Sunday Morning Roll Call: May 22, 2005

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Sunday Morning Roll Call: May 22, 2005

Postby LilMsTexas » May 22nd, 2005, 2:56 am

Goooooooooooooood Sunday Morning Everybody!!
This has been a bizarre week for me weight wise. Last week I reported 160.2, but by the next day instead of being at my coveted 159 I was actually UP to 161.4 :cry: I wasn't devestated, but disappointed, but KNEW it was just a bit of water and moved on. Then the next day it was the same and the next day and the next day and by Friday I was down right PISSY :twisted: But...low and behold...yesterday and TODAY I am FINALLY 159.4!! Wooohoooo, not much of a big loss this week, but I'm down in the 50's and YIPPPEEEEEE FOR THAT!! So did I lose 1 or 2 this week? Don't know...don't care...just know that I'm down into the next zone and for that I'm thankful :D

I'm on pins and needles because of the appointment with the plastic surgeon tomorrow. It's only been a week since I made the appt. but it's been 2 years since my doctors first began telling me I needed one. But you see I had to have my last baby, and then I had to get my weight off :shock: AND have my diabetes in control :shock: The last two seemed like an impossibility.........until now that is. So here I am...24 hours away from what COULD be a major breakthrough in my life. Wish me luck and I'll be posting of course.

And...on another side note...(boy I'm just full of 'em this morning) Broden is fine now. We still have no idea what caused the high fevers, but the antibiotics are handling it and he has been fever free since Friday night! Cultures are still growing, but all that matters to me is that he is ok.

So....have an awesome week everybody!! I'm looking forward to all you sleepy heads getting up and about this Sunday morning. Hope Donna is having fun in Jamaica.........she's our QUEEN for the week no matter what because she CREATED A GOAL and MADE HER GOAL.......an inspiration to us ALL!!

CHEERS!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby LuzInIt » May 22nd, 2005, 4:20 am

Congratulations Christi - Sometimes the pounds lost aren't that important, are they.... just getting over that line, whatever it might be :? . I had a similar experience last week getting into the 40 pound club. Slightly hitting it and then bouncing back up and all around. Finally got there and then kept going. I'm sure you've said goodbye to the 160's forever :lol: . I didn't get a chance to answer your post about your consultation tomorrow. It sure sounds to me like your surgery is medically necessary. Infections are nothing to fool around with. I had one last year that nearly killed me. Just started as a small cyst on a Friday, then exploded through my body over the weekend, leaving me weak and with a fever. By the time I made it to the doctor on Monday, who sent me directly to the ER, I was in bad shape . I was told if I had been 8 hours later getting into the hospital, I would have been dead :shock: . Then spent a week hospitalized on IV antibiotics. This is not an experience for anyone, especially not a young mom like you with precious little ones at home who need you so much. (I am a diabetic, too and was able to get off insulin almost immediately with my first Medifast shake.) So tomorrow, you will be on my heart and in my prayers. Because not only do you need this surgery, but you deserve to get rid of that hangin' stuff (don't you love/hate it). I pick mine up all the time and fantisize whackin' it off! Sorry to ramble - you just touched my heart so much with your situation and got me off and runnin' here. Well good morning to all - I am down 3.2 this week for a grand total of 42.2 pounds on this, my second month anniversary of shakin'. I will be away all day, but will be checking everyone's progress late tonight when we get home - and wishing you all the best.
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 22nd, 2005, 4:39 am

WOW Linda.........that much in 2 months is sooooooooo FANNNNNNTABULOUS!! :D Congratulations and I KNOW you feel great today!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and prayers about my situation. There are many of us who deal with this physical condition and we ALL realize what a hardship it is. OH.........and isn't it just amazing to be off our meds for the diabetes?? Just unbelievable!! I wish every diabetic who is overweight knew about this program. It's simply life changing!!

CHEERS to a great week!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby want2Bthin » May 22nd, 2005, 5:33 am

Hey Christi- Great job! Under 160 is awesome! :mrgreen:

LuzInIt- 3.2! Great week!

I am down 2.5 this week which makes my total loss 33 pounds! :lol:

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Almost

Postby eddieHoustonTX » May 22nd, 2005, 6:14 am

Good morning everyone! Well my official weigh-in for 14 days without cheating on MF is 303! YIPEEEEEEEEEEE! I am almost under 300!

Christi~I like your attitude! You didn't lose it, you don't care! WAY TO GO! :nana:

Angelia~ 2.5..way to go baby!!! :yay:

Donica~ Congrats on your successes! :yes:

I hope that every loser on this forum has a great Sunday!! Here's the skinny dance!!! Thanks!!! :dance:
Last edited by eddieHoustonTX on May 22nd, 2005, 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edward Flinn
Houston, Texas USA
[/url]
eddieHoustonTX
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 22nd, 2005, 6:21 am

Sometimes my laptop makes me so mad. :x .........I just want to whack it :hammer: .............I just typed my whole post and then it clicked and did something weird and everything was gone and now I have to retype it all.

Christi~ I know it must feel great to be under 160. Congratulations :cleader: And I will be praying for you tomorrow.

Linda~3.5# lost is awesome. You go girl. :kool:

Angelia~2.5# is superb. You are doing great. :cheerleader:

Eddie~sounds like you have got things under control, WEIGH TO GO! :thumbsup:

Well, I am down 2# for the week for a total of 25# gone for ever. Look out 30# club here I come. :drive:

I am off to church now, I need to go after what I just said to my computer. ;)

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Spunky » May 22nd, 2005, 6:27 am

Congratulations to all of you winners!

want2Bthin~ 2.5 pounds this week is awesome! :thumbup:
eddie~ What a wonderful 2 weeks you have had! Way-to-go! :thumbup:
LilMsTexas~ Under 160 is fabulous! Keep up the good work.:thumbup:
LuzInIt~ 3.2 pounds is amazing! You go girl! :thumbup:
Donica~ 2 pounds is great! Look out 30# club! :thumbup:

As for me~ I am down 4 pounds. Look out Spunky's back! :redprowl:
Happy Trails Y'all......... Spunky

258/238/148healthy
Spunky
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby KeleeGrl » May 22nd, 2005, 6:50 am

Good Morning!

Christi - under 160...way to go and good luck tomorrow, we'll be thinking about you.

Way to go!....
Linda down 3.5
Angelia 2.5
Eddie - Woohoo
Donica - you'll be at 30# down before you know it
Spunky 4#

You guys did great. Well even with TOM visiting this past week I am down 3#, so I'm happy with that...good ole water. Plus that gets me out of the 200's...yeah!
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby babiette » May 22nd, 2005, 6:50 am

Christi, congrats on making in to the 50s! I didn't realize you were off your meds too!! I've been off of them for 6 weeks too.Image
All the best for your doctor visit tomorrow.

Luz, over 42# in 2 months is fantastic!

Angelia, Eddie, Donica, Spunky, and Kelli congratulations on your losses this week.

We've had a crazy few weeks in our household. DH & I are heavily into community theatre -we have an amazing group here. They've won all kind of awards. We opened 42nd Street last weekend (DH has the lead), so things around here have been totally nutso! I've been really hungry this week (TOM) for the first time in 3 months, so I was a bit worried about my weigh in today.
BUT...
After months of only losing 1# a week, I'm down 3 1/2 pounds!!!!!!!!

You know that snoopy happy dance? That's what I'm doing.

Nancy, thanks for your encouragement and emails. Sorry I haven't responded, but they did help.

PS: I made the 20# club too!! :yes:
Last edited by babiette on May 22nd, 2005, 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
babiette
Regular Member - #20 Club

still sick, checking in anyway!

Postby Seaside » May 22nd, 2005, 6:51 am

What a cheery way to start Sunday, reading all the great posts from everyone. Best wishes esp. to LilMsTexas, good luck with the doctor!

The scale has me up one pound this week :( but I have been seesawing up and down this week -- see what happens next week!

Have a good weekend!
Seaside
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby armeewyf » May 22nd, 2005, 7:15 am

Hello all you losers! Good morning!

I am not weighing today as I was naughty yesterday. The first time I have cheated since being on the program. I won't bother you with the details but it was one of those stressed out, tiresome and hot days and I just gave in to the temptation. What a bad girl I feel like today.

Back on the MF track today with a lesson laerned. Don't think you can eat the same way you did before MF. My stomach was absolutely miserable all day after cheating at lunch.

Hoping I did not do too much damage...still wanting to get to the 30 lb goal by June 3. I have 6.5 more to go. Going to try to get some full fasts in occasionally.

Thanks for reading and sharing in my vent!

Lee Ann
armeewyf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Down 3.5

Postby Kimmy » May 22nd, 2005, 7:42 am

Hello everyone,
I have hit my halfway mark. I have lost 20.5 pounds. I had a 3.5 pound loss this week.
Kim
Kimmy
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » May 22nd, 2005, 8:13 am

People, you are doing great!!! :yes:

Just great!

I heard my computer chime very early this morning and it was YOU, LilMsTexas!

I was trying to get a few :snooze: snores in and you were already up, weighing, checking on Broden, :puter: posting and thinking about that belly flapage ya temporarily got there…

Don’tcha :x hate it Folks when a lousy pound or two will not easily be :runner: chased away and it bugs you so much – it runs up the scale, lingers there for a few days, takes a slight dip, stays there hovering over the IMPORTANT ZONE and then finally, the other pounds kick it off and you are safely on your :redprowl: way to losing flabber again!

Happens to me all the time, too.

It can’t stay forever when you are doing the right things – this is where you must exercise faith in the program. It works. It cannot fail. Just do NOT give in and let the cheesecake win!

Some of you are entering new territory – you are at a weight you haven’t seen for over a decade – lemme tell ya, this thinnin’ stuff is exhilarating!

We share your joys. :cheermed:

For those of you who are :redhead: struggling: you must not give up. Go for a redo.

Get it together and get your :cheers: shake thang on – go for the complete meal replacement program for a 10 day stretch, switch to the 5 and 1 when you are in the fat burning state and in the Medigroove.

You CAN do it, if you WILL do it.

Life is too awesome to be shoving high fat/hi calorie/hi cost grub down the tube to skank up your heart, wreak havoc with your glucose levels, and plaque out your arteries – no body can get the job done but you. We want you to :bib: taste the sweet success of slenderness, too.

You do not all have to skinny, you do not have to have a 30 inch waist but you do need to be healthy.

Live it up and shake it up this week – it’s for your life!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby fatBgone » May 22nd, 2005, 8:17 am

Good Morning Losers!! :wave:

armeewyf - Sorry about your day yesterday, but try not think of yourself as "bad". You're doing a great thing for yourself & all of us have little slips. Important thing is that you're jumping right back on today & be happy about that!! :D

Seaside - don't worry - I'm proof positive that the seesawing will evenutally seesaw at lower numbers!! Just stay on track & it'll happen soon. I was bouncing :boing: around at the same #'s for almost 2 weeks!! It was killing me...but since the same thing happened about a month ago, I was trying not to get discouraged and to just have faith in the plan, because I know it works.

babiette - WEIGH TO GO!!! 3.5 pounds is a great loss - and better yet, you've joined us in the 20# club!!! :stroll: I'm happy for ya!!

KeleeGrl - Oh my gosh!!! Getting out of the 200's is the BEST!!!! :cleader: I was SOOO excited when I was at 199.5 - only 1/2 pound under, but just thrilled with not seeing a "2" as the first number!! 3 pounds down for one week is great!!!

Spunky (like your name) - Totally awesome - 4 pounds of flabbage gone forever!! :exercise:

Donica - I know what you mean about the pain the $!? it is to re-type your whole post. :puter: That's happened to me a couple of times too, but I'm sure it takes you longer because your posts are always decorated so well. I :heart: reading them! I'm glad you lost 2.5 pounds this week - it won't be long until you reach that 30# club, which is where I'm heading too!! :redprowl:

Chef Eddie :flip: - Good for you!!! I knew you would be successful at this. You are so motivated. 20 pounds is AWESOME for only 14 days!!

Angelia - 2.5 pounds - GREAT!!! 33 total is even BETTER!!! :yes: Yeah for you!!

LuzInIt - You are doing fantastic!! We've been on Medifast for about the same amount of time, but your flab is flingin alot faster than mine! I'm jealous!! (but - not in a bad way...hehe!! I'm HAPPY for you!) :hug:

And Christi - you are truly an EARLYBIRD!!! :wavie: I knew you would have the first post of the morning, but 4:26 am is just SUPER early!! That's just a couple hours after I went to bed!! :snooze: hehe....can you tell I'm a nightowl?? Anyway, I'm THRILLED for you getting under 160. I'm glad Broden is all better too....my baby (he's 4 years old) was running a fever last night, and I thought of your disasterous Dr. appt again. I think he is coming down with an ear infection though, which will be simple to diagnose and fix. I'll be keeping an eye on him today and make an appt for him tomorrow.

Ok, and for me...Well, my"stall" finally broke free!! :brickwall: Yeah!! Today, I'm at 185.6, but once this week I even say 184.5. I was so excited that morning because I HAD made it to the 30# club and was going to post it, but I thought I should wait until today. Glad I did, otherwise I would have had to show a gain for Sunday Roll Call. It just kinda fluctuates every day and I can accept that, but at least now I'm fluctuating between 184 - 185 instead of the 187-188 range, so I'm thrilled!! Now, I really was hoping for that 30# club, but I am pretty sure I will get there by next Sunday!!! :stroll:

Oh, if anyone posted a new message while I was typing this one, then that's the only reason why I didn't say anything to you too. It took me a long time to type this because I was trying to make my post all cutesy like Donica's & Christi's & Donna's & all you other emoticons fans (I know you're having WEIGH too much fun for us right now....but I bet you're also going through some sort of forum withdrawals...hehe!! :dohdoh: We miss you too though!! I hope you're having the time of your life!!)
Lisa
fatBgone

Postby 24KaratGold » May 22nd, 2005, 8:17 am

Morning all.

This is my second week five, and just like last time weeks 4 and 5 there hasn't been much movement. I am down 1.5 today, to 210.5, after down nothing last week, and I'll take it. I broke my own rule of weighing too often this week, and on Friday I was at 210 and thrilled with it, but this morning I'm fluctuating it seems. I was really hoping to make it into the 60 pound club this week, but I guess that will just have to wait 'til next week. I do hope that, like last time, my weight loss will pick up a bit again now.

Christi, we are all here holding our breaths and rooting for you for tomorrow! You are our trailblazer here; I'm sure many of us have wondered about having the surgery when we reach goal, so we'll all be following your experience closely.

Eddie, 20 pounds in two weeks? Congratulations!

And congrats to the rest of you losers out there. Here's to another successful week -- have a good one.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Next

Return to Roll Call