Lois' CRAZY 100 day challenge!!!!!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Lois' CRAZY 100 day challenge!!!!!!!

Postby Lois » August 18th, 2004, 4:39 pm

Hi everyone!

This BB has been SUCH a source of inspiration, encouragement, and accountability that I have decided to go WAY out on a limb here and share my plan for the next 100 days with you....

I am challenging MYSELF to do the following for the next 100 days:

1)The full fast plan (NO licks, bites, nibbles, etc etc etc....)

2)Move my body around EVERY day...a little yoga, walking/jogging, etc....NO EXCUSES!!!

3)Check in daily on this thread so I'll "stay clean" and accountable...in other words, if I flub it, I'll have to share it here :oops:

WHY am I doing this????? I've lost 35 pounds so far, and have about another 50 to go. This is my way of getting SERIOUS about reaching my goal...no excuses, no foolin' around...just DOING it.

So....wish me luck ;) and I'll see you here tomorrow!

hugs all around,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby explorthis » August 18th, 2004, 6:47 pm

LUCK!!!

I am rooting for you!!!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby TamiL » August 18th, 2004, 7:38 pm

Lois
YOU GO GIRL!! 100 day challange sounds great....good Idea...Ill have to do a challange once I get out of the 3 day challange!! tommorrow is day 3...started again, but this time, no strayin!! :-P
GOODLUCK !!!

Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

She's goin' for 100 Days of Success & Skininess

Postby Nancy » August 18th, 2004, 10:35 pm

Lois,

Yes! This is IT! What is the date for day 100?

I know that you can do it.

[Doesn't it bug ya when ya think about all the time that has been wasted?]

Little by little, shake by shake - no BLTs (bites, licks, tastes) you will reach your goal.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Sylvia » August 19th, 2004, 7:15 am

Lois,

I think you have the right idea. A while back I moved from a focus on losing a set number of pounds to a focus on doing it for a set period of time. Somehow a known number of days - a chart where days can be crossed out one by one - was easier to deal with than pounds that seemed to drop sporadically no matter what I did.

I think your idea for a 100 day plan is an excellent one - please keep us updated on your progress.

Sylvia
Sylvia

Postby Nancy » August 19th, 2004, 8:08 am

I used to make and use a little chart that had a section for me to make tally marks every time I had a shake and a bottle of water. It helped me to set and keep my routine.

When I first started on the weight loss phase, I had no idea IF it would work for ME, I had no idea how much weight I could realistically lose and therefore had no final goal weight in mind. Terry and I began with the idea that we would lose as much as we possibly could between July 16th and October 6th, his birthday and the day we were to leave for our vacation.

Once we got into the grove of having our shakes and having them on time and drinking all the water, we were amazed at how good we felt and that we were both being successful! We were hooked – we didn’t want to stop because Medifast works and it worked for US! He had but 10 pounds to go after our vacation – He lost 60 pounds in total. I lost 9 pounds on our vacation and continued on to my goal weight.

Some people indeed do better with their plan if they set a target date – then they do everything within their power to be program-compliant and then, if necessary, re-set another date. Others do better when they have a particular “number” in their head or a particular waist size!

Again, I always say, “you know YOU best” therefore, select your goal – either pounds to lose, goal weight/size to reach or the length of time you will do this and then DO IT! Do not stop short of your goal. Once you begin to mess with Medifast and take detours, it is really difficult to get back on the highway to health and happiness! Also…when you are on a very low calorie diet, your metabolism slows down. When you start eating and porking out like you used to with a low metabolism, you will easily gain. We want you to get al the way to your goal, then go thru transition where you S-L-O-W-L-Y add back foods in small amounts, in a particular order, then stabilize and increase exercise for a few months to reestablish your normal metabolism.

When on a weigh loss plan, you work way too hard to blow your wad on a serving of greasy un-heart-healthy pizza that most likely tasted more like the cardboard box it came in. Think about it folks, if cheese is hard to scrape off of a cardboard circle, if cheese is hard to wash off of a fork or a plate, what’s it doing to the inside of your arteries? It’s not like you can run a scrub brush soaked in detergent and a fire hose of hot water to spray out your arteries after you consume half a pizza!

Blech! Cheese is not good for those of us that have family members with heart probs. (BTW, there is good-tasting and melting soy cheese available for people that reach maintenance. We are able to buy some here in the Portland, OR Vancouver, WA area that is really good...for MAINTENANCE...)

Health = life!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Carrie » August 19th, 2004, 8:38 am

Hi Lois,
Tami and I just restarted - and I've commited myself to the program for the next 90 days - so we're all in the same boat!

Let us know how you're doing - keep shakin'
Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie

Postby LongWay2go » August 19th, 2004, 9:00 am

Lois, you GO girl! You can do it, and yes, we are all behind you 100%!

- Gerald
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » August 19th, 2004, 11:03 am

Go for the Gold, Lois - as Nancy says! :yes:

Keep the torch burning! I'll commit along with you to stay on my course the next 100 days! For some reason, synchronized swimming keeps popping into my thoughts with Nancy there as our coach! HA! Think I'm watching too much of the activities in Athens? Actually Nancy started it with her post a few days ago! Yes, why not make dieting an Olympic event! Ok, I've gone too far. I'm a little silly today. It's happy hour, :guzzle: but I'm only on MF and nature's champagne (water)! It's my 80th day today and everything is going swimmingly! Sorry... :uhuh: I'll just go- gotta do the backstroke to the bathroom. :hammerhead1:

Later, diet buddies!
:stroll: Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby Lois » August 19th, 2004, 2:04 pm

Hi everyone....You are the BEST!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

Honestly, I am SOOOOooooo encouraged after reading your posts!

It is 5pm, and so far, so good on day #1 of my 100 day challenge. I am just a tad queasy and head-achy, but it is HOT & HUMID in Philadelphia today (which is probably at least part of the reason for feeling a bit yucky), so I've been drinking like crazy and know I'll feel better in a day or so.

Day #100 will be Friday, November 26th.....the day after THANKSGIVING! (I think that's one of God's little jokes, if you know what I mean!!!!)

This morning I weighed in at 194 pounds (down from my starting weight on June 2nd at 230)....I'm aiming for 150....maybe 140. It's been so long since I've been there that I feel like I probably shouldn't set a "definite" goal weight until I see how I look/feel when I get "close" to 150...and the next 100 days should get me close ;) !!!!!!

I did do yoga today, and it felt GREAT. Tomorrow I'll get out for a walk....my plan is to alternate yoga and walking/jogging in the neighborhood.

So.....thanks again for your support and encouragement. I know you're rooting for me, and I know I can do this 8)!!!!!!!!!!

BIG hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby Lois » August 20th, 2004, 9:43 am

DAY #2 and goin' strong....

One down and only 99 more to go ;)

I felt MUCH better by evening yesterday...the little "detox" stuff that happens when I started the full fast passed quickly, and it is WORTH it!

I went out for a 25 minute brisk walk this morning...felt great! I am hoping to try the "couch potato" walk/jog plan posted on another thread....but figured I better get myself going with a few weeks of brisk walking first!!!

When I got home, I chugged some water, slurped a shake, and did a little yoga to cool down and stretch.

I emailed pictures to Unca last night, so you guys will all be able to take a look at me in the studio soon 8)

It is SOOOOooooo motivating to be able to keep this little "diary" going...it helps me feel connected to all of you during my 100DC (100 Day Challenge)....and who knows, it might just encourage some visitors to try Medifast ;)

BIG hugs to all of my shrinking friends......

Lois
Lois

Postby Nancy » August 20th, 2004, 11:40 am

Dear Shrinking Lady ~

I am really proud of you.

I am hitting the treadmill daily. Your brisk walks will be great for you.

A friend of ours moved to a new apt. and he is a single guy. I baked him some brownies and put them on a jungle plate to match his new jungle decor. I was just right on with my eating plan yesterday all the way, exercised and had a good workout and then last night at 1:30 AM, I scarfed two brownies before I retired.

I felt a sugar wooze come over me after I went to bed. I was a bad girl - I do not like to do that, had no idea why I did but I did it.

Now I need to be a good girl today.

Lois, you are my inspiration today. I'm gonna be program compliant for you, Carrie, Camille, RavenKat, Katie, Gerald, etc. today!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Ria » August 20th, 2004, 12:53 pm

And mE TOO!!! This is Day 1 of 100. Hopefully I will be at or near to goal weight before I visit my in-laws for Thanksgiving!!! Twentyfour more pounds to Go!!!
Ria
Ria
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » August 20th, 2004, 9:06 pm

Ria,

I KNOW you'll be there - you will have ALL 24 pounds gone, will have gone through transition and be well into maintenance by the time Thanksgiving gets here.

You will be truly Thankful this Thanksgiving.

The Lord is your helper - if He could seal the mouths of the lions when Daniel was in the lions' den, He can surely seal your lips and set a guard to prevent you from scarfing something forbidden!

Shake on! :cheers:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Lois » August 21st, 2004, 9:37 am

Day # 3.....and doin' GREAT 8)

Hello, my friends,

I had a great day yesterday and went to bed feeling SOOOoooo thankful that I don't have to "wonder" if this is going to work. It WORKS. All I have to do is stick to the program and not waver. This is where my natural STUBBORNESS is a true assett ;) ..As my dad says, once I make up my mind to do something, there is no stopping me....and my mind is made up!

I am SO encouraged by those of you who are supporting my efforts by sticking to the program and making challenges of your own. OUR STRENGTH AND COMMITTMENT IS CONTAGIOUS :stroll: :stroll: :stroll:

Today was a "yoga day" for me. Believe me, I did NOT feel very motivated when I started....but once I got on my mat and began to warm up, it felt SO GOOD that I did more than I had originally planned to do ;)

Lesson learned: just DO the next right thing....and once started, the rest will come.

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

hugs,

Lois

P.S. I stepped on the scale this morning and I am now an official member of the 40 pound club!!!!! Better go email Unca......
Lois

Next

Return to The Weight Room