Susie Q

1 Thread per registered User.

Susie Q

Postby Susie Q » January 18th, 2009, 7:56 pm

I just completed Week 1 but this isn't my first ride. I did MF previously and did it well! I got close to goal, life happened and I didn't take the time to transition. I, thankfully, didn't put 100% of the weight back on but I did put some back on. So, I'm back on plan to REACH GOAL this year!! I'll admit, it took me a few months to get back on plan and to make it past day one - LOL - but now I have a week behind me and I'm feeling great again!

Man, I forgot how good I feel when I drink more water, eat healthy and have ketosis energy! The bars are my FAVORITE (of course) and I'm so thrilled that I can have 5 a day now! I travel for my job and this makes it soooooooooo easy to stay on plan!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Susie :heart:
Last edited by Susie Q on January 21st, 2010, 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Susie Q » January 20th, 2009, 7:12 am

Let’s see, today begins Day 9 / Take 2 :) - - well, actually, its more like take 100 since it took me so many months to have a successful day 1 :lol: .

But anyway….It seems that 9 days in I have been able to fall into a rhythm again and that’s awesome for me!!! I am such a control freak (who knew?!?) that the set pace of the plan fits right it - - I know what to expect, I know what to eat and it’s truly a no brainer!!

I was lurking on the main Medifast boards yesterday and saw questions about the New Life Diet (I think that’s what it was called). I went to the website to check it out and found myself reading about the plan, their claims and how they compare themselves to Medifast….then it hit me and I was asking myself ‘WHATTTT ARE YOU DOING?!?’!!!!! I know Medifast works and it’s the only plan I’ve ever been on that ever worked for me – and, hellooooo, it works FAST. :roll: It killed about half an hour of my time too – LOL

Anyway, things are progressing as planned. I’m heading out of town for the rest of the week on business and I’m packing my bars! Man I love those things and I love how easy they are to take along!! When I did MF previously I would pack RTD’s so I didn’t have to ‘shake’ in an unfamiliar office. I’m really thankful for the lower cal/carb bars!! Yummm-o! Most days I have 5 of them - :roflmao: I’m such a creature of habit I won’t get bored with them but it feels silly sometimes to only eat them :lol:

I’m itching to start working out and do something with all of this excess energy. I’m out of town next week too so I am going to start on 2/2. That’s after 3 completed weeks on plan so I should be good to go!

I better get back to work :D

Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby nickieluv » January 20th, 2009, 8:10 am

Welcome! 9 days is great, and the rhythm of MF is finally with you by then, like you said! Day 1 myself here, for the umpteenth time and hopefully the last (this go 'round anyway). And hey, if you can get our OvaryChick buddy to come back then you are OK in my book. :lol:

Love the bars myself - it was a great thing that they came out with the new ones. I'd have them five times a day, too, if I had them here. Gotta use up the other stuff first, though. Stinks because I think I'd have a better time staying on with the bars - I'm so lazy I can't even stand to shake or nuke most of the time. :oops:

Hope you have a great day and get back to work! :D
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Susie Q » January 20th, 2009, 4:45 pm

Hi, Nicki & Leigh, thanks for dropping by. Is it always so quiet around here? I'm not used to quiet message boards - LOL. I tend to talk a lot - :lol:.

Nicki - oh man can I relate! Most of the time I am too lazy to shake or nuke too!! I love them bars! I'm hooked on the cream of chicken soup too but normally only late in the day. I have a bunch of RTD's but I go through phases where I only eat one or two things. My L&G is pretty bland and boring!!! I could really use some help with simple ideas for it! I wonder what everyone else does? I'm usually having sliced chicken on salad greens - - fast but boring!

Well, I'm off to finish the laundry and pack for my trip. I'll BBT.

P.S. I do hope to get that Aries chick to join in the fun!
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby Susie Q » January 21st, 2009, 6:45 am

Thanks, Leigh!! I'm going to try that fish once I'm back in town for a few weeks. I'm leaving shortly for the airport and then leave again next Wed :( ! I won't be too domesticated over the next few weeks - LOL!!

Oh - I did stop into the LC section of the forum....I have to admit though it was making me hungry reading about all of that food! And, its not organized so it wasn't easy to find what I specifically wanted so I gave up. Also, it was hard to tell if people were pushing the compliance line so I figured I'd ask here :) (I'm lazy and anal - lol ;) )

Today begins day 10 and I'm feeling awesome! I'm down 10.8 pounds - right on!!! I'm looking forward to returning from my trip to see how much more I am down next time I can step onto my scale! I know the big loss I had week one (-8.6) was largly due to 'water weight' but I truly feel that 10 days in I am no longer shedding water weight but actually getting rid of the fat. I can see changes in my body already too - which is encouraging! I think the last time I did MF I lost 15 the first month -- I could do better than that this time if I keep this up - - yipppee! Maybe its those infusers - hee hee I LOVE those things!!

I've fallen in love with the Peanut Butter bars and today I was watching all of the PB recalls and wondering if my favorite bars are safe to eat :( Wouldn't it stink to get a bad batch of them :( ???

OK, I gotta get moving as I still have to shower, pack and hit the road. I'll check in tonight when I am bored in my hotel.....at least I don't have to worry about non MF foods calling my name from the fridge for a few days :)

Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby nickieluv » January 21st, 2009, 7:37 am

Have a good compliant trip! Espcially if you're eating out a lot for business, it will be a good challenge for you. Do well!

As for workouts as you mentioned in my journal - right now hubby and I are doing Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred DVD. Three different workouts, switching every ten days. Although I only did the first workout 9 times, and my husband only did it 7 times (he did treadmill a couple of days instead).

I'm definitely not a morning person either, which is why I try to go back to bed afterwards. But my husband leaves for work at 6am, and the only other time I was successful exercising was when we did it together. There's no way we're going to do it after the girls go to bed, because we'll come up with lots of excuses. So we get up early and get it over with. I'm not sure what will happen when I'm working again, though. I could still get up with him but I'd be up for the day, and unless I go to bed at 8pm every day I'll be exhausted. I need a lot of sleep and I'm only getting away with it now because I can sleep in a little and then catch catnaps when the girls nap in the afternoon. But anyway, I don't have to worry about that until September.

You'll be exercising in a couple of weeks, too - I don't recommend starting with Jillian if you're at all out of shape. She's ridiculous. But we used it because we're going to Florida and we wanted something hardcore to whip us into better shape for all that walking and stuff. Afterwards we'll probably do alternating days of cardio and strength. We have lots of cardio DVDs and my husband knows all these lifting routines by heart.

OK, more than you ever wanted to know. Hope I didn't make you miss your plane. :lol:
nickieluv

Postby Joy » January 22nd, 2009, 4:16 pm

Hello,

I am just introducing myself I am Joy. I am back on MF for two months to try to reach my goal.

I hope you do very well.

regards,
joy
Joy
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Susie Q » January 22nd, 2009, 5:03 pm

nickieluv wrote:OK, more than you ever wanted to know. Hope I didn't make you miss your plane. :lol:

LOL Nickie! That cracked me up! Thanks for the info! I am looking forward to moving more but I'll probably start first with walking. I enjoy running but I'm out of shape so I'll work my way back into running. I love tennis when it gets warmer but I've never really counted it as my work out - - it's just a little extra movement when I play :)

Well, I'm on the road still - - I return home late tomorrow. I'm on plan for the most part. I was stuck in a work meal and the only food options were pasta (yikes!) or a pre-prepared chicken caesar salad. So, I went with the salad out of obligation and I am certain the dressing was high in fat. I'm hoping the carbs weren't too bad?? I searched the net to get a feel for it but who knows! It makes me wonder if I should have the rest of my meals tonight or not. At this time I am too miserable to think about food - - I'm leaning towards skipping my remaining meals (2) and hoping my carbs stay low enough to keep me in ketosis. <sigh> When given the chance to make my OWN food choices, however, I've been compliant :)!

