Susie Q

1 Thread per registered User.

Re: Susie Q

Postby Susie Q » February 21st, 2010, 8:10 pm

Katie, that sounds awesome!! :-)

Well, I didn't weigh this morning (I was running late) but yesterday I was up about half a pound and I likely was up a little today too. I was pretty much on my feet all weekend and my legs and feet hurt!! Seems that when that happens I retain water so I'm not worried about it. I know its just how my body responds. TOM is soon as well so that can't be helping any. I am still perfectly OP so I know it will drop back off.

I did have an NSV today -- a few weeks back (2, I think) I put on a pair of 14 slacks expecting them not to fit and I could indeed wear them! I was a *little* concerend about them being snug and I asked my guy what he thought and he said they were OK. This morning I put on the same pair and they were soooo lose (shoulda taken those measurements - LOL)! I came downstairs and said 'what do you think of these pants' -- he said 'They're OK, but they look baggy :) :) :) Even he was surprised at how different they fit in only a few weeks!!!

Soooooo, today he started eating dirt with me :)! He occasionally will eat a bar for breakfast or on the go but today he committed to it and he completed his first OP day. I'm hoping he'll stick with it, we'll see :) But boy is it EXPENSIVE to do this for 2 people!!! I looked at the cost of meals for us and even using cases and the 12% discount it was over 800.00 for close to 6 weeks - - yipes!!!!!!!!!!

OK, its past my bed time :) TTFN!

:heart:
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby katieb920 » February 22nd, 2010, 5:30 am

Craigslist or Ebay. :D
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby oksoonergirl26 » February 22nd, 2010, 10:27 am

Thanks for making me smile-this competition thing is hilariously entertaining to read. Sounds like you are in a great place. I am trying to limit the diet soda to one day. I never drank much soda until I started the plan, so the infusers worked for me at first, then I had to try Coke Zero and well, it hooked me big time. I need to get back to coffee and water only. Keep up the good work.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Susie Q » February 24th, 2010, 6:31 am

OK, who is hogging the scale fairy this week?? Huh??? Come clean!!!! She is NOT at my house! In fact, I am right at ticker weight but had been .5-1 pound above it since WI last Friday. Lemme tell ya why that made me a little angry this week......Friday night I made not one but TWO Red Velvet cakes for a family birthday party I was hosting on Saturday! On Saturday I made spaghetti for my entire family -- and the cakes and such! I did not cheat a single bite!!!!!!!! I didnt even do the cake or icing taste test, I had my guy do it for me!! Soooooo, a nice reward for being so perfectly in control and OP would have been to see the scale go DOWN not UP sunday morning! :x :x :x Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :twisted:

I've been having horrid leg cramps this week and haven't slept well AT ALL! Last night I finally choked down 2 pickles -- OMGOSH those things tasted like they were dripping in salt! It was all I could do to get them down!! but I made it through the night without cramps so maybe they helped. I'm going to try and choke more down before bed tonight as well.

My infusers arrived a few days ago and I am again loving them!!! :water: They really help me make it through the day when my tongue and mouth want to taste something besides another plain ole bottle of water. I do try to grab 2 bottles when I have an infuser though --- One bottle with the infuser and one without :)

OK, that's really it for me for today. WI is in 2 days and thus far I've lost nthing this week......Oh well, I can rejoice knowing I am on plan and the fats gotta come off some time if I stay OP!! Right?!?!?

TTFN! :heart:
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby Tawanda » February 24th, 2010, 12:38 pm

The scale fairy is still not hanging around here.....hopefully she'll appear soon. ;)
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Postby lifelovinaries » February 24th, 2010, 4:14 pm

She was here this morning but normally doesn't stay too long. I tried to catch her and put her in a shoe box but she disappeared. She may be hiding here (i hope so!) but i won't know until tomorrow morning :D

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Susie Q » February 24th, 2010, 4:41 pm

I'm *REALLY* tempted to stop weighing and just go by my clothes because it just angers me too much :x ! LOL and it really is S-I-L-L-Y! I mean, what is it I want, a number on the scale or smaller clothes?? Uhmm, smaller clothes, OF COURSE!!!

Wonder if I can convince myself to stay OFF the scale......hmmmmmmmmmmm .................. :exercise:
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby katieb920 » February 24th, 2010, 6:13 pm

Just remember you are always going to have little gains. But you no better, you know that it is just temporary. Yesterday I was up 2lbs and today i am down 3lbs. You are rocking it girl...........
Katie
katieb920

Postby Susie Q » February 25th, 2010, 7:28 am

Susie Q wrote:
Wonder if I can convince myself to stay OFF the scale......hmmmmmmmmmmm .................. :exercise:

OBVIOUSLY the lack of fat in my diet caused me to be LOOPY when I last posted!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I dunno what I was thinking but that's not gonna work for me, LOL. I need immediate feedback -- even if it sucks :)

So, yeah, that scale fairy chick was here this morning for the first time since last Friday --- since LAST FRIDAY -- and she only took away .2....helloooooooooo WTH is up with that??!!?? Man, I wanted to scream :tongue:

So tomorrow is my weekly WI and I'm pretty much sure its gonna stink.....what's going on with my body??? Why can't it just let go of the fat we dont need? <sigh> :x :x grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :twisted:

OK, here's my positive spin: It wasn't a gain :roll: .

