Sunday Morning Roll Call, May 8, 2005

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Postby bk » May 8th, 2005, 9:10 am

I am awaiting magic wand usage!!!

sister - 50 lbs!! wooooooooooo!!! awesome!

Mary - I'm so happy to hear that your choppers are getting better! We are cheering you on to 100 lbs lost!!! What a milestone!!!

Joyce - it all adds up! I admire your commitment!

Monkeymom - what are these croutons you speak of??

24k - four pounds!?! fantabulous!!! yes, I've been at it again :) today a (male) friend and I are going shopping so I can redo him. (and boy does he ever need it - all his clothes are old & skanky & grease & sweat stained! he's a gymnast who likes to play with cars and he needs to learn the difference between "play" clothes & "nice" clothes. geez. i'm pretty sure by the age of 5 i learned that difference!). so at least i can go shopping without spending any money!!! (okay, we ALL know that I will find something darling that I simply can't live without). you are doing so awesome! before you know it, you're going to be embarassing that 16 year old of yours because all of his frends will be completely ga-ga over you! :shock: don't worry about him too much. i'm sure he's just testing the waters (which i did PLENTY of in my day... 10 years later my family still rags me about some of my exploits.. and that's all the information you'll get out of me about THAT!).

Monkeymom - I still haven't gotten brave enough to think about a swimsuit yet. But, since we're getting season passes to Six Flags this summer (which has a water park), I will have to go to that dark place that I haven't been in years. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! It's something that I'm not really looking forward to, but it will be a good challenge for me.

Okay, shoppy time! Everyone to come, congrats on your losses, and if they are weensy, I know they will be big next week!

bk (aka cream pie!)
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby fatBgone » May 8th, 2005, 9:40 am

Hi you bunch of Losers!! :D

It sounds like most of you have had great losses this week....but then there's a few (including me) who've kinda had little ones...but that's still OK!! We knew going into this that there would be stalls and plateaus every once in awhile...we've just got to stay focused and break through it! We can do it!!

I love hearing about those of you that have reached your 1/2 way mark - or surpassed it!! That's got to be a totally awesome accomplishment!! :cleader: I can't wait to join you!! I just felt good when I was 1/3 of the way there!!

I know alot of us will be celebrating Mother's Day this afternoon/evening - so try & stay on plan. It's do-able even at restaurants. We're going out for a late lunch/early dinner and I'm planning on having a chicken caesar salad. :bib:

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all of you Moms out there....oh I got to tell you one more thing....my 15 year old daughter & 3 of her friends went to this place a couple weeks ago where they can make/record a CD and they made all of their moms a CD with songs that were sung to us for Mother's Day. They were hilarious!!! :lol: But, oh sooo sweet - one of those irreplaceable gifts - ya know!!

Well, have a good one....it's storming like crazy here!!
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby bikipatra » May 8th, 2005, 11:08 am

I lost two pounds! Down to 215 :lol: Congrats to all the losers!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Weigh-in

Postby DiamondintheRough » May 8th, 2005, 11:24 am

Hello and Happy Mother's Day!

I am down 3 more pounds to 175. I have now been on the plan for 8 weeks and have lost 24 pounds total.

Jennifer
DiamondintheRough
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Tk » May 8th, 2005, 11:25 am

This is my first week on mf and lost 1/2 lb. I am not real happy with my body right now, but I will take 1/2 lb loss over a 1/2 lb gain. I don't know why my body is revolting against me, but I will keep on fighting this battle.
Tk
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Dean0408 » May 8th, 2005, 11:49 am

Gee Whiz!! This has been one successful week for most everyone it seems.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!!!

A special congratulations to Christi who lost ALL those inches. This is a great way to actually SEE results in actual body shrinkage in addition to the pounds lost.

Christi........That had to be pretty GROSS :shock: taking the measurement to see that you lost 4 inches in your WASTE!!! ewwwwww..

........but hold on.........did you mean WAIST???

hehe :mrgreen:

As for me, maintenance seems to be working. After fluctuations that never exceeding two pounds in the past 10 days, I am exactly on goal weight this morning. So, I am not totally screwing things up as I feared I would.

Dean
Dean0408

Postby dlr2424 » May 8th, 2005, 11:55 am

Dean0408 wrote:Christi........That had to be pretty GROSS :shock: taking the measurement to see that you lost 4 inches in your WASTE!!! ewwwwww..

........but hold on.........did you mean WAIST???

hehe :mrgreen:

............. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: ..wicked funny!!!!!!!!!

donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby dlr2424 » May 8th, 2005, 12:13 pm

............First of all ..........Happy Mothers Day......... :hug: :heart: :rose:
Secondly........CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE LOSERS.............big....small.....stalled....YOU ALL ROCK!!!!...... :yeah:

............to the best team out there:...... :goteam: ......keep on shaking.....

.....I'm pleasantly reporting my everso teensie weensie loss of .8 lbs..... :scratch: ........maybe I need Joyce to repeat the story "The tortoise and the Hare" for me as well.......... :whistle:

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby RavenKat2 » May 8th, 2005, 12:29 pm

Figured I better join in - being Sunday and all. ;)

My first week back and I lost 6.6 pounds.

Unca, I have no idea what my CLUB membership for my second i.d. should be anymore. I think I had it reset when I weighed 200 (or 209 on new scale). Whatever! When I get back to 191 I may may go back to RavenKat and continue counting from there.

Confused yet?! I know I am!

Happy Mammy's Day!

K
RavenKat2
(259)245/207/165

*new id for inspiration*
RavenKat2
Trusted Member

Postby Unca_Tim » May 8th, 2005, 1:02 pm

Im confused, but that's nuthin' new.... :shock:

Whatever you want Kat. Totally up to you...
:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby LilMsTexas » May 8th, 2005, 3:13 pm

Hey Dean..... :nana:

24K.......Happy Belated Birthday :D

Donna we'll both have a bigger loss next week......you just wait and see 8)

To everyone else.......once it gets to this point I'm hard pressed to mention everyone by name. But it was really great to see everyone remaining positive and focused regardless of the loss. There seemed to be more "mediocre" losses than big ones this week (although there were a few) so next Sunday will hopefully be BIG CELEBRATION time for us all!

Oh.......and I went to Cracker Barrell for my mother's day treat and stayed on plan (except half a biscuit). I do and I don't feel bad about it. I actually went in there saying to myself that I was going to allow myself to have anything I wanted today (and that meant mashed potatoes with cream gravy), but when I was there to order I couldn't do it. So yeah I shouldn't have had the half of a biscuit, but it was a victory because I ordered and ate the proper food (and enjoyed every bite of it) :D

Have a great week everybody!!
christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby Spunky » May 8th, 2005, 3:41 pm

Happy Mother's Day to most of you!

This week I have been doing lots of entertaining.:sadblue: Drinks and BBQ, Texas style! :sadblue: I am up 4 pounds. So I am getting right back in there this afternoon.
Next week is going to be a good one!
Happy Trails Y'all......... Spunky

258/238/148healthy
Spunky
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby mylasthope » May 8th, 2005, 5:52 pm

Since i didn't lose anything last Sunday, I couldn't wait until this morning and weighed mid week. So . . . technically I've lost 3 lbs this week . . . but I've already reported that. I'll TRY to wait until next Sunday to weigh.

Christi - That is a great point about the measurments - I'm glad you brought it up and I totally agree with you. My 1st week on MF I lost 6 inches and at the end of week 3 I had lost another 7 for a total of 13. For me, those numbers are almost more encouraging as the number on the scale. After all, our bodies can shift and readjust without it being reflected on the scale.
mylasthope
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 8th, 2005, 5:54 pm

Hey Spunky........man do I ever know EXACTLY what kind of week you've had. I know what Texas Style entertaining is like. I miss it......but then I don't.......right now that is ;) . LAWD what I wouldn't give for some REAL bar-b-que!! Do you know how funny it is to be all over the United States and see "Texas Steakhouse" "Texas Bar-b-que" Texas this and Texas that. It's like the whole freaking world is a Texas wanna be 8) Sometimes I ask the people "Have you ever even BEEN to Texas?" heheheheheh

Now get off the chuckwagon and get back on the program missy. You know it's gonna be BLAZING hot there any minute now and it'll be SHORTS and BATHING SUIT Time!!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby LilMsTexas » May 8th, 2005, 5:56 pm

Great Job Last Hope.......and I'm so glad you are enjoying the benefits of measuring. WOW you had some great INCHES lost there woman 8) I hope more and more we will see other friends doing the same. We could have a forum for INCHES lost and THAT would be INCREDIBLE!!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call