4 weeks into it and.....

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

4 weeks into it and.....

Postby DonicaB » May 2nd, 2005, 9:19 am

this is where I always start to struggle. I still feel like I am going pretty strong and still feel in control.

Yesterday, I definitely struggled with wanting to eat. I did cheat a little and ate some peanuts, and had 2 bars instead of 1. Honestly though, that is the best I have ever done when I get hit with the I WANT FOOD hunger. Before MF, I would have eaten the entire refrigerator. OK maybe not the refrigerator, but all of its contents...........and the contents of the pantry.........and anything else I could find. :brickwall:

I really think if I can get past this week, my usually failure point, I will feel so much better.

I want to look like TAMIL (check out her photos in the Studio). :mrgreen:

DonicaB
Last edited by DonicaB on May 2nd, 2005, 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby want2Bthin » May 2nd, 2005, 9:30 am

Donica-

You will get past this. I have had days that are harder then others but I make it through and feel stronger. I had one day that I ate 2 bars also- it was either that or a very bad binge. I still had a good loss that week. I just wouldn't make a habit of it.

You have done so great and I bet it won't be long until we get to see your after photos too.

Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Guest » May 2nd, 2005, 9:58 am

Hi Donica,

i hate those days of just wanting to eat hunger. i have noticed with myself that if i drink caffeine drinks, i get more of that type of hunger. try to stick just to water and see if that helps. ALSO, remember that eating doesn't solve whatever the problem is. it only makes it worse. try to see what the "problem" is. with me, it's usuallly cuz i'm bored or overwhelmed and want to eat to avoid whatever it is i'm supposed to be doing!! i hope that helps - Sue

Postby armeewyf » May 2nd, 2005, 10:00 am

DonicaB--I think this weekend I was a little off too...although I tried. We went out of town to a resort that had no fridge or micro in the room. First nite out I had salad from the salad bar. Dressings were not marked. So I asked which is FF? She said "the red one". OK, there were 2 red ones. Both were thick and neither tasted like FF. I used sparingly but could have been enough to mess me up with ketosis. Hopefully I didn't mess myself up too bad!
armeewyf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 2nd, 2005, 4:07 pm

ya know I guess we all have some "imaginary" zone that has gotten us in the past. For you it is 4 weeks into you diet and for others it's reaching 150lbs! As long as you realize this week is a weakness it should make you even stronger and more determined to get through it. Do not think about anything but this week. Do not think about the first 3 weeks and don't think about the next 3 weeks or the next 3 months! For this week it is allllllllllllll about the next 6 days and that's it. You have a 6 day goal as of right now. After that.......smooooooooooooooooth sailing.

I challenge you to make week 4 your BEST WEEK EVER!! You can do it sweetie. And I'll be watching 8)
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 2nd, 2005, 4:31 pm

OH Christi, whatcha have to go and challenge me for? Normally I love a challenge but UUGH! I don't want to let you, or me for that matter, down. I have already been struggling again today (ate more peanuts). I told my husband NO MORE PEANUTS in the house, they are too handy to open the bag, crack open a few shells and before ya know it, I've eaten way too many. The funny thing is, peanuts are not usually a downfall for me. Normally I could take 'em or leave 'em. Why now do they seem so tempting? OOOOOHH OOOOOHH, I can answer that.......because they are here. :table:

I would like to blame it on Pre-MS but I'm not sure if it is that or the 4 week curse. :twisted:

OK Christi, I take your challenge, I don't know how much poundage I will fling this week, but I will be strong. :weightlift:

Thanks for the encouragement. :mrgreen:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby LilMsTexas » May 2nd, 2005, 4:35 pm

I don't care how much you lose this week. I just want you to NOT CHEAT this week. Just for this week..........nothing extra.......then we'll move on after that. And you are eating them because they are SMALL and they don't SEEM like you are over endulging. That is why I was sneaking the little bitty pretzel sticks. Didn't seem like so bad since they were so little And they satisfy salty and crunchy. They aren't our old vices so we aren't alerted by them as easily.

You can do this kiddo. Just for 6 more days!!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 2nd, 2005, 4:44 pm

OK I'm with ya. No more peanuts or any other little tiny tidbits that result in HUGE FAT. Nothing extra!!!!!!!!.....I can do it.......you can do it..........we all can do it. Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!

You are sooo good for me, Christi. As I have said before, You have got in going on. :dance:

DonicaB :kool:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby doglover » May 2nd, 2005, 5:01 pm

Hey I have an idea Donica - how about shipping those peanuts to me and I'll smooth them out w/ some butter and......

OH WAIT A MINUTE :hammerhead: What am I thinking!!!
;)

You can do this! Just come here often and drink lots of water and crunch on celery sticks! You;ll make it through the 4 week bump w/ SMOOTH sailing!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to The Weight Room