Must I exercise

Fitness and Exercise

Must I exercise

Postby Blondie » February 3rd, 2006, 12:37 pm

Hi everyone :)
Do I need to exercise right now? I've been on the program 2 weeks now, but I don't want to exercise until I get most of my weight off. I was planning on walking maybe 20 minutes 2 - 3 times a week around the parking lot of my office, it's pretty big.
But for strengthing and cardio, no thanks... :?
Will I still lose weight on this program just as fast without exercise?? :?:

Thanks,
Blondie :wave:
Blondie

Postby sidrah » February 4th, 2006, 9:51 pm

Hi Blondie,
According to the book, if you were not exercising before you began, you should give it a little while, a few weeks or so for your body to get used to changes. That means, don't do it right away :bounce:

Those who were exercising already should lighten it a little for the same reason. I think walking would be great for you and not a problem at all. You can add in another shake or meal replacement in the beginning to ward off hunger and help with added exercise.

Good luck and eat away (every few hours that is) :eat:!

Yes, you will lose weight without the exercise right now, but soon you will probably want to do it cause you'll feel SO GOOOOOD !
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » February 5th, 2006, 10:10 pm

It's pretty individual. Nancy didn't exercise till she'd lost the weight. I used to exercise before Medifast, but now it stops my weight loss (pounds AND inches) every time I try to restart (even if I add an extra shake a day). According to Jan, I'm not the only one to react that way.

I plan to start in earnest, though, as soon as I get close to maintenance. Studies have shown it's a huge factor in whether people are successful at keeping the weight off.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Gymnasium