Lois' 100 Day Challenge...PART 2

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby elle4nelly » September 29th, 2004, 12:07 pm

Go Lois!!!!!!!!!!

You are so good!!!!!!!!!1
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Lois » September 30th, 2004, 5:49 am

DAY 43 :D

Hello, boys and girls ;) ;)

Today was a YOGA DAY for me....... 8)

I am going to see a "color consultant" this morning as part of me new image 8) Since I've gotten rid of SOOOOOoooooo many clothes and will be buying new stuff when I reach my goal, I thought it would be a good idea to meet with someone who can help me determine what colors look best on me. FUN! 8) I feel like a TEENAGER!!!!!!!!!!

Have a GREAT day, one and all..........

hugs,

Lois

P.S. Thanks, Ravencat! I love those little cheers of encouragement! Keep up the good work you're doin' girlfriend!!!!!!! 8)
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Lois » October 1st, 2004, 6:40 am

DAY 44 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hello, Everyone!!!!!!!

Today I took a wonderful walk in our beautiful autumn nieghborhood!

Well..... yesterday proved to be a GREAT adventure. The woman who did my colors (ala "Color Me Beautiful") was just a terrific person. When I told her about my 55+ pound weight loss so far, she was TRUELY impressed. She said I did not look like a person who had recently lost so much weight, and that I must have done it in a HEALTHY way or else I woudn't look so good 8)

Of course, I told her about MF :D

We had a great time with the "color draping" and make-up. I am, for all of you out there who have a clue about this stuff, a "deep autumn 8)

I found out that I look great in all shades of brown (the deeper the better), greens, purples, and (of all things) RED!!!!!! She asked me if I ever wore red, because I SHOULD! I laughed and said FAT LADIES NEVER WEAR RED because we don't want to be noticed!!!!!! BUT....that's all different for me now!

SOOOooooo.....on my way to work later that afternoon, I stopped at a store and bought a sweater in my VERY best shade of RED :kool: I might just earn the nickname RW around this place :lol:

Today I'm headin' out to buy new make-up.

Watch out world, here I come :drive:

Have a GREAT day, everyone!!!!!!!!!

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby Sylvia » October 1st, 2004, 7:03 am

Sounds like so much FUN. What is Color Me Beautiful? Is it something that is readily available or is it specific to your area?
Sylvia

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 1st, 2004, 10:10 am

Lois,

Sounds like you're an Autumn like me! Yes, red is our color!!! I always get compliments when I wear it. I've had my colors done too by a color consultant, and it was amazing to me to see the swatches against my skin, and how some colors look just terrible on me.

You keep up the great work Lois. You're such a great cheerleader!

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby Lois » October 2nd, 2004, 5:05 pm

DAY 45 8)

Hello, Friends!

Today I enjoyed my yoga before beginning a VERY busy day :shock: Good thing I got it in first....'cause I've been on the move ever since.

......"Color Me Beautiful" was VERY popular about 15 years ago, and I think they have cosultants all over the country. These days, they sell a lot of make-up, but you don't have to buy their products...in fact, the woman who did my colors didn't even make a "sales pitch". She just handed me one of their catalogues and said I could call her if I was interested.

The whole thing is based on the idea that certain people look great in certain colors, and if we know what those colors are, we'll make fewer mistakes when we shop, and all our clothes will work together...basically saving us money and aggravation.

Since I'm practically starting over with my wardrobe, I figured it would be a good time to get some help 8)

They also have a book (I borrowed a copy from the public library!) and a website.

It's fun. The consultant "drapes" you in colored fabric before a large mirror, in natural light. As Camille said, it's truely amazing how AWEFUL some colors look, and how great you look in others.

Anyway, that's the gist of it....and it was fun and definitely worthwhile for me personally.

Hope you all had a great day!

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby Lois » October 3rd, 2004, 2:46 pm

DAY 46 :-P

WOW! Day 50 of my 100 Day Challenge is right around the corner.....And it is now 4 months since I first started MF on JUNE 2nd. So far 55 pounds are GONE FOR GOOD, and I feel like my life has begun all over again!!!!!

Today was a WALKING day for me. My husband and I enjoyed the crisp autumn air and the increadibly blue sky!!!

I'm feelin' great....and GRATEFUL for MF and all of you ;)

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby DutchChoc » October 3rd, 2004, 6:12 pm

Yeah, Lois, 55 pounds lighter and more vibrant is wonderful. Yes, you are making great strides in many ways. Doing what you're doing is going to get you where you can always enjoy being.

I do have air in bike tires now - whew, wasn't that fun putting bike in my car, as usual!! I still have not been for a ride, and seems my gears might be messed up to the point of going on another bike/car ride to the shop. Can't switch to any normal "low" gears, it seemed on my 10-second ride out of the car.

Keep on rolling!!
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 3rd, 2004, 11:12 pm

Grateful for you too Lois!

Always refreshing to me to read your posts.

Cheers,
Camille
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby Lois » October 4th, 2004, 6:23 am

DAY 47 :wavie:

Good morning,

Today was a YOGA day for me 8) I just had my MF morning shake....vanilla....in a mug of hot green and ginger tea. Yummy!!!!!

DAY 50 is right around the corner, and I feel WONDERFUL! I will weigh-in on day 51 and post a "PART 3" thread. I am hoping that by the time I hit DAY 100, I'll be within "spittin' distance" of my goal. Isn't this EXCITING???? So many of us will be sailing into the New Year SO MUCH LIGHTER AND HEALTHIER than ever before!!!!

DC and Camille....thanks for your warm and ever-supportive words! You guys are both doin' SO great :thumbup: :thumbup: Keep up the AWESOME work!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!!!!!

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » October 4th, 2004, 6:34 am

LOIS! I am so proud of you! I smile EVERY TIME I read one of your posts in this thread! You just sound so positive and full of life--I guess :star: VIBRANT :star: is just the best way to describe what I think you must be like in real life.
You are just doing a fantastic job of sticking to your path and keeping a focus on your goal, and I love ya for it girl!

Susanna<---wants to be like Lois when she grows up! LOL
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Lois » October 5th, 2004, 7:51 pm

DAY 48 :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Thanks so much for your kind words, Susanna :heart:

Today was a WALKING DAY for me. How I am enjoying the gorgeous fall weather we're having!

I was SO busy the rest of the day....preparing for my classes, running errands, and then teaching two classes at the seminary...one this afternoon and one this evening.

My motto is: HAVE MEDIFAST, WILL TRAVEL!!!!! 8) My little "travel bag" is SUCH a life saver! I like to keep a spoon in it for "eating" my frozen RTDs. YUMMY ;)

Today I wore a black ABOVE THE KNEE jumper with an olive green shirt and olive green tights, and black suede clogs....and let me tell ya, friends, I was cuter than cheeseburgers!!!!! :mrgreen:

I'll post new pisc after I reach day 50.

ENJOY THE JOURNEY, my friends! The road to Thinville is paved with such WONDERFUL surprises!!!!!!!

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby Lois » October 6th, 2004, 5:58 am

DAY 49 :shock: 8) :D ;) :!:

Hello, Everyone!

Hope you are having a WONDERFUL day 8)

Today was a YOGA day for me....and I needed it, too! I felt "creaky" when I got on the mat, but MUCH better when I got off ;)

Today is the day I go to my weekly OA meeting....what a BLESSING! It is always SUCH an encouragement to me, a real boost emotionally and spiritually.

Tonight Tony and I are going to the Walnut Street Theatre to see "Annie Warbucks" I can't wait to get dressed up in my new skinny clothes, put on my new make-up, and go out on the town....because I CAN ;) No more SQEEZING into those theatre seats for me, boys and girls!!!!! Now there is room to spare :lol:

Have a great shakin' day, everyone!

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 6th, 2004, 10:56 am

Lois,

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I can't wait to see your new pic tomorrow!
Tomorrow is only a day away...

The sun'll come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar ....
okay, I'll stop. But now I'll be singing this song all day long.
:hammerhead:
Camille
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby fedup » October 7th, 2004, 6:23 am

I just started reading this thread... what a great idea! I also can't wait :-P to read your day 50 post :!:
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room