Yeah, I have a bad attitude.....get over it - LOL
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby Joy » February 25th, 2010, 11:38 am

WISHING YOU A GOOD DAY!
joy
Joy
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » February 25th, 2010, 3:51 pm

Susie Q wrote:I'm *REALLY* tempted to stop weighing and just go by my clothes because it just angers me too much :x ! LOL and it really is S-I-L-L-Y! I mean, what is it I want, a number on the scale or smaller clothes?? Uhmm, smaller clothes, OF COURSE!!!

Funny, i was JUST thinking this same thing this morning. What did i tell ya in my post above about that lil scale fairy? Well the scale fairy giveth (a weight loss) and the scale fairy taketh away (that SAME weight loss)! :x It's really getting on my nerves. I think now i am weighing out of habit. I'm going to try to cut down to weighing maybe 3 days of the week. My clothes are fitting better so hopefully i can focus on that instead of a scale number.

lifelovinaries

Postby lifelovinaries » February 25th, 2010, 3:57 pm

Susie Q wrote:
Susie Q wrote:

OBVIOUSLY the lack of fat in my diet caused me to be LOOPY when I last posted!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I dunno what I was thinking but that's not gonna work for me, LOL. I need immediate feedback -- even if it sucks :)

So, yeah, that scale fairy chick was here this morning for the first time since last Friday --- since LAST FRIDAY -- and she only took away .2....helloooooooooo WTH is up with that??!!?? Man, I wanted to scream :tongue:

So tomorrow is my weekly WI and I'm pretty much sure its gonna stink.....what's going on with my body??? Why can't it just let go of the fat we dont need? <sigh> :x :x grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :twisted:

OK, here's my positive spin: It wasn't a gain :roll: .

Yeah, I have a bad attitude.....get over it - LOL
ROTFLMAO!!! I didn't see that post until AFTER i had posted my last one. OMGosh, you have lost your mind. Go eat a pickle or something lol! You're losin' and that's what matters...at least that's what i keep telling myself. :lol:

lifelovinaries

Postby katieb920 » February 25th, 2010, 5:17 pm

[/quote] I'm going to try to cut down to weighing maybe 3 days of the week. My clothes are fitting better so hopefully i can focus on that instead of a scale number. [/quote]
Yeah right girl.... We are all hooked on the scale we weigh every day. That is like you giving up Image
Katie
katieb920

Postby lifelovinaries » February 26th, 2010, 5:15 am

katieb920 wrote:Yeah right girl.... We are all hooked on the scale we weigh every day. That is like you giving up Image

OMGosh, that is too funny! U still have the kool aid man! Well actually, i did pretty good this morning, i DID NOT step on the scale. Although i was slightly tempted, i used the method i used when OP before...I drank a bunch of water before i got out of bed. When i do that, the scale # means absolutely nothing to me. Hopefully, my method works. I will continue to do this until Sunday morning roll call. Then again, since i am anal and have OCD tendencies, it upsets me a little bit that the calendar on the software i use will be missing weights for a few days :D . It just doesn't look right. Ok, I know i have issues :tongue: If my method works during weight loss, i definitely WILL go back to daily weighing during maintenance. Since there will be a larger variance in food intake, I need it to monitor. As long as i am OP, it should be pretty insignificant since my L&Gs are pretty consistent. Actually, i am about to cash my reality check and admit that i am a scale w**** (most of you know what that is) so i will probably not make it past this week without weighing daily. :mrgreen: Oh well, at least i am putting forth the effort! :mrgreen:

SIDEBAR: isn't it wonderful to know you can hijack a true friend's journal and it's never a problem??? :devious: :devious: :devious:

Oh yeah, i also need to mention that when using my method last time, i think it lasted LESS than a week :roll: 8)

lifelovinaries

Postby Susie Q » February 26th, 2010, 5:34 am

katieb920 wrote:
I'm going to try to cut down to weighing maybe 3 days of the week. My clothes are fitting better so hopefully i can focus on that instead of a scale number. [/quote]
Yeah right girl.... We are all hooked on the scale we weigh every day. That is like you giving up Image[/quote]

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I opened my journal, saw the kool aid dude and nearly pee'd my pants laughing before I even read the posts!!! LMAO That was HYSTERICAL Katie -- and OH SO TRUE!!

You know, OC, I gotta hand it to you, you win the no weighing contest! When I woke up the morning after that post I just weighed automatically and then realized what I'd done - whoops! I will admit, I do need that immediate feedback. I dont think I can go a week -- here's how I rationalize it (hee hee) -- Sometimes I am down and all of the sudden for no good reason the scale jumps a few pounds (like last weekend). Had I not been weighing on a daily basis that 2 pound gain would have felt real to me and I would have been trying to figure out where I had gone wrong.......that's my story and I'm sticking to it :0......I figure once in maintenance I'll want to weigh every day anyway so I can spot gains before I need a new pants size :)

Here's to ya girls, thanks for the much needed laugh this morning :cheers: !!
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal