It is currently May 18th, 2024, 11:21 pm

News News of The Gymnasium

Site map of The Gymnasium » Forum : The Gymnasium

Fitness and Exercise

New Find

Hi Everyone,
I just returned from an estate sale they were having up the street. I bought myself a Schwinn Airdyne and Evolution Comp dual action bike.
This is one of those fitness bikes that blows air on you to cool you the more you push the pedals. It also works the arms back and forth. Honestly, it looked brand new; I know that many people buy these types of things to only use them ...
Read more : New Find | Views : 523 | Replies : 1

Anyone Tried Turbo Jam

I recently started TSFL and had to add exercise so I bought Tubo Jam. Being that I hated exercise I need something that was fun. I watched the infomercial about a 100 times, and I finally ordered.(Beach Body dot -com) I LOVE IT ! :heart: It has good music , it's just alot of fun. It comes with five wk outs. Learn & Burn, 20 min wk ...
Read more : Anyone Tried Turbo Jam | Views : 1536 | Replies : 15

Cut out my exercise ?

As I am preparing to start the 'Take Shape for life' program, I have one small reservation and quandary...

I had been exercizing everyday. And lately, if I am not doing it everyday, I aim to, anyway. But, I happen to have a ton of muscle in my build and since I have been doing some fairly serious weight lifting for a few months (again) now, I have gained a lot more muscle and strength ...
Read more : Cut out my exercise ? | Views : 752 | Replies : 5

Pilates

So is anyone doing Pilates? I bought a Pilates video the other day that has five 10 minute programs on it. I've done the 10 minute abs program twice. For 10 minutes of exercise done completely while I'm on my butt I sure sweat! It's really hard though, and I'm not quite strong enough to hold the positions correctly. Does anyone have any tips to make holding the correct position easier? Or other tips? I ...
Read more : Pilates | Views : 900 | Replies : 14

Week 4 Day 1

Well here I am at week 4 day 1. I've faithfully followed plan and not tried to incorporate fitness into MF before this point.

I promised myself however, that I would go to the gym today. I'm very excited about working out again. In my past, skinny life, I actually financed my undergrad college education as a Health Club sales manager and aerobics instructor. I was even on ESPN once, somewhere at around 114 pounds. ...
Read more : Week 4 Day 1 | Views : 529 | Replies : 2

Another Exercise Question

I golf every weekend. Since starting on Medifast (and for many months before that...I pretty much used a motorized cart to putter along the course).

However, today I plan on walking all nine holes, pulling my bag and clubs behind me on a manual cart. According to the Calorie King Exercise Manager, 90 minutes walking a golf course uses up 757 Calories!! I planned out my eating for today, and even with a +400 calorie ...
Read more : Another Exercise Question | Views : 488 | Replies : 1

Three weeks in!

Today begins my third week on MF, and this morning I was reminded that I can start exercising now. I hate exercise :D All the same, I have a bellydance video coming in the mail. I was going to sign up for bellydance classes, but they are an hour long so I was afraid I'd fizzle out too quickly.

Those of you who weren't exercising before ...
Read more : Three weeks in! | Views : 454 | Replies : 1

Confessions of a Curves Addict & By the Numbers

Thought I might as well combine two topics in one. ;)

As mentioned before I have somewhat of an addictive personality. :brickwall:

Throughout my life that has been both a good and bad thing, running the gamut from cross stitch and karaoke to chocolate and " Christmas Story" TV marathons. (Can't get enough of that Peter Billingsley character ...
Read more : Confessions of a Curves Addict & By the Numbers | Views : 1113 | Replies : 12

my early birthday present

Ok, so my birthday is coming up(May 27th) and I gave myself an early present - I joined a gym!! I am wicked excited to get started and what is really good is that they do babysitting so my son will finally be able to spend some time with other kids! He has never been to day care or even with a sitter that wasn't a grandparent! He went into the playroom while I took ...
Read more : my early birthday present | Views : 1032 | Replies : 18

Auntie Flo & Elliptical Machine

Before I started MF, I was doing WW and going to the gym 4-5 times a week, burning 300-375 calories on the elliptical machine. Since starting MF, I go 3 times per week, and only exercise enough to burn 150 calories and then I stop.

I lost 5 pounds the first week. And only a pound so far this week. Do you think this is slowing down my loss? (Aunt Flo is also visiting) but ...
Read more : Auntie Flo & Elliptical Machine | Views : 680 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 167231 • Total topics 12185 • Total members 2286