Lois' CRAZY 100 day challenge!!!!!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

60 day

Postby Saa DMB 87 » August 31st, 2004, 12:15 pm

I am going to join this challenge with a 60 day challenge of my own!!
(My Birthday is october 29th)
:)
I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT.

SO can you Lois!!
Start - 175
Goal - 135

My birthday is October 29th
I will make my goal weight by Halloween
no more excuses.
time to work hard.
Saa DMB 87

Postby Nancy » August 31st, 2004, 4:23 pm

Hah!

Lois, I like the idea of the Warning...

don't know if any of you caught it but in one of my Newsletters I wrote about losing my pants while working in the yard last year in my old 'hugely baggies' (That's Mike's description for his former clothing that he out-shrunk) - I had a southerly exposure...right on NE 15th Street, Vancouver U.S.A. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Lois » September 1st, 2004, 8:11 am

DAY 14 :wavie:

Hello, my friends.

One of the most WONDERFUL things about this challenge is that I know some of you have come "on board" and set challenges of your own!!!!

GO FOR IT, everyone! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!

It has been SOOooooo helpful for me to post here EVERY day. It has also helped to establish a ROUTINE: I exercise FIRST THING every morning. SO excuses, and NO putting it off 'til later.

It takes a high level of committment to lose weight....but it is SO worth it! I feel great physically, and I feel so much better about myself.

Also....success breeds more success! Once I achieved some weight loss and a certain number of days of compliance to the program, I lost my DESIRE to go off the program....honest! It's like I've come THIS far....why screw it all up NOW????:hammerhead:

No one ever said this was gonna be easy....and those who have lost HUGE amounts of weight and are KEEPING IT OFF (like Nancy and Mike) are DAILY using the SAME discipline that they needed to reach their goal.

We can do this if we stop making excuses, reach out for the support offered on this forum, and follow the program.

I told my husband last night that I am SO GLAD I WILL NEVER HAVE TO LOSE WEIGHT AGAIN!!! This is IT. Why put off health and happiness any longer???????

Whew!

Back to DAY 14 ;).......Today I went out for a 30 minute walk in my neighborhood and followed it up with a little yoga. I'm halfway through my "morning water" as I write :angel:

My daily routine....

Prayer

Get my first 32 oz. bottle of water ready and put it in the 'fridge(...it should be EMPTY by noon! Where I go, IT goes!)

Have my first shake

Exercise...alternating walking and yoga each day

Lunch is a MF creamy soup made with bullion with a few chopped veggies

Get my afternoon 32 oz. of water ready....drink it by dinnertime!

Afternoon shake

Dinner is another MF creamy soup with bullion and veggies

Evening MF is either a shake or my MF popsicles....if I'm hungry later on, I add a 6th shake.

THAT''S IT!!!!!! And you know what? It WORKS! I've been able to do this for two weeks...even while traveling and maintaining a very BUSY schedule. If I can do it, YOU CAN TOO!!!!!!

love and hugs,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » September 1st, 2004, 11:21 am

:kool:

You ROCK, Lois!

You got it!

You really got it this time - knocking it into the old brain with the hammer worked! :hammerhead:

DAILY being consistent, Daily drinking water, Daily eating on time, DAILY, DAILY, DAILY, DAY in DAY out...doing the right things gets ya to your goal and then you can stay there...DAILY doin' the right things. every dang daily day...
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Lois » September 2nd, 2004, 2:24 pm

DAY 15 8)

Hello, everyone.

Today was a "yoga day" for me. Then I drank my shake, filled my water bottle, and headed out to do "back to school" shopping with my 14 year old daughter, Essie. We had a great time. I knew we'd be out 'til at least 2pm, so I brought along a frozen RTD ;)

Here's my little trick. I keep my RTDs in the freezer....that way, when I'm on the go, I can just grab one and run. It thaws as the day goes on, and is still cold and ready to enjoy several hours later. If you're traveling with raw veggies, the frozen RTDs "double" as an ice pack in the cooler 8)

When I got home, I had my third shake. Tonite I'll have MF creamy soup w/ veggies for dinner, and then my nightly MF popsicles ;)

I hope everyone is having a great shakin' day!

hugs,

Lois

P.S. Shopping is WAY easier when you're not carring 40 extra pounds.....and when I occaisionally caught sight of myself in a window or mirror, I actually LIKED what I saw 8)
Lois

Postby explorthis » September 2nd, 2004, 2:47 pm

Shopping is WAY easier when you're not carring 40 extra pounds.....and when I occaisionally caught sight of myself in a window or mirror, I actually LIKED what I saw

OK - this made me smile big!!!

It's a different life folks. Thin is in, and like that money saying: Money does not buy happiness, are only for those that have never had it.

STILL every time I see a mirror, I say Dang is that really me?.... EVERY-TIME!

Like Gerald says, are we having F-U-N yet?

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DutchChoc » September 2nd, 2004, 4:25 pm

Hi, Barry, I'll have to "look" for the PM because I hadn't seen it yet; likewise, I missed this part of the thread until now. I'll check immediately and thanks for pointing it out. Well, "your day" is coming right up, my dear!! You've had plenty of time to contemplate it, so you should be ready. Oddly, I was fairly ambivalent on my day #1; I was NOT at the end of my rope and I suppose, in fact, I was enjoying noshing. But, somehow I got really lucky and went through the paces past the forks in the road. This is day #45 I think -- leastwise, Sunday will complete seven weeks of shakes only. I'm still livin' and breathin' and suffering no effects. I'm sure you understand this as you've done it before.

Hey, Lois! Glad you're doing good and had some fun shopping. This really is "the good life" - just not being out of control.