I have work to do so I am going to wrap this up so I can try to catch up on a few journals.

Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby nickieluv » January 22nd, 2009, 7:59 pm

That's a tough call, Susie. I guess I might have had just one more meal, rather than skip both. You don't want to get too hungry and be in trouble tomorrow. One salad won't kill you - getting right back on when you have the control is all you can do. I think you made the best choice you could today. Great job!
nickieluv

Postby Susie Q » January 22nd, 2009, 8:26 pm

Thanks, Nickie! I actually let my body be the guide and I did have one more bar because I got hungry. I tried flushing out that salad with 2 liters of water :) Sadly, I'll probably be up all night going potty :roflmao:
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby nickieluv » January 22nd, 2009, 9:08 pm

But those trips to the bathroom are EXERCISE! :lol:
nickieluv

Postby Susie Q » January 24th, 2009, 8:50 am

Hi, Nicki & Leigh - - thanks for stopping by! I'm back home - - I arrived about midnight last night and boy was it a loooong day!! I'm taking it easy today for a few reasons - first, I'm tired! Second, I awoke with a headache :( <sigh>

I stepped on the scale this morning and saw a .2 pound loss. OK, I'll admit I was a bit sad to only see .2 after being away from the scale for 2 mornings. Then I had to remind myself of the foods I avoided while I was on the road, that salad I had to eat and the fact that yesterday they served fajitas (my FAV!) and I had the chicken and veggies and a bit of salsa only - - but alas, no green with lunch :(. So, all in all a .2 loss is a good thing. Plus, I retain water when I fly for some reason so I might push out a little more by roll call tomorrow :) I know I stayed OP with my water - LOL - I purchased 1 liter bottles and had 4 of them each day I was gone :)

I'm going to go take it easy - my head still hurts.

Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby Joy » January 24th, 2009, 8:32 pm

Susie Q wrote:
I'm going to go take it easy - my head still hurts.

hope your head is feeling better now
Joy
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby katesmom » January 24th, 2009, 9:19 pm

Hi Suzie !
My name is Katesmom and will be here for the long haul !! Looking forward to chatting with you and this is a great place for support. I really want to reach my goal this time and have a 9 year old daughter I am trying to keep up with!! She has so much energy !

Anyway, I too, love MF !! A few years ago I lost 65 pounds and felt GREAT ! I was not at the weight I am at now, and felt much better as soon as the weight started melting off ! It is all worth it and Spring and Summer and not far off !

I read your journal and saw that you travel a lot...Do you like it? I just ordered the new crunch bars and can't wait to have one for each meal !
I usually do the shakes for meals as they are satisfying and easy to prepare...

Have a great weekend ! :)
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom

Postby Susie Q » February 1st, 2009, 8:45 pm

Man, what a LONG two weeks of travel!! I arrived home this morning about 1:00 AM :(. Then I had my WI so, of course, it wasn't perfect but at least it was a loss. I always feel good when I can still lose during a travel week - - even if it was only .8. I also had TOM this week and yeah, I ate Chicago style pizza and other wayyyyyyyyyyyyy off plan stuff Friday night so I suppose I deserved it, LOL. I will say that I am very focused on being on plan in that I knew I would end up eating off plan Friday night but I had a controlled off plan dinner. I could have had way more but I didn't and I jumped right back on plan. So, I feel good about that!

Today I started my work outs. I did 40 minutes on the treadmill tonight and feel especially good about that. I'm aiming for 5 days a week and hope to stick to it. I am out of town ALL of next week so I'm worried about both the work outs and remaining on plan - - plus, I'm really TIRED and just wanna stay home for a while!!!!

Well, I'm off to shower and hit the sack - - I think I stink :)

Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Next

Return to My Journal