Lois' CRAZY 100 day challenge!!!!!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby Lois » September 9th, 2004, 9:25 am

DAY 22 :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hello, everyone!

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS to Camille and to MIKE!!!!! WOOOOOHoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Mike, I'm looking forward to reading your anniversary post!

Today I went out for a 25 minute walk, followed by a little yoga. I've already "downed" half my water for the day, and I'm looking forward to my MF creamy soup for lunch :chef:

I thought that today I'd post some of the things that are really helping me stay on the program this time.

Even though we're all different (...so some of these may or may not help YOU), I figured it would still be helpful and encouraging to you all to list these things, and helpful to ME by way of reviewing what I'm learning, and counting my blessings ;)

Sooooo....with that said, here is a list (in no particular order!) of the things that are really helping me stay the course....

1.... Daily accountability and support on this BB
2.... The loving support of my husband and kids
3.... Reading books that deal with the emotional, mental, and spiritual aspects of food addiction and overeating
4.... Going to a weekly support meeting for food addicts and compulsive eaters
5.... Seeing a counselor every two weeks
6.... Having a daily ROUTINE with exercise...no excuses!
7.... Having a daily ROUTINE with my water and my MF soups and shakes
8.... NOT WEIGHING MYSELF TOO OFTEN
9.... Exercise that is both MODERATE and ENJOYABLE...over-exercising (like weighing myself too often) is a TRAP for me, an obsession, and leads to defeat rather than success
10.... Staying away from food-centered events whenever possible, and being prepared with my MF and water when I MUST attend
11.... Always bringing a little "emergency bag" of MF supplies with me when I leave the house (MF packets, RTD, shaker jar, tea bags, sweetner, sugarless gum)
12.... Getting rid of my fat clothes as I shrink out of them ;)
13.... Learning to live "one day at a time"
14.... Prayer, prayer, and more prayer

Have a great shakin' day everyone!

hugs,

Lois
Last edited by Lois on September 9th, 2004, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Day # 5

Postby Bseaton » September 9th, 2004, 10:05 am

Hey Everyone, Had to go to a birthday party last night for my wifes grandfather. They had it at Pizza Inn and i had to come late because i was finishing up at work. When i got there my meal would have been paid for but i just ordered water. The Pizza really wasn't that tempting but her grandmother and her friends kept asking aren't you going to eat, Why are you not going to eat. I tried to explain it to her but i still do not think that she understood. I made it through the party and then i had another shake. I checked the scale this morning and it has not moved which is fine with me because that means that my weight is the same and did not go up. :shock:
Barry Seaton

1/01/04
247/210/170
Bseaton
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby explorthis » September 9th, 2004, 11:52 am

Hey Barry, good for you! Just remember, you don't answer to anyone but Barry. It gets easier to refuse as time goes on, espically when you see progress. This is your time, for you and you only, and you will REAP the rewards by staying true to yourself, and thank yourself in the end, I promise!!

Good for you.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Lois » September 10th, 2004, 11:20 am

DAY 23 :shock:

Can you believe it? I'm almost at the 1/4 mark of my 100DC. When I first set the goal of 100 days of full fast and moderate exercise....and counted out the days on the calender....it seemed like FOREVER :?

But the truth is, the time is passing by quickly....and the only "time" we're ever in is the present moment anyway....so why borrow trouble looking ahead and worrying about what might happen next, or how long things are going to take?! I'm learning, through this experience, to LIVE IN THE MOMENT! It's all I've got, anyway ;) and it's really a gift from God.

The other thing I'm beginning to notice is that when people notice my weight loss, they act as though it all just dropped off at once. They think it was EASY because they weren't part of the process. They weren't there when I obediently drank those shakes but was still too heavy for anyone to notice the first 20 pounds. They weren't there when I managed to get through parties, vacation, and family events without going off the program. They see me now....more than 40 pounds lighter...and think somehow it was magic.

But you and I know different. The pounds come off in their own sweet time....one day at a time.

So....TAKE HEART my shakin' friends! We are on the road to thinner, healthier bodies as long as we don't give up, as long as we stick with the program TODAY....day by day ;)

Today was a YOGA day for me. So far I've drunk 32oz. of my water (out of 64) and had one shake and one creamy soup. I am not feeling hungry AT ALL anymore....when I do, it's time for MF! Knowing I can have a 6th shake in the evening if I need one keeps me from cheating. And...I have PLENTY of energy. I have FASTED before (water fasts, juice fasts, etc.) and was utterly EXHAUSTED all the time. But not on MF!!!! I have plenty of energy and I'm feeling great.

BTW, another change I noticed today was that I had one of those emotionally motivated, totally irrational, "Igotta EAT something" thoughts run through my crazy little brain....and when it occured I sort of sat back and said to myself, "Oh, really? That's not true!" AND MOVED ON!!!!!!! WooooHoooo! Chalk one up for SANITY, my friends! I'm not just gettin' THINNER, I'm gettin' SANER, too 8) 8) 8)

love and hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby explorthis » September 10th, 2004, 11:31 am

They see me now....more than 40 pounds lighter...and think somehow it was magic.

