Week 4 Day 1

Fitness and Exercise

Week 4 Day 1

Postby Aerie » June 19th, 2006, 9:20 am

Well here I am at week 4 day 1. I've faithfully followed plan and not tried to incorporate fitness into MF before this point.

I promised myself however, that I would go to the gym today. I'm very excited about working out again. In my past, skinny life, I actually financed my undergrad college education as a Health Club sales manager and aerobics instructor. I was even on ESPN once, somewhere at around 114 pounds. I also did a fair amount of personal training and body building.

I promised also that I would take it easy at the gym and follow all the recommendations MF has given me about incorporating exercise into the program.

One of the valuable lessons MF has taught me is to put aside my own opinions and assumtions (and believe me I'm as bullheaded as they come) and simply submit to the program. It has been very enlightening to me to see that other's expertise is worthy and I'm so thankful for it.
Last edited by Aerie on June 19th, 2006, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Aerie » June 19th, 2006, 11:09 am

Well I'm back from the gym and I'm feeling great. Didn't push too hard but still worked up a sweat. I'd like to try 3-4 days per week and see how it all goes.
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby lan » June 22nd, 2006, 7:12 pm

Hi,
Good for you that you are back in the gym. As a former instructor, do you have any advice for me? I have a weight room that is open to me; I work in a school and it is vacant for the summer. I do not know what to do with the weights and some of the machines. I am out of shape and want to begin slowly. Thanks.
Lan
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. - Henry David Thoreau

lan
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Return to The Gymnasium