dust while dancing around in my angel costume (story on another thread lol) And MsApril.....1lb in a week means two things......1.You lost and 2. There is a big loss headed your way. Hold onto your girdles ladies, April is in the 10# club and heading to the 20!! Better stand out of her way :D

I hope you all have a super dooper Memorial Day weekend. It is always a special holiday for us with my husband and all generations of our families serving our country in every war and in times of peace. I hope you will all take a moment today to explain to your children what this weekend is really about. Just like Christmas becoming a shopping holiday without the remembrance of Jesus Christ, Memorial Day has become just about the day off from work and the cook outs. We should all take a moment and think about "the reason for the season" and make it all meaningful ;)

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY........I'm going upstairs to hug my soldier....because he's not in Iraq this year and I can :D
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby fatBgone » May 29th, 2005, 3:24 pm

Well, I'm here for my roll-call...not too excited though. :|

I seem to be in an ongoing rut....even though I lost last week, it took a couple of weeks to lose that and I was so excited thinking that I had broken my "stall" and then this week, I'm just maintaining my loss from last week. It's like I lose - then stay the same before I lose again. What's up with that??? So, officially, I'm down .2 pounds...but that's still not enough to break through that 30# club door!! :brickwall: Bummer!! :x

I'm thinking maybe I'll do ONLY shakes this week and see if that helps....but I'm afraid I'll get bored, plus I really look forward to the soups and oatmeals, so I don't know if that's a good idea or not. My other thought was to start going to Curves this week and get some movin & groovin going on....maybe that'll help. :exercise: I had been telling myself that when school gets out (Wednesday was the last day) that I would have more time to go. I actually went yesterday to join, but they were closed. So, I'm going to go tomorrow and check it out.

So, even though I'm not down very much, I guess I should just be glad that I'm keeping off what I've lost - and I am thrilled with 29 pounds of flab gone - FOREVER....so I'm not too bummed.

You want to know what else is weird....I've been shopping a couple of times this week and I actually bought a couple pair of capris that are a size 12...woohoo!! A couple of weeks ago, the 14's were still a little snug, so somehow, even though the scale is showing much of a difference, my pants are getting smaller....hehe!! :clapclap: The flip side of this is that I still need a 1X top, because I'm not losing any in my bra!! And I really want to...BAD. I've always heard just the opposite problem...women lose that first (and don't want to). So, for my shirts, they fit all funky....my shoulder seams are hanging down way past my actual shoulder and they're loose in the tummy and neck, but if I get an XL shirt, it's too tight across the chest....I just can't win.... :hammerhead:

Christi - Glad you're down 2 more pounds....You & I just HAVE to get to the 30# club next week!! :yay:

Nancy - what an awesome week for you!! How exciting!! :bouncie:

Ms. April - Yeah for you!! You're doing sooo good!! :kool:

TK - So cool you are in the 10# club now!! Your little dancin rose will be jammin now!! :rose:

bk - I'm in awe with you all the time!! I love reading about your success and your attitude is great. I'm a big shopoholic too!! :stroll:

24K - You're another one that I love to hear from. You've done sooo good & that's neat that now you're gonna have a buddy right there with you. She's lucky to have you as her very own personal support system. Make sure you hook her up with the board here...we're anxious to meet her! :hug:

Diet Diva - That light at the end of the tunnel will be getting brighter and closer as each week goes by. You're another one of our heros! It's so neat to read about you guys and how well you've done. It makes me realize that I'll be there one day too!! :yeah:

Hey Kim - I'll be thrilled when I can say "hope to get to the 160's next week"!! You're doing great!! :-P

Mary - Was it raining up there today? :lightening: We had a storm real early this morning, but it's cleared up now. Hope you're having fun down here in Texas & how exciting for you that your hubby is calling you skinny now!! Sounds like you're staying on plan while on your trip....that's great!!

Walks262 - Count me in on that 30# club too! We can ALL have a party next week when we get there! You're doing great - especially since you've been indulging a little....doesn't look like it hurt you though. :thumbup:

sister - 3 pounds gone - YEAH!! I can't even see that 60# club door yet :tears: ....and you'll be long gone before I even get close!

Ali - You're doing super!! You've already lost 2.5 pounds, and it hasn't even been a week yet!! How exciting! :thumbup:

Donna - So cool that you're already losing that little bit you gained in Jamaica. It'll be gone before you know it!! Congrats! :star:

Tena - You'll make that 20# club fast!! You're doing great! Hey, by the way...I used to live up near Pittsburgh....in Oakdale - out by the airport. What part of town are you in? I really miss shopping at Gabes up there! Kinda junky - but lots of good deals if you have the time to find them! :dohdoh:

Angelia - WOW - 6 pounds is super!! :clapclap: That's like a "first" week loss!! You'll be in that 40# club next week for sure!! Did you start on 3/19 or is that when you joined this group? Just curious - cuz I started MF on 3/17.

Seaside - that 4 pounds of flingin flab is gone forever!! YEAH!! :yay: I'm right there with ya knockin on that 30# club door....next Sunday for SURE, uh? Be there or be square!! hehe!

