Lois' CRAZY 100 day challenge!!!!!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby Lois » August 21st, 2004, 9:38 am

Day # 3.....and doin' GREAT 8)

Hello, my friends,

I had a great day yesterday and went to bed feeling SOOOoooo thankful that I don't have to "wonder" if this is going to work. It WORKS. All I have to do is stick to the program and not waver. This is where my natural STUBBORNESS is a true assett ;) ..As my dad says, once I make up my mind to do something, there is no stopping me....and my mind is made up!

I am SO encouraged by those of you who are supporting my efforts by sticking to the program and making challenges of your own. OUR STRENGTH AND COMMITTMENT IS CONTAGIOUS :stroll: :stroll: :stroll:

Today was a "yoga day" for me. Believe me, I did NOT feel very motivated when I started....but once I got on my mat and began to warm up, it felt SO GOOD that I did more than I had originally planned to do ;)

Lesson learned: just DO the next right thing....and once started, the rest will come.

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

hugs,

Lois

P.S. I stepped on the scale this morning and I am now an official member of the 40 pound club!!!!! Better go email Unca......
Last edited by Lois on August 24th, 2004, 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby TamiL » August 21st, 2004, 12:54 pm

:-P :-P :-P CONGRATS LOIS...YOUR A MEMBER OF THE 40 LB CLUB :-P :-P :-P
GOOD FOR YOU!!
Isnt it amazing how working out makes you feel? I have always been one of those who THINKS too much about doing it before I do it...and can almost talk myself out of it...but ONCE I START MOVING..and doing it...and accomplish it...I FEEL GREAT!!
they say a body in motion stays in motion...and a body at rest stays at rest...HOW TRUE THAT IS.....
Just keep that body in Motion....keep shakin...and youll be Runnin marathons soon!! lol!! ;)
so glad for you....
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » August 21st, 2004, 6:41 pm

Lois ~

Yeah! Medifast works! It cannot fail!

Congrat! You are a new member of the 40 club!

:exercise: :kool: :thumbup: :hi5: :jumprope:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Lois » August 22nd, 2004, 6:59 am

DAY 4 8)

Good Morning! Today we are going to my parents' house...so my exercise will be SWIMMING 8) 8) 8)

I also just finished doing a little yoga ;)

I am taking my MF with me. My parents are VERY supportive of the program, so no problem there.

Have a great day everyone, and I'll see you tomorrow.....

hugs,

Lois

P.S. I can now wear a bathing suit without totally CRINGING ;)
Lois

Postby Nancy » August 22nd, 2004, 7:41 am

Oh, Lois ~

How blessed you are to have your parents! They will be so proud when they see you in that bathing suit, DURING DAYLIGHT HOURS!

Maybe they would lke to try a little Medifast, too - it's great for older folks - they enjoy having the convenience of the oatmeal, soups and bars for a healthy snack. I got my Daddy to use the Medifast Plus Joint Health for his arthritis. My Mom :heart: the PB Bars! :thumbup:

Have a swimmingly fun day! :wave:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

You GO, Lois!!

Postby bear45 » August 22nd, 2004, 9:35 am

Lois...THANKS....I too have gone back to a more strict version of our miracle Medifast!! I have been doing the modified, but it is TOO easy to cheat. It is AMAZING how my manipulative mind can see 10 oz as 5oz!! Thanks for the honesty...I am on my 3rd day of being more vigilant and honest...I am still having a green salad with my evening soup and then celery later in the evening...but NO MORE letting myself have something during the day if it is only protien...I did this 3 days the past week at functions at work...and YES it IS better to have some cheese and a strawberry instead of chocolate cake and fried chicken, but it is OFF my Medifast plan....so, Friday I started back on being "rigorously honest" and remembering that this is to literally "save my life".....I am off my blood pressure meds and NOT prediabetic...thanks to Medifast and the support from right here!! Thanks to all for that...have a great day...Lisa

5/28/04
286/252/150
bear45
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » August 22nd, 2004, 1:37 pm

Lois,

BRAVO for making it to the 40 lb club! Hope I make it this next weigh in too!

Lisa,

This is a miracle product isn't it? I've not tried the modified plan because I want this weight off as quickly as possible and don't want the temptation. As for the roughage, seems a good idea to have a salad as Nancy recommends. I've just gotten 2 cases of the MF comfort and well-being for women shakes which are helpful for regularity and have an appetite suppressant too. I'm gonna try that for a while to see if that provides the fiber.

Here's to our success! :toast:

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby Lois » August 23rd, 2004, 8:49 am

DAY 5 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Hi everyone,

Thank you SOOoooo much for your words of support cheering me on! What a blessing all of you are to me!

I've done my yoga for today, and I'm feeling great. It is getting easier to stick with the full fast now that I have been on it for a few days....if I get hungry in the evening, I just add a 6th shake.

Yesteday I spent the day with my parents, who were VERY excited and impressed by my 40 pound loss, so far. Best of all, I was NOT embarassed to get in the pool and play with my kids. There have been times, over the years, when shame concerning my weight kept me from putting on a bathing suit and having fun with my children....and that is TRAGIC!!! Those days, my friends, are GONE!!!!!

I am SO glad that my 100DC is helping others to "get serious". It is SOOOOooo easy to cheat in "little ways"....but we are only fooling ourselves. When I was waddling around at 230 pounds, I sure wasn't fooling anyone else!!!!!!

Lisa...go for it, girl 8)

Camille...here's to those 40 pounds :toast:

Nancy...thanks for always being such a great cheerleader :yippee:

Love and hugs to EVERYONE :heart: :heart: :heart:

Lois
Lois

Postby Sylvia » August 23rd, 2004, 9:01 am

Lois,

Your renewed commitment is very motivating! I'm so happy for you that you're back in a bathing suit. I't such a good feeling isn't it.

I'm getting ready to go on vacation next week and have just started putting clothes aside. Since we'll be going to the beach - very casual - I'm primarily taking a few pairs of shorts and some t-shirts. How different than in the past when I wouldn't bring shorts to the beach at all!

Keep updating us as the days go by. I really think your updates are helping many stay on the straight and narrow.

Sylvia
Sylvia

Postby Nancy » August 23rd, 2004, 9:18 am

Ahh, LEAN Lois...

:cleader: Please enjoy 6 Medifast Meals per day on the complete fast - especially if you are having the 55s and are exercising most every day. You need that 6th meal.

Slender slips through the water easier than fat, eh? :thumbup:

:star: :star: So happy for you all - Lois, you go girl! You are helping others to get their rears in gear and do it, too! :star: :star:

2004 is the year you released your flab and entered The Thin Zone!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Lois » August 24th, 2004, 9:59 am

DAY 6 ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Hi Everyone,

Today I walked for 25 minutes in our neighborhood, and then did a little yoga to stretch and cool down.

I am happily "shakin' away" and feeling GREAT 8)

I cannot express in words how much encouragement I get from this board!

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Tomorrow we're leaving early in the morning for a day trip....and won't be home 'til late, so I'll "check in" on Thursday and give my "DAY 7" report then.

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby Nancy » August 25th, 2004, 3:50 pm

Have fun on your Day Trip, Lois - she's a Day Tripper, Folks!

I was away myself for a day and half and returned home minus a pound!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Lois » August 26th, 2004, 8:51 am

DAYS 7 and 8

Howdy-doodie, everyone! Uh, oh! You KNOW you're a forum junkie when you start sounding like NANCY :lol:

Yesterday was #7 and today is #8. Yesterday was a yoga day, and then we spent the rest of the day and evening with my parents....swimming! Oh the JOY of putting on a bathing suit without humiliation, and playing in the water with my kids 8) 8) 8)

Today I went for a brisk 25 minute walk, followed by a little yoga to stretch and cool down. I am drinking my WATER here at my computer :angel: and getting ready to go downstairs and whip up a shake.

I just have to tell you how much BETTER I FEEL now that I am 40 pounds lighter than I was on June 1st! My back no longer aches, I no longer have chronic joint pain in my hips, I am sleeping more soundly (except for getting up to pee in the night due to all the WATER I drink ;) ), I am no longer short of breath when doing regular activities, and the heat and humidity of summer in Philadelphia is much easier to tolerate! Plus I just FEEL SO MUCH BETTER ABOUT MYSELF 8)

MF is WORTH it, folks!!!!! It is not "easy" in that it takes committment, the willingness to stick with it in the long haul, and (for me at least) the support of this wonderful forum. But it is "simple" in that it is easy to follow, and best of all, you are guaranteed RESULTS!!!!

BIG hugs to all of my shakin' buddies....have a GREAT day 8) 8) 8)

Lois
Lois

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » August 26th, 2004, 1:22 pm

Lois,

Boy I know whatcha mean about feeling better without that 40 pounds! I too have lost that much since June, and it's amazing how uncomfortable I used to be - knees, back, feet... My body is loving this MF diet and swimming again too! Makes you feel like a big kid, doesn't it? Opps, I mean skinnier kid. Congratulations on being soooo good! :toast:

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby Lois » August 27th, 2004, 10:05 am

DAY 9 :shock:

Hi Everyone,

Yep, it's been NINE DAYS already....time flies ;) Tomorrow I'll be 1/10th of the way through my 100 Day Challenge.

I'm getting MUCH better at not even THINKING about the scale....just drinkin' my water, slurping my shakes, exercising, and keeping my eyes on the prize 8) 8) 8)

Today was a yoga day for me. It is AMAZING how much better I feel when I'm finished, compared to when I begin. When I first get on my mat, I feel like NOTHING it gonna stretch :shock: By the time I'm finished, my aches and pains are GONE :mrgreen:

Hope you all are having a great day!

hugs,

Lois
Lois

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room