Three weeks in!

Fitness and Exercise

Three weeks in!

Postby Sarya » May 19th, 2006, 9:15 am

Today begins my third week on MF, and this morning I was reminded that I can start exercising now. I hate exercise :D All the same, I have a bellydance video coming in the mail. I was going to sign up for bellydance classes, but they are an hour long so I was afraid I'd fizzle out too quickly.

Those of you who weren't exercising before starting MF: When did you add exercise into your routine and what did you try?

I've been getting winded just carrying my laundry up two flights of stairs so I don't want to topple over or something! Nor do I want to mess up my weight loss :)

--S
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Jan » May 19th, 2006, 10:23 am

Walking is a wonderful way to start. You can go as slowly or as quickly as you desire. I read an article not toooo long ago about walking and the study indicated that it is the lenght of continual movement not the intensity of the movement that makes the most difference. Plus we all know we really don't want to "pound" the joints. They will give out!!!
It also seemed to indicate the our bodies are happy with a couple of 20 minute walks or a 40 minute walk. Doesn't mind if we split the exercise into 2 (or perhaps more) sessions. When walking, the intensity should never be sooo high that you can't carry on a conversation. No panting and puffing when walking. :mrgreen:
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Return to The Gymnasium