Ready to start exercising

Fitness and Exercise

Ready to start exercising

Postby ktrout » January 27th, 2006, 5:24 am

This Sunday marks four weeks on MF and I'm ready to start back, slowly, on the treadmill and elliptical machine. I'm sure that most of us that have done the yo-yo of fitness and overweight have a pretty good selection on rarely, if ever, used gym equipment. I have a pretty nice setup and nows the time to slowly build a routine. I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes.
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Trixie » January 27th, 2006, 6:28 am

Ktrout, I just started back this week too after finishing week four. I went to Curves on Wednesday. Before starting MF I could go around the ciruit very easily, but Wednesday I was huffing and puffing. My muscles really told the tale yesterday morning too. So take it easy and let us know how it's working out for you.

Trixie
2007 Start Date: 01/02/2007
Trixie
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Lauren » January 27th, 2006, 7:27 am

Good for you, KTrout! Definitely agree with Trixie on this, you have to listen to your body during exercise. Through thick and thin I have exercised, and always especially enjoyed weight-lifting (I'm pretty strong, so it was good for my ego, as opposed to cardio which is always so much more difficult!). Anyway, my strength in weight lifting has diminished tremendously. It's not that I get more tired (which I do), it's that I literally can not lift/push/press the same amount of weight at all - it's kind of wild!

With cardio, especially the elliptical (which is my favorite!), be careful to listen to your muscles. Drink a ton of water before, during, and after, and have MF before and after as well. Not only will you have to listen to your body to determine thirst and hunger, but you have to be more on alert for injury, as the low calories and state of dehydration make us more vulnerable. I got a partial tear in my calf muscle from one workout - an injury that probably happened because I pushed too hard...

Remember, if you are taking in 800-1000 calories a day, you don't need an extreme workout. You just need to begin getting fit, walking more, becoming more active, making your heart strong, and getting your body ready for a healthy and fit life!

Best of luck, and have fun - it's invigorating!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Return to The Gymnasium