Lois - The real magic is the weight is actually gone, and the euphoric magic is when they keep commenting - head swelling yet? Feels like a million bucks eh?

GOOD FOR YOU!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis

Postby DutchChoc » September 10th, 2004, 3:38 pm

Hey, Lois! I really like this and it's my salvation:

But the truth is, the time is passing by quickly....and the only "time" we're ever in is the present moment anyway....so why borrow trouble looking ahead and worrying about what might happen next, or how long things are going to take?!

You're so right about the toils that we must do to get the reward - those that no one sees, and I'm rather glad they don't because some of it is really humbling!!

Good for you, you're blazing the way down this path. It's not a CRAZY challenge, it's the perfect challenge for you and for all of us to be on to find our own daisies, roses, whatever pretty rewards there are to find. Glad you're enjoying this and are obviously so energized.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Lois » September 11th, 2004, 11:10 am

DAY 24 :jumprope: :jumprope: :jumprope:

Hello, everyone!

Mike and DC, thanks SO MUCH for your words of encouragement. Yes, Mike, the euphoria is starting to set in :mrgreen:

It sure beats the DEPRESSION and SELF LOATHING I was living with every day at 230 pounds :sadblue:

Today was a 25 minute walk in the neighborhood followed by a little yoga. I'm really enjoying my "every other day" routine with walking and yoga. I actually LOOK FORWARD to exercising every day! Cool, huh?

Have an awesome day, one and all!

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby MomJackieLee » September 11th, 2004, 4:45 pm

Lois -

Thanks for the day to day inspirations!!! I have really enjoyed reading your thread.
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » September 11th, 2004, 8:14 pm

Leopard Woman is temporarily out of commission...

I wanna go for a bike ride and a walk so bad! The only walkage I am getting right now is from my bed to the BR...24 MORE hours of this and then gentle walking...Lois and others, when ya do your exercise think of moi!

I am supposed to not sit, not lay on my side...i am a lousy typist...have my laptop on my slender bown belly trying to read and write a bit. I think Terry is keeping me sedated to keep me in bed...help! I'm being held hostage!

Lonely Leopard Woman
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Lois » September 12th, 2004, 6:12 am

DAY 25 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hello, Everyone! Can you believe it? I'm now officially 1/4 of the way through my 100 Day Challenge. I have to tell you, it has been a GREAT experience so far, and I'm SOOooooo glad I decided to do it. THANK YOU to everyone who reads my posts and to all of you who have encouraged me along the way. Knowing you are reading this thread REALLY helps me stay on track.

Today I got up early and had a WONDERFUL session on my yoga mat

TOMORROW MORNING I WILL WEIGH IN to see what my total loss is for the first lap of my 100 day journey. I plan to start a "Lois' 100 Day Challenge... PART 2" thread tomorrow, 'cause this one is getting kinda loooooong ;)

So, have a GREAT shakin' day everyone, and I'll see ya here tomorrow, bright and early!

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Day 8

Postby Bseaton » September 12th, 2004, 12:43 pm

;) Well it seems i have more time on my hands since i am not spending it eating. We all went to my wifes grandmother's house and while i was talking to them my daughter climbs in my lap eating a kit kat and drinking a coke what could i say but hey honey. We went over a friends house for her daughters birthday party to grill out. I was bored just drinking my water so i went over started talking to her husband. He was just firing up the grill and i have always been very good on the grill so i took over. We grilled 20 hamburgers for the adults and 10 hotdogs for the kids. I went back to my water and sat next to my daughter while she ate. She said Dad these are the best hamburgers i have ever had. That made me feel good and i ended up cutting 2 more hamburgers for her making it a total of three hamburgers that she dipped in ketchup (She normally only eats one). I did not mind because my daughter is 8 and is very picky and thin. We got home that night and i drank my last shake for the night and was fine. I weighed this morning and my total loss in the past 8 days is 15 lbs. My clothes are a little looser but nothing major. Talk to you later.
Barry Seaton

1/01/04
247/210/170
Bseaton
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby DutchChoc » September 12th, 2004, 7:13 pm

Lois, I'll look forward to seeing your new numbers. Might have to wait as I can't see this site from work, and not sure you'll be up before I go there. Yes, thank YOU for keeping it going and inspiring us!

Barry, that's a cute story. Food, food, everywhere. Glad your daughter has the innocence of someone for whom's food's iust good & just food. You and your water get into lots of interesting scenes/places. It's great that your plan isn't putting a crimp in your activities - seems you're still enjoying everything while losing the fat. Yeah for doing all those things according to our higher plans.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » September 12th, 2004, 10:33 pm

Barry, you rock!

That is exactly how to do it! It is good to learn how to be around food and not to succumb to its lure. Thin people do that all the time. They can be around it and prepare food without eating half of it while they are preparing it, they can serve others - you did all that - enjoyed your daughter, cooked for others and stayed healthy and dumped off some flab! Good job, Kid!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Previous

Return to The Weight Room