Another Exercise Question

Fitness and Exercise

Another Exercise Question

Postby mellowmom » June 4th, 2006, 3:11 pm

I golf every weekend. Since starting on Medifast (and for many months before that...I pretty much used a motorized cart to putter along the course).

However, today I plan on walking all nine holes, pulling my bag and clubs behind me on a manual cart. According to the Calorie King Exercise Manager, 90 minutes walking a golf course uses up 757 Calories!! I planned out my eating for today, and even with a +400 calorie lean and green meal at TGIF's, I'm coming out with a net of only 283 calories!!!

Should I take an extra shake or two or three or ??? Or is this one day of extremely low net calories no big thing to get worried about. If all goes well, I think I may walk the course(s) from now on, so that means every 7th day I will hit this extremely low net calorie total.

Any ideas or thoughts on this Nancy? Or anyone who has been on MF a while and has successfully integrated golf into their exercise program?

Thanks.
Carmel
Shaken AND Stirred
3/24/06
5'8" 334/213/165
Re-started 1/7/09
5'8" 325/165
mellowmom
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby mommaof3boys » June 5th, 2006, 6:07 pm

Don't know the answer but what a way to burn calories!

My husband plays 18 holes once or twice (or 3 times) a week. He always walks and usually carries his bag - no wonder he is so skinny!
Medifast start date 5/10/2006

5'6"

151/144/127
mommaof3boys
Trusted Member

Return to The Gymnasium