Sunday Morning Roll Call, May 8, 2005

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Postby mylasthope » May 8th, 2005, 6:00 pm

The "inches lost" forum is a GREAT idea! :thumbup: Perhaps monthly?
mylasthope
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 8th, 2005, 6:08 pm

yeap.........once we have several of us that are measuring we can pick a day of the month like the 1st Monday (instead of Sunday because of Roll Call and all that). I'll start a thread on the weight loss forum and see if we can get an idea of who all wants to join us for that.

So far it's me and you ;)
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » May 8th, 2005, 6:16 pm

Good idea ladies,
That "could" go into the roll call forum on a once monthly basis. It won't get lost in the tread quite so fast there since there's only 4 other threads per/month.

You'll have to make sure you use the same standard for measuring.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby LilMsTexas » May 8th, 2005, 6:19 pm

Thanks for supporting our idea Unca. I wrote a long post explaining the idea and we'll see now how many people jump on board. I truly believe this would be a major added benefit to our forum. For us and all the world to see how truly different our bodies are becoming. And I believe you are right that putting it in the ROLL CALL forum would be best and there's no need to do it more than once a month. We'll just have to pick our standard. Thanks again and I'll come to you for permanent instructions if this is a go.

Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby Unca_Tim » May 8th, 2005, 6:24 pm

One standard we could use, is what I used in the "MMT Daily Journal".

It's called the "WATCH" system, which measures the
Waist - Arms - Thighs - Calves - and Hips.

This did cause a bit of controversy earlier, because it left out the Chest.

Up to you guys....
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby LilMsTexas » May 8th, 2005, 6:31 pm

I would rather substitute the CHEST for the Calves myself. Simply because that is such a major area for both women AND men. I know I have BACK FAT that I'm pretty danged excited to see leave. Not to mention we change bra sizes and men lose the BOOBS (if I'm allowed to say that) hehe
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby Unca_Tim » May 8th, 2005, 6:45 pm

We'll let others chime in here and see what we come up with.

My bet is, boobs are in.
(If we can say that?....:))
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby fatBgone » May 8th, 2005, 6:57 pm

Why don't you just make the "C" in WATCH for chest instead of calves...who cares how much we lose in our calves?? I've got little calves to start with, which doesn't really make sense because I'm fat everywhere else...hehe!

I think we're all just mainly worried about the main 3 - waist, hips, & chest....oh and maybe thighs too - so I guess it's 4!
Lisa
fatBgone

Postby fatBgone » May 8th, 2005, 6:58 pm

Oops...I see Chrisi already had the same idea! I guess I didn't read far enough before I posted....well - what can I say? GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!!
Lisa
fatBgone

Postby Unca_Tim » May 8th, 2005, 7:01 pm

Sounds like a keeper Lisa,
Waist Arms Thighs Chest Hips
Let see what everyone else has to say...

Saves measuring two Calves too.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby bikipatra » May 8th, 2005, 7:44 pm

Christi I was just reading back a page and saw how you mentioned Texas barbeque! I WISH someone could make decent Texas barbeque around here...not that I could eat it now...but for later. I am so tired of the North Carolina style barbeque they rave about and serve in DC! It is in sweet and sour sauce and BRIGHT ORANGE! Not what I call barbeque...at least I am not tempted :twisted: !
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby dlr2424 » May 8th, 2005, 8:57 pm

..... :hmmm: ....When's the last time someone has said to you...... :shock: ...."WOW...you have really lost weight in your CALVES"...... :yay: ..... :roflmao: ..NOT...........so my vote would be Chest
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » May 8th, 2005, 10:36 pm

Definitley Chest!!
I am amazed at the difference in bra size that I wear now from when I started!
Most of that difference was losing that lovely back boobage :lol:
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady

Postby LuzInIt » May 9th, 2005, 5:43 am

Good Monday Morning and a Belated Happy Mother's Day to all. Last week I bought a new scale from TSFL that was advertised on sale here, so I can now join the Sunday roll call. I've been using the scale at work, which meant waiting till Monday before I could weigh. I have had two great weeks in a row (after my 5th week on plan being a big fat 0 loss). Week six I dropped 8, and this week dropped another 6. I was doing full fast until this past week which was an unusual week of dining out for me (nearly every day). I stuck to lean/green meals. That is, except for Mother's Day out to a fancy buffet, and a big ole slip (my first) with a cup of cream of shrimp and crab soup :shock: (Rather than kickin' myself in the booty, I remembered last year I probably had three bowls full!) And then came home and finished out the day with my delicious shakes and oatmeal! Maybe Medifast could come up with a seafood chowder for us fish lovers out here. Any way, after starting at 328 I am down to 292 and racing toward goal :D . See you all at the finish line ;) .
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt

Postby Dean0408 » May 9th, 2005, 7:33 am

Calf measurement is usually pretty standard when it comes to measuring inches lost. Someone mentioned neck measurements earlier. This measurement is usually taken when you are body building and are trying to INCREASE your neck size.

Another important meaurement, especially for women is the upper arm. Ladies try to get rid of the "flaps" that sometimes fling around during the act of waving to someone. (I think I once saw an audience member on Oprah get smacked in the face by the arm hangage of the woman sitting next to her waving at the camera)

At any rate, CURVES is in the business of losing inches. Many ladies belong to CURVES. Why not use the standard CURVES measurements? It will give you more places to "lose" inches, thereby making your total inches lost even MORE impressive.

Just a thought.....

Dean
Dean0408

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call