:-P
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Lois » September 3rd, 2004, 10:55 am

DAY 16 ;)

Hello, friends,

Today I went out for a 25 minute walk, followed by YARDWORK ;) More yardwork tomorrow....but I'll do my YOGA as well :angel:

By the way, Nancy....I have followed your lead and wear a pair of my "hugely baggy" pants to do the yardwork. I just hope they don't end up around my ankles, too :oops: :roll: ;)

Had a really yummy MF soup for lunch today....Creamy Tomato with chopped zuchini, tomato, and herbs. Those MF creamy soups are great, and can be "dressed up" with all sorts of things for variety.

Have a great day everyone!

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby Nancy » September 3rd, 2004, 11:34 am

Lois ~

Wear suspenders or a belt because you are melting away... I did my 30 min walk and am heading out to trim, mow, rake and whatever else needs doing outside BECAUSE I CAN!

I often use the MF Cream of Brocc soup as a sauce over green or wax beans.

I cook the soup, micro half a bag of frozen green beans if there are no fresh ones available and then pour the Cream of Brocc over the beans, crush up a packet of the MF Multi-Grain crackers or the Vegetable Crackers and season to taste. It's delightful! :chef:

Folks, Lois is more than 2/3 of the way to establishing a HEALTHY HABIT.

As you know, most experts tell us that it takes 21 days to form a new habit or to break an old habit. She's been going strong - :weightlift: exercising, :water: drinking her H2O & :buddies: slurpin' her shakes faithfully for 16 days so far - she's on her way to Thinsville.

Her family is seeing LESS of her and she is enjoying it MORE!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Lois » September 4th, 2004, 10:12 am

DAY 17 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hi Everyone!

Well....today I did 3 HOURS of yardwork....NO BACKACHE, NO "I'm too fat to do this" feelings!!!!!!!!! NO breathlessness 8)

My wonderful husband and kids pitched in and the yard looks GREAT. Now I can relax and enjoy the beauty of fall in Philadelphia...in my own backyard ;)

I did my YOGA after the yardwork today, and then soaked in the tub. Aaaaahhhh......

We are going to a picnic/birthday party this afternoon from 4 to 6. I'm bringing:

....a frozen RTD

....celery sticks

....a bottle of seltzer

....and a LAWN CHAIR so I don't have to SIT NEAR THE FOOD:shock:

I'll look forward to having 2 MF popsicles when I get home tonite. Thay are SUCH A TREAT 8) I have 4 in the freezer right now (2=1 shake)....vanilla cinnamon and chocolate almond. YUMMY!

Have a great day, everyone!!!!!!!!!!

hugs,

Lois

P.S. BTW Nancy, my "hugely baggies" did NOT fall down around my ankles today....BUT I think their days are numbered! Another ten pounds and there's NO WAY those puppies are gonna stay where they belong :roll:
Lois

Postby Lois » September 5th, 2004, 12:30 pm

DAY 18 :-P

Hi everyone,

Well, things went GREAT at the picnic last night. As you know, I went prepared with celery, RTD, seltzer and lawn chair ;)

They had a really nice undressed salad....chopped lettuce, cukes, onion and tomato....so I had salad instead of my celery, plus my seltzer (there were only sugary drinks provided) and my yummy frozen RTD, which I ate from the carton with a spoon like ice cream 8) I did not feel "deprived" even one little bit!!!

Today I walked for 25 minutes, and will do a little yoga when I'm finished here.....

I am enjoying my 3 shakes and 2 soups a day....MF is the BEST 8)

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 5th, 2004, 11:30 pm

Lois,

Next time I have to go to a food social event, I'm gonna remember your post above. You just sailed through like it was a breeze. Thanks for sharing that, and I can tell by your words that you are feeling terrific and looking great. I'm still with you here at the challenge swimming, pilating, walking, and shaking. I agree that MF is DA BEST!!!! WHERE has it been all my life!

Your MF Pal,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby Lois » September 6th, 2004, 6:54 am

DAY 19 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wow, 19 days already!!!!! Pretty soon I'll be at DAY 25 and 1/4 of the way through my 100 Day Challenge!!!!! Time sure flies when you're slurpin' your shakes ;)

Camille, I KNOW you are doin' GREAT! Keep up the excellent work
:thumbup:

Today was a YOGA DAY for me, and boy, did it ever feel GOOD! There are poses I can do now that I couldn't do before because my stomach, butt, or thighs were in the way!!!!! :roll:

I'm visiting my parents today in Northeastern Pa, so I'll be bringing my shakes and creamy soups with me. They have a HUGE veggie garden, so I'll be having something WONDERFUL today, like homegrown green beans, lettuce, tomatoes.....YUMMY :mrgreen:

Have a great shakin' day, everyone!

hugs :heart: :heart: :heart:

Lois
Lois

Day 2

Postby Bseaton » September 6th, 2004, 8:48 am

I made it through the 1st day again and it was hard but i made it. We went to blockbuster video last night and even the popcorn looked good. I bought my wife some candy that she wanted which is not one i would normally would eat but that was also tempting. We got home and watched movies with my wife eating on my left and my son eating hot dogs on my right. It felt good this morning knowing i did not give in and the scale had actually moved down and its only my 2nd day.
Barry Seaton

1/01/04
247/210/170
Bseaton
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby DutchChoc » September 6th, 2004, 9:00 am

Yeah, Barry and Lois! The challenges go through phases of being difficult and not difficult, like riding a wave. Glad you're both on top! I do have empathy for "eating to the left of me and eating to the right". I find myself in the same predicaments, but it's working to my advantage and it's what I want. Food is not the main subject for me and I can almost depersonalize it and overlook it. I don't always expect it to be this way, but I'm enjoying the relative peace I feel for the time it lasts.
Take care and keep being strong.

:yes:
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room