Susie Q

1 Thread per registered User.

Re: Susie Q

Postby lifelovinaries » February 1st, 2010, 5:50 pm

Susie Q wrote:Question for you keto-sticks girls - - what color am I supposed to be? I thought I had heard that MF wasn't restricting enough carbs to really measure on those sticks but several of you kept talking about your purple color. I bought some sticks and I'm measuring at moderate -- which is in the middle and I wouldn't call it purple?? I KNOW I have to be in ketosis -- I thought maybe it was my time of day so I tried again this morning but got the same result.....I don't wannt be moderate, I wanna be high!!! :x LOL

I don't exactly know what color the ketostick is supposed to be. By mid week last week, i was in the lower end of "large" range (the one before the last super dark purple). I had never heard anything about being on MF and not showing anything on the stick. I figure if there is any ketosis going on in the body it would measure SOMETHING. However, when i woke up on Saturday, i had moved back to the moderate range (dark rose color?) with really no changes in what i had been eating and i have been that color ever since. So maybe my body was or is processing carbs differently. I really have no idea but i guess anything over the neutral (tan) color is fine. Then again, the week i had the darker color produced a major weight loss...hth

We will see what this week brings. You are doing great, 32 days of compliance? ygg! BTW, i am at 13.4 lbs gone in 28 days so i am not too far behind ya girlie! It's a shame that i use you as my guage lol! :shades: I guess i just can let you be too far ahead of me so, thanks, it just helps me keep my mind on compliance!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby katieb920 » February 1st, 2010, 6:24 pm

Okay here is the thing with keto stix.

Somedays I will be in the pink, and then some days I will be in the dark Purple. This is when I am in the dark purple. When I do not wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. If I drink a lot of water before bed I usually wake up in the middle of the night and go to the bathroom a couple times, and in the morning I am only a light pink but never the beige color. That is my theory.

SUSIE awesome freaking job on 32 days. Keep it up.
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby lifelovinaries » February 1st, 2010, 6:29 pm

ok, now i have read about mf possibly not showing elevated ketone lvls on the ketostick. In comparing the information on different sites, it seems that most do show some color on the stick. I personally seem to be carb sensitive so this could be a possible explanation for my darker color and now the lighter color is just my body adjusting and leveling off. Who the heck knows...presence of ketones or not, as long as the weight comes off, i'm happy!

lifelovinaries

Postby Susie Q » February 1st, 2010, 7:13 pm

OC, you know I love you but you know what I dont like about you?? LOL You eat on plan and then lose friggen 10 pounds and still you're only 2 pounds behind me!! While here I am eating on plan for the most part (think I did have too much red meat on accident one night) and I'm fighting for every ounce......and now you're gonna tell me you're DARK PURPLE TOO??? Oh bite me! LOL I'm the moderate color which is like in the middle / mauve. <sigh> Even first morning urine without getting up in the middle of the night was the same color.....makes me mad :x LOL! Oh well, I suppose as long as the weight keeps coming off, I'll be OK.

Man, I shoulda never bought those stupid sticks! Now, not only do I weigh 10 times a day but I fel compelled to do a pee test that many times a day too!! Sheesh, can anyone say OCD?!?
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Susie Q » February 1st, 2010, 7:16 pm

katieb920 wrote:Okay here is the thing with keto stix.

Somedays I will be in the pink, and then some days I will be in the dark Purple. This is when I am in the dark purple. When I do not wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. If I drink a lot of water before bed I usually wake up in the middle of the night and go to the bathroom a couple times, and in the morning I am only a light pink but never the beige color. That is my theory.

SUSIE awesome freaking job on 32 days. Keep it up.

Hmmmmmmm, wonder what I have to do to pee purple too? LOL
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby oksoonergirl26 » February 1st, 2010, 7:32 pm

If it makes you feel any better at all-I have never been in ketosis, not once. My friend has been in it, but I still lost more weight than she did. I know it was because of the exercising, but even weeks I didn't exercise I would still lose something. It has only been since I started seriously detracting from plan (and still exercising) that the weight loss stalled. If I thought this was all I could lose, I would be happy and go about my merry weigh (hehe) maintaining and eating some carbs without feeling guilty.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby lifelovinaries » February 2nd, 2010, 7:49 pm

oksoonergirl26 wrote:If it makes you feel any better at all-I have never been in ketosis, not once. My friend has been in it, but I still lost more weight than she did.

oksooner, don't tell her about that, we have to get a good laff off of her. Let her wonder how she will get to pee purple! But i'm sure you were in a mild state of ketosis, I don't think it's avoidable on mf. SQ, u were the one who said that you read that mf may not register and oksooner is PROOF! SQ, apparently you didn't read that i am no longer registering purple but it has now moved to mauve, with no change in diet! BTW, i usually don't use "the stick" until i come home from work. I'm gonna have to try the first thing in the morning routine and see if it makes a difference. I will update u tomorrow. lol!

Oh yeah...if you gotta do anything 10 times a day, please do it in this order:
stick, weigh...
stick, weigh...
stick, weigh...

and yes, i will say it OCD!!!!!!!!
:nutz:

lifelovinaries

Postby lifelovinaries » February 5th, 2010, 4:18 pm

where are ya chickadee? i'm struggling here, not with compliance but with my arch nemesis...THE SCALE!!!!! Do you have the scale fairy holed up in a box at your house? I think you thought i was too close to you so you didn't want her to share the wealth of her scale fairy dust!!! Ok, it's working, now SET HER FREE PLEASE! pretty please with a pickle spear on top??? i will even throw in a diet dr. pepper on your off med week :lol:

lifelovinaries

Postby katesmom » February 6th, 2010, 6:13 am

Hi Susie !
I'ts Saturday and I do not have those sticks...Maybe I should get some??
What do ya think?
Is it a way to determine what your weight loss will be on Sunday??

Have a good one !

Pam :)
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Susie Q » February 7th, 2010, 1:01 pm

Just dropping in to say I'm still OP and sticking towards moving to my goal. The scale hasn't had huge losses for me but I am still losing and I still feel on track for where I want to go. Although I was a little down that I didn't have a huge loss this week (-1.4) I still know that I am averaging 3 pounds a week and I know I wont have huge losses everyweek - - and 1.4 pounds is better than nothing!

Today I am thrilled to be back in mymy size 14 dress pants :) I've decided that, unlike other times previously, this time I am going to give away my fat clothes! So as I get smaller, the bigger clothes are going away! That way I'll be forced to maintain cause I wont want to shop for more fat clothes :) I've never done that before so I sm hoping it works!!

Yesterday I moved furniture all around the house and today I am achey and sore! So, its time for a nap -- TTFN :) :heart:
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby lifelovinaries » February 7th, 2010, 6:05 pm

Susie Q wrote:Today I am thrilled to be back in mymy size 14 dress pants :) I've decided that, unlike other times previously, this time I am going to give away my fat clothes! So as I get smaller, the bigger clothes are going away! That way I'll be forced to maintain cause I wont want to shop for more fat clothes :) I've never done that before so I sm hoping it works!!

Yesterday I moved furniture all around the house and today I am achey and sore! So, its time for a nap -- TTFN :) :heart:

congrats on your loss and those size 14's! 1.4 down is great, it beats my +1 ANYDAY :shock:

Now onto getting rid of your fat clothes...it IS a wonderful idea to get rid of them as you shrink outta them. OTOH, YOU not wanting to shop for more clothes? :roflmao: Yeah, sure Miss "Time for a lil retail therapy" Have a great week and a big loss! :D

lifelovinaries

Postby Susie Q » February 8th, 2010, 11:10 am

LOL, OC! Actually, I said I wouldn't want to shop for more FAT CLOTHES! Skinny clothes I'm OK with :) However, I rarely buy clothes as part of my retail therapy. It's more like a new purse - matching wallet - something that sparkles - LOL - - but last weekend I had the best retail therapy EVER! We went shopping any my honey bought me the new bedroom furniture I'd been drooling over :) Happy Valentine's Day to me .....its a shame that it makes the Sade CD he's getting look lame in comparison :) :heart:
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby Susie Q » February 8th, 2010, 11:15 am

And one more thing - - I dunno WTH is wrong with the scale but today I was up 1.4 -- HUH????? No Tom, no nothing, I've been perfectly OP! I had shrimp and cauliflower for my L&G yesterday - I drank tons of water, nothing really different. I was soooooo sore yesterday from moving furniture that I wonder if I am retaining water in my muscles - - who knows. I was quite shocked this morning! I hope to see it gone tomorrow! :x
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby Susie Q » February 8th, 2010, 2:58 pm

Well, all those mid-day strip downs to weigh paid off today! I musta been full of water this morning because the scale is back to where it should have been when I got up!! Now I'm hoping to see it go down more tomorrow morning -- we'll see :)

Well, this week I'm trying to regain focus on my work outs. So I just completed my 30 minutes of cardio for today - I was able to jog for 12 of those minutes so I feel pretty good about that. My goal this week is to see if I can alternate walking 5 minutes and jogging 5 minutes for the 30 minutes I'm on the treadmill. I'm close - - I think I need some more focus, I get bored easily :)

Well, I gotta go shower -- TTFN :heart:
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby lifelovinaries » February 8th, 2010, 4:49 pm

Susie Q wrote:We went shopping any my honey bought me the new bedroom furniture I'd been drooling over :) Happy Valentine's Day to me .....its a shame that it makes the Sade CD he's getting look lame in comparison :) :heart:
All i'm gonna say is HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING!!!! lol! ;) Watch out now, i heard the Sade CD is really nice...

lifelovinaries

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal