Susie Q

1 Thread per registered User.

Re: Susie Q

Postby Tawanda » February 9th, 2010, 7:04 am

What a wonderful gift!

Congratulations on the weight loss. :)
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Susie Q » February 9th, 2010, 6:56 pm

Just dropping in to report that I'm 2 for 2 for my work outs this week :) I was on the treadmill for 35 minutes today adding 5 minutes from my time yesterday. I walked briskly for 5 minutes, jogged for 5 minutes and then alternated walking and running at 2 minute intervals. I got up an hour earlier today and went to bed later last night so I am tired -- and I didn't get a chance to work out until after 8 tonight so I was pretty thrilled to be able to push through for 5 minutes longer and to run more than I did yesterday. I think I'm going to focus on the same intervals tomorrow and see how long it takes me to feel like I'm not going to die in the process :)

I'll BBT -- hope everyone is keeping the faith and keeping OP :)

:heart: :heart:
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Susie Q » February 11th, 2010, 7:24 am

Well, little by little the scale is moving -- -.2 for 2 days in a row and then -.6 this morning. I suppose those small losses add up over time, don’t they? :roll:

I was just telling OC in her journal that I didn’t think I was losing like I had on MF in the past and I was wondering why - - it seems to me that I’m working harder at it this time than ever before. I still ‘feel like’ I am working harder but I think I am wrong about the loss rate. I ran the numbers - - on average on my previous MF journey I lost 3 pounds a week. That was an average – some weeks I was close to 5 and others I was closer to 1 - - but at the end of the journey I averaged 3 pounds a week. Since I am a data driven girl, I did the math on my current MF stats…..I’ve completed 41 OP days and I have lost 17.6 pounds. That is a daily average of -0.43 for a weekly average of 3.01. So, really, I think it’s all in my little impatient head! LOL When I look at the numbers I feel better – when I jump on the scale and see -.2 I don’t get so happy BUT it does add up!

I took measurements last time and I have not done that this trip. Although, I think I’ll record those this week. That was also helpful to me previously. I’m going to be running this time where I didn’t work out :weightlift: at all previously so I think adding in the measurements might come in handy. I know I am shrinking as this week I not only got into my 14 dress pants but my 14 jeans (very washed and smaller than new so much harder than slacks to get into LOL) as well. Before I jumped off the MF train last time I was wearing 12’s and nearing 10's. I tried my 12 dress pants on last night - :roflmao: ! Well, I could get into them – I could even button and zip them – I CAN NOT wear them in public or even outside of my closet :roflmao: ! But, that is a non-scale goal I am going to reach for and see how long it takes me to get there ;)

Here is a question for the work our guru’s: do any of you retain water for a period of time after your work out? I’ve noticed that I do - - I also retain when I fly. Seems my body is sensitive – and I drink a LOT of water. I drink a 16.9 ounce bottle during and immediately following my work out and that is on top of the 4-6 bottles I drink normally during the course of a day. But I have noticed that if I work out in the evening and then weigh right before bed, the scale is up several pounds - - sometimes it falls by morning, sometimes not so much. I’m wondering why that is and if there is a way to avoid it. I’m going to try working out earlier in the day, when possible. But I really prefer doing it later in the day …

OK, gotta run for now!
:heart:
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby lifelovinaries » February 11th, 2010, 8:20 am

girl, every time i look at your ticker i get mad :x At one point, i was only 2lbs behind then 3lbs, now 5.something. WTH??? I can't let it get any further away but there's NOTHING i can do about it. I was thinking of getting some exercise in but now you talk about retaining water? Jeez. I know i need to start though and i keep putting it off. i just need to grab a dvd, pop it in and start. Maybe something easy like "walk away the pounds". Why can't i get motivated? rhetorical question, of course...

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Susie Q » February 11th, 2010, 9:46 am

OC, girl, just get up and walk or something :). I know it isn't easy - I hate doing it! I took yesterday as an off day whereas I had planned on working out every day and I felt guilty for it - LOL. I felt my body needed to rest though and I didnt want to over due. I am finished with my work out for today though. I completed 30 min on the treadmill and was able to jog for 12 of those minutes. It doesn't sound like a lot but every day I add a little to it. I was more tired today than normal but I think that might be because I worked out at 10:00 AM and normally I work out at night. I'd only had one meal by the time I worked out so I think that might have made me feel sluggish.....who knows! I am hoping the earlier work out gives me time to shed the water I hold afterwards.

OC, I gotta tell ya that last time I did this I refused to work out! I just simply didn't do it. However, this time I feel like I need to in order to stay on the path (I still feel like I am losing slower) and also because I know I need to work out for my long term health and to maintain. I'm hoping that the jogging will help me tone the flab :) On my previous MF journey I stopped working out because I saw the scale go up a little and I thought that was bad. This time I am trying to do this for the long haul and not just the number on the scale. Plus, my goal is more than 15 pounds lower than the lowest weight I have had as an adult and I think as I inch closer to it I am going to need the work outs..... I keep hoping someday I will like them :) Right now, its like scratching something off of the to-do list - - but I am doing it and I'm hoping in the end its the best way to have gone ... working out is healthy, so how could this be wrong? :) Right??!!??

Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby Susie Q » February 12th, 2010, 5:45 am

Good Morning, Everyone!

Today ends my 6th week on program and starts week 7. I am down 2.4 pounds this week and boy, that was a shocker because it just came in such little amounts! However, it DOES add up!! I’ve lost 18.2 pounds in 6 weeks so I am still on track with my 3 pound a week average - - though I have indeed slowed a bit with the losses. Last time I did this program I had lost 22 pounds by now BUT I started out nearly 30 pounds heavier that time too so that may be part of it. Overall, however, I am not unhappy with 18.2 pounds - - I like being almost 20 pounds lighter! I can fit into jeans and slacks I couldn’t wear a few months ago, I know I look slimmer and I am even starting to get the hang of this work out stuff :). Don’t get me wrong, I still despise working out but I feel like it is something I must do this time so I am sticking with it.

Sunday I hope to post more NSV’s as tomorrow I am hosting a party at my house for my sister’s birthday - - so tonight I am baking a red velvet cake and tomorrow I am making spaghetti for the family … the spaghetti is a no brainer – but not tasting that red velvet icing is going to be a challenge :) LOL I will make it through though, I’m NOT going to cheat! I’m not, I’m not, I’m not!!!

OK, I suppose I better get some work done so I can work out again this morning before diving into the rest of the day ….Oh, an update on that – I *really* liked working out earlier in the day!! I didn’t like it when I was doing it as I was sooooooooo tired, however, I loved having it behind me! Knowing it was done and I could focus on other things was great. I didn’t feel like it was hanging over my head as a to-do. Also, I think working out earlier helped with the water retention as I had plenty of hours left in the day to walk that off and flush out the body with more water. We’ll see how it goes today - - I did drink a lot more water yesterday than normal cuz I was thirsty more.

Well, TTFN!
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby Susie Q » February 12th, 2010, 8:55 am

Woooooo Hoooooo, my Friday work out is DONE - in the bag, bayybeee! 30 minutes on the treadmill -- 15/jogging & 15/walking -- that's 3 more minutes of jogging time over yesterday. I did it in alternating 2 minute intervals. I'm going to keep at that interval rate for a week and see if it gets easier/feel more comfortable.

:cleader: I sooooo love having this off my plate for the day!!

Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby katieb920 » February 13th, 2010, 7:50 am

Hola susie Q,

Wow that is exciting on the running/walking. I am still not there I tried doing the cool running thing last week, but that is when I found out I was sick so I stopped. Awesome job on the weight loss, you are rocking it. Keep it up
Katie
katieb920

Postby katesmom » February 15th, 2010, 7:12 am

Hey Susie Q !
Glad to hear that you are having great success with your weight loss and excercise routine !
You are keeping us inspired !!

Rock On !!
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Susie Q » February 16th, 2010, 8:14 am

Hi, everyone!

Well, I had a HUGE surprise this morning!! I jumped on the scale this morning and whoooooa - I'm in the 20 pound club!!! I had been retaining a bit of water since WI (dunno why) so the scale had been up almost 3 pounds but I had been 100% OP so I KNEW it was water! I expected that it would slowly go away but figured I'd watch the scale trickle down over time -- but no, that nice scale fairy was so generous that she took away the water weight PLUS two pounds! Whooooaaa! Boy was I thrilled!!!

I need to get back into my work outs today. I took the weekend off as I was totally busy with other things and then had to clean and vaccum yesterday so I didnt get my treadmill time. I'll be back on it later today though!

Here's hoping everyone has a successful OP week!!

P.S. I'm down 20.2 pounds in about 6.5 OP weeks. I've planned to begin looking for my wedding dress at the end of March - about 6.5 weeks from now! Oh I SO hope I can drop another 20 pounds by then!! It's not goal but it is a weight that I would be happy to being my wedding dress search at while I continue to focus on getting slimmer :) :) I CAN DO IT!

TTFN! :heart:
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby Susie Q » February 18th, 2010, 2:54 pm

Hi, Everyone!

Just stopping in to say I'm on track, still OP and still fighting the good fight. The scale continues to be nice to me so I continue to see a little reward every day or so which is terrific for the motivation, ya know? Tomorrow is my official WI so we shall see what the sweet, nice, gotta love her scale fairy brings me :)

I do have to say that I have found that I am liking things I didn't like in life before.....like brocolli - - uhmm, why didnt I ever think it was sweet before? I had to look at the package to see if something had been added to it because it was soo sweet and yummy! Who knew??

I've also found a love for Salmon - yummm-o! I've always liked shrimp but have been eating it instead of meat for the past few weeks. I have found that I actually prefer it over steak, chicken or pork.

Sadly, I've had to say bye-bye to my much loved diet soda! :( :( The medication I take makes it taste soooooooooo bad!! It stinks because I feel like I've been reduced to drinking water and coffee only and I only have one cup of coffee in the morning. I do add infusers to some of my water but that's just not as satisfying to me as the soda -- boo hoo! :cry: I wish there were other options ...

So that's it for now. I'll be back tomorrow after WI and hopefully I'll have awesome news to share :)

TTFN ~ Suz! :heart:
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby lifelovinaries » February 18th, 2010, 8:54 pm

ok, first i wanna say that you need to tell that scale fairy chick that you have a friend that needs a lil visit. she seems to be spending WAY too much time at your spot. I mean i know you said you are getting for 2 more occupants in the house but i didn't think the scale fairy was one of them! :x It appears that she has been sending her cronies to handle me. Tell her i said "AIN'T NUTHIN LIKE THE REAL THING BAAAAYYYBIE, AIN'T NUTHIN LIKE THE REAL THING". Although they might be an ok substitute, and i really do appreciate their help but right now i need to see HER.

Is this a competition between u and i? You're darn tootin' it is. Am i mad that i look at your ticker and see that your "pounds lost" climbs faster than mine? YUP! At one point, i was about 3lbs behind you now i am about 5. Uh, that's just not acceptable lol! Then again, maybe if my puffy butt started to exercise, i wouldn't be so far behind ya :roll: Don't get me wrong, i am so happy for you and it is you and your wedding that in some strange way is keeping me on track. I have to lose weight and get to my goal so i can look great on your wedding day as i sit in NJ imagining how GREAT you are going to look in that dress. LMAO! Keep it up girlie, you are on a serious roll that no one can stop. This is our last time doing this. No more need for restarting, only maintaining. Oh yeah, just to let you know, when you get married and become pregnant, don't expect me to gain weight with you! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :angel:

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Susie Q » February 19th, 2010, 5:40 am

That Crazy OC wrote:ok, first i wanna say that you need to tell that scale fairy chick that you have a friend that needs a lil visit. she seems to be spending WAY too much time at your spot. I mean i know you said you are getting for 2 more occupants in the house but i didn't think the scale fairy was one of them! :x

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: THAT was hysterical!!! LOL LOL Maybe I should have said I was getting three more occupants cuz she has been spending a lot of time here this week -- but she's just making up for the last three weeks when she wasn't so nice to me and I had tiny little losses I had to fight tooth and nail from her for :)

That Crazy OC wrote:Is this a competition between u and i? You're darn tootin' it is. Am i mad that i look at your ticker and see that your "pounds lost" climbs faster than mine? YUP! At one point, i was about 3lbs behind you now i am about 5. Uh, that's just not acceptable lol!

Hee Hee -- I didnt know it was a competition, girly! But if that's what it takes to keep you motivated and here with me then IT IS ONNNN! You are SO right, I'm not doing this again! I hate dirt more and more every single day! I want to eat it to maintain because its easy and healthy but not for every friggen meal!!!

That Crazy OC wrote:Then again, maybe if my puffy butt started to exercise, i wouldn't be so far behind ya :roll:
:whip: Get out there and start moving your body, OC! :weightlift: Although, I'm not one to talk! I haven't been on the treadmill all week. Just too many other things in my way -- funny that my weight loss really picked up when I stopped working out --my body is funny and I guess I retain a lot of fluid when I do work out :cry:

That Crazy OC wrote:Don't get me wrong, i am so happy for you and it is you and your wedding that in some strange way is keeping me on track. I have to lose weight and get to my goal so i can look great on your wedding day as i sit in NJ imagining how GREAT you are going to look in that dress. LMAO!

LOL! I do wish you could be there! I'll have a drink on you :buddies: ! I won't be at goal yet and I'm sure I'll gain a little that week I am gone but I am OK with that. I am going to take bars with me to have for the most part but I do plan to have dinners out with the family. I'm hoping I can find good choices and minimize the gain -- but it is my wedding, after all, and I'm going to open a bottle of wine for sure!!!

That Crazy OC wrote:Oh yeah, just to let you know, when you get married and become pregnant, don't expect me to gain weight with you! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :angel:

OMGosh that was HYSTERICAL!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby Susie Q » February 19th, 2010, 6:02 am

OK, now that I've finished messing with the OC girl....

I had a *REALLY* awesome week!!! I was so so so so shocked this morning to jump on the scale and see I was down a pound since yesterday. That means, friends, that at the end of Week 7 I am down 21.8 POUNDS! YIPPEEE! In addition, that means that my total loss for Week 7 is -3.6 POUNDS!! Here are my stats for the last 7 weeks:

-7.6 01/08/10
-3.8 01/15/10
-1.2 01/22/10
-1.8 01/29/10
-1.4 02/05/10
-2.4 02/12/10
-3.6 02/19/10

I had been feeling like I was having to fight to get my body to lose and then for the past two weeks it seems to have started to let go. I dunno what the difference is except this week I didn't work out......but last week was really the only week with multiple work outs and I was still at -2.4 so maybe I just over think these things! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK, I suppose I better get to work!

TTFN!! :heart:
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby katieb920 » February 20th, 2010, 7:02 am

Okay Susie Q,

Just to let you know Oc and I will Be at your wedding, via satelite. We both live in NJ so we will get together and drink out shakes, we will also dance. That will be our exercise for the month since we do not exercise.

Have a great day O/P
Katie
katieb920

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal