how about exercise?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

how about exercise?

Postby deecee » August 30th, 2005, 10:06 pm

i've completed my third week. i want to resume my walking and martial arts. ( nothing too strenuous). can anyone tell me if their wt loss increased or slowed when the exercising started ?
[[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
deecee
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Exercise

Postby Jan » August 31st, 2005, 11:22 am

Hi Dee,
TAke it slow and you should be fine. You've been on program for 3 weeks now so your body has adjusted. You are ready. 45 min or so please. I see you are busy chasing Kim's weight loss. That's great!! A little competition never hurts :D I'll let the others tell you what effect the exercise had on their weight loss -- but my personal opinion is if you limit it to about 45 min and don't work too hard your weight will keep on coming off!! Exercise -- mild -- is great at this point!!
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Slimsoon » August 31st, 2005, 11:32 am

I was exercising( a few weeks ) before Medifast . I do about 45-60 min of treadmill or step aerobics a day . I also strength train about 3 times a week .
but if time is limited I may only do 20 min on treadmill . I would follow the guide lines in the book . I am not trying not to excede them too much . The weight is coming off and I see more definition in my body.
Slimsoon

thanks

Postby deecee » August 31st, 2005, 2:19 pm

thanks for the replies. i hardly have 30 min to work ouy anyway. martial arts is an hour, but it's not a constand workout. i'll keep everyone posted.
dee
[[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
deecee
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » August 31st, 2005, 9:23 pm

I think you will be fine. When I started MF I had been exercising regularly for a year. So I didn't want to stop completely. I workout at Curves 3x a week, and didn't want to stop my groove. But I did slow my workout down and bit and that seemed to help. I was afraid to STOP completely and since I had been doing it for a while, I followed the advice to just take it easy. Since you are past the first 3 weeks I think you can resume your activities and just see how things go. Since I never STOPPED completely or restarted I'm not sure how it affected my losing. I might have lost more if I had stopped exercising all together but it was more than physical for me, it was mentally staying with it.

Good luck and let us know how things go!
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to The Weight Room