And Lynne....aren't you proud of me for waiting for you for the 30# club?? hehe!! We'll get there together :stroll: next week!!

WHEW....that's a BUNCH of losers here!!! Congratulations to ALL of us!!

:goteam:
Lisa
fatBgone

Postby ljm498 » May 29th, 2005, 4:49 pm

Congratulations to everyone!!! Great week!

Lisa, this week we'll be in that 30# club for sure!!!!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby LuzInIt » May 29th, 2005, 5:01 pm

Hang in there Lisa - that scale's gonna move, guaranteed! I'm with you this week. Not very much exciting to report, so I've been reading & posting everywhere but here - I didn't want to be a poop. I'd been losing at a nice clip (avg 4-5 pounds a week) and then the slow down started: 3 last week, then 1.8 this week. I'm fearing a trend developing. (Of course with nearly a ton to lose, I was expecting big numbers every week :? ). I'm wondering if Splenda might be fattening :shock: I've never used sweeteners before this diet, and some of my shake concoctions and oatmeals are so good with sweet stuff in them. Boy, I love it when you guys get big numbers! Congratulations everyone! Hey Lisa, next week -you and me babe - what do ya say. Let's lay claim to a 4 or 5 pound loss for ourselves for the coming week. Have fun at Curves if you make it there. Every one I know who goes loves it.
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nickinva » May 29th, 2005, 5:26 pm

Well well well guys... I didn't have a scale before today, and i was last weighed about a month ago at 220lbs (the day after i ordered my shakes)... I assumed that i was about the same -- as I didn't even have the shakes until this Friday, BIG SURPRISE! I went to Bed and Linens (something like that anyways) seeing what scale would fit me best. After testing 5 different scales to see if they were right i only weighed 205!!!!! So now I'm changing my goal to about 175 :mrgreen:

Although it is possible that my 3 days on medifast have nearly put me in the 20lb club, I doubt it! That was defiantly all the motivation ill need to get to my new goal ^____^
MF 6 Shake program
Start Date: 4/27/05
End Date 6/27/05
Went from 240 to 195
Nickinva
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 29th, 2005, 6:10 pm

Hey Nick..........not to be a smarta$$ or anything..........but now do you know why you started on a three day weekend??? NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS ;) hehe GREAT NEWS on your beginning success. There's never a "perfect" time to go on a diet. There is always a holiday coming up or an event or "Time of the Month" for women or SOMETHING! So good for you on just STARTING and not having to wait for the perverbial MONDAY!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby dlr2424 » May 29th, 2005, 7:25 pm

Fatbgone...........I can relate to you all to well..... :aarggh: ......and my empathy to you....... :hug: .......however it will come off....... :yes: .....maybe not as fast as we would like..... :redprowl: ......but don't despair it will happen (easier said than done).............

Nancy & Angelia..............WEIGH TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!.......................... :yay: you got the GOLD this week

Congratulations to everyone........ :goteam: ..........you all did fabulous.................. :clap:

For me I parted with another pound.... :huh: ......1 pound lost is better than 1 pound gained

And Christi.......thank you........great advice.....reflecting on the reason for the season.......something we don't always do enough of in this fast pace world

Have a shakin weekend
Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby beautifulb » May 29th, 2005, 7:29 pm

Thanks fatBgone! I've heard of Oakdale. I live in Pittsburgh. Go Steelers! :cleader: Gabes is still around. I haven't been in a long time and from what I can remember, that didn't have a great plus size section. I don't plan on being in plus sizes for too much longer though! :byebye:

Although the scale didn't budge this week, it sounds like you are losing inches. Going from a size 14 to 12 in a couple of weeks is great!

The 30 pound club is yours this week!

Tena
Beatena
beautifulb

One day at a time...nothing worthwhile comes easy!
RE-started Medifast 3/3/08
296/275.6/145
beautifulb
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby martha » May 29th, 2005, 8:22 pm

Hi everyone.. tried to do this this morning but forgot about the invalid session thing.. just got home from a 3 day stay at the hospital with my mom.. i brought 18 shakes with me and although it was harder this time cause i had to fix, butter and feed her the food(and it smelled great) I stayed on the 5and 1 program. even had food brought in to me.. I didn't get to walk at all this week but did lose 4#.. I have finally made it to the 30#club.. congratulations to all of you, the scale has a way of keeping us crazy(kinda like a watched pot never boils) just keep your chins up and don't forget your goals and you will do GREAT!!!!!!! -- till next week---Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Finally!!

Postby eddieHoustonTX » May 29th, 2005, 9:00 pm

Ladies and gentlemen.....

I am officialy 293 today!!
Edward Flinn
Houston, Texas USA
[/url]
eddieHoustonTX
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » May 29th, 2005, 11:10 pm

Woo hoo Eddie! Congratulations!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby doglover » May 30th, 2005, 6:48 am

You know - this is truly the most heartwarming group of people I have ever run across. Here is Lisa (fatBgone) who has struggled and is bummed this week and yet she goes on to list and congratulate everyone by name who had posted thus far.

Lisa - many hugs to you for being so encouraging and uplifting. :hug:

Everyone else too. Thanks for being the best group of people I have ever been aquainted with!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call