It is currently May 19th, 2024, 12:25 am

News News of The Gymnasium

Site map of The Gymnasium » Forum : The Gymnasium

Fitness and Exercise

aerobic striptease

hey i dunno if anyone has mentioned this, but it is pretty fun to do and makes you feel sexy. i love dancing in general (and no im not trying to be a stripper when i lose weight lol) but check it out. <snip>no urls please - Mr. Snippy</snip> i have the whole set lol
Read more : aerobic striptease | Views : 553 | Replies : 9

Yoga DVD

Speaking of Yoga.. on the previous posts.. does anyone have a recommendation on a Yoga DVD for beginners?
Read more : Yoga DVD | Views : 612 | Replies : 8

Exercise Advice

Hi all!

Tomorrow marks 3 weeks for me on the program and I want to start incorporating some more exercise. I could use some guidance.

First of all, a little background:

I currently go to a 2 hour Tai Chi class every Tuesday. I did not stop this when I started the program because I absolutely adore the class. Tai Chi is slow and low impact, but move and balance for 2 hours and you ...
Read more : Exercise Advice | Views : 517 | Replies : 6

Started Back at Curves

Per Nancy and the Medifast Guide, I took it easy. Our local Curves has all of these "extra" workout stations, so you only need to go around 2x in order to complete your 30 min. workout. So I just went around once. Felt okay. not tired at all. Even stretched afterwards...something I hated to do in the past. I think it may have to do with the fact that we now have this stretching apparatus ...
Read more : Started Back at Curves | Views : 651 | Replies : 4

Must I exercise

Hi everyone :)
Do I need to exercise right now? I've been on the program 2 weeks now, but I don't want to exercise until I get most of my weight off. I was planning on walking maybe 20 minutes 2 - 3 times a week around the parking lot of my office, it's pretty big.
But for strengthing and cardio, no thanks... ...
Read more : Must I exercise | Views : 779 | Replies : 2

exercise and extra MF?

Hi everyone!

So, tomorrow's the day when I start my exercise regime:
Mon-45min treadmill (low intensity)
Tues-25min treadmill, 20min lt weights
Wed-off
Thurs-25min treadmill, 20 min weights
Fri-45min treadmill
Sat-45min treadmill
Sun-off

Now, I am used to exercising, and everything will be low intens. and lt weights. I'm completing week 3 tonight. I feel supercharged to do this, but not overdo. Here's my question: If the exercising makes me hungry, should I drink another MF ...
Read more : exercise and extra MF? | Views : 717 | Replies : 1

cream cheese...wait a second

Hi,
This is in response to my statement about 1 tbs of fat free creamcheese...
Please go to Frequently Asked Questions. Then click on General FAQ from Medifast website (updated 5/11/04). If you scroll down about 3/4 of the way, there is a section added 5/11/04 from Nancy about Free Foods. Fat free cream cheese is listed; but what I can't tell is if it's in reg. plan or maintenance. Either way, per 2 tbs ...
Read more : cream cheese...wait a second | Views : 763 | Replies : 3

Ready to start exercising

This Sunday marks four weeks on MF and I'm ready to start back, slowly, on the treadmill and elliptical machine. I'm sure that most of us that have done the yo-yo of fitness and overweight have a pretty good selection on rarely, if ever, used gym equipment. I have a pretty nice setup and nows the time to slowly build a routine. I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes.
Read more : Ready to start exercising | Views : 607 | Replies : 2

gotta get going

OK, so I'm revving up to get my motor running next week. Gonna start exercising again. This is what's gonna be my schedule. I'm used to treadmill walking and the bowflex machine.
Mon-45 min low intensity treadmill (3.2-3.5 mph at .5 incline)
Tues-25 min lo-inten treadmill and 20 min lt weights
Wed-off
Thurs- 25 min treadmill and 20 min weights (same as Tues)
Fri-45 min lo-inten treadmill
Sat-45 min treadmill

This week I did 30 ...
Read more : gotta get going | Views : 472 | Replies : 5

gotta get going

OK, so I'm revving up to get my motor running next week. Gonna start exercising again. This is what's gonna be my schedule. I'm used to treadmill walking and the bowflex machine.
Mon-45 min low intensity treadmill (3.2-3.5 mph at .5 incline)
Tues-25 min lo-inten treadmill and 20 min lt weights
Wed-off
Thurs- 25 min treadmill and 20 min weights (same as Tues)
Fri-45 min lo-inten treadmill
Sat-45 min treadmill

This week I did 30 ...
Read more : gotta get going | Views : 381 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 167231 • Total topics 12185 • Total members 2286