Lois' 100 Day Challenge...PART 2

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby Lois » September 18th, 2004, 12:10 pm

DAY 31 :exercise: :exercise: :exercise:

Hello, my wonderful shakin' friends 8)

Yes, today is day#31.....can you believe it? Before too long, I'll pass the halfway point in my 100 day challenge!!! WoooHoooo!!!

Yes, Nancy....isn't it WONDERFUL how our new and healthy lifestyle begins to "rub off" on the people we love? Once I'm eating food again, THINGS ARE GONNA BE SOOOOO DIFFERENT AROUND HERE!!!! OUT with the junk food and IN with the GOOD FOOD! :angel:

And.....MORE EXERCISE TOGETHER, as a family :stroll: :stroll: :stroll:

Just last Saturday, my husband had a "bike clinic" in our yard...teaching the kids how to repair and maintain their bikes while fixing all our family bikes, filling tires with air, etc. We can now go one bike rides together as a family, since we ALL have a working bike :D (Tony's bike has a little seat for Eli, our precious little autistic 7 year old....Eli LOVES riding with his Daddy!!!) The fall weather in philly is GREAT for bike riding, and we have some WONDERFUL parks and trails.

I am SOOOOoooo thankful to God anf MF that I'll be able to do this with my family this fall! Last year, at 230 pounds, there was NO WAY I could go biking with my kids!

Today was a YOGA day for me ;) Good thing, too, because the tail end of hurricaine Ivan hit Philly last night, and the rain is coming down in sheets :shock: It's very windy, too....almost (but not quite) windy enough to blow little shrinking me away! ;)

Have a WONDERFUL day, everyone....and my prayers are with all of you you have made it through the worst of these storms!

love and hugs,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » September 18th, 2004, 2:18 pm

I'm so very proud of you. You made a choice, made a commitment and you're stickin' to it - that's how ya get the job done.
;)
How fun to bike with the family this year, Lois. Because YOU can, eh?

I have a very old blue Schwinn bike from the fifties, big old handle bars, no gears but 'go', foot breaks and is complete with a wire basket.

Unca calls it my 'witch bike' because it reminds him of the wicked witch's vehicle on the old Wizard of Oz movie.

I think he is secretly jealous - he has a mountain bike. He may be able to ride like the wind and easily climb the hills around here but he does NOT have a basket in which to place carefully collected fall leaves and little treasures from garage sales in our neighborhood!

Pedal Power! :nutz:

How cool of your husband to have a bike clinic for your kids!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Lois » September 19th, 2004, 1:20 pm

DAY 32 :bounce:

Hi Everyone,

Today I went for a 25 minute walk with my hubby in the neighborhood 8) I am truely enjoying my shakes, soups, and MF popscicles!!! Now that the weather is getting cooler, I'm enjoying some of my shakes warm...in coffee or teaa. The creamy soups really take the chill of, too!

This afternoon, we dropped off my oldest son at Drexel University for his freshman year of college!!!! i don't feel OLD enough to have a kid in college :shock: :shock: :shock:

It's exciting to think of what an amazing time of life he's about to enter...years that are really the beginning of learning how to be an adult and make your way in the world.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

hugs :heart:

Lois
Lois

Postby DutchChoc » September 19th, 2004, 5:00 pm

Hi, Lois. You're doing great, and just SO close to being a third done already -- well, "done" in the loose sense of this particular challenge of yours, anyway. Maybe you almost wish it wouldn't end because of the sense of empowerment that one gets just by succeeding at such an effort.

Wish I'd get my bike fixed, by the way. It only needs air, duh, and the others in my family have bikes and are ready to ride. Maybe since you mentioned it, I'll try to get the air by the end of the week, at least. It would've been a very nice, sunny weekend for spending more time outside.

Keep on truckin'.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Lois » September 20th, 2004, 8:17 am

DAY 33 8)

Hello, friends!

Today I am (as Dutch has pointed out) 1/3 of the way through my 100DC ;)

It is a BEAUTIFUL, crisp sunny fall day in Philadelphia! My FAVORITE time of year!

Nancy, I just LOVE the image of you riding that bike with the basket ;) Tell Unca he should get you some streamers for the handle bar grips! ....And Dutch...fill up those tires, girl!!!! :shock:

To day was a YOGA day for me, and it felt SOOoooooo good!

For breakfast, I had my Swiss Mocha "shake" in a cup of hot decaf coffee....yum!

This morning, I also tried on clothes that were too SMALL for me when I put them away last year....and now, most of them are too BIG :lol:

I have a BIG bag of clothes set aside for the thrift store, and a small stack of things that I like enough to have altered. I can hardly wait until I reach goal, and then my clothes will continue to fit year after year! What a concept :shock: !!!!!!!!!

hugs to all,

Lois
Lois

Postby Nancy » September 20th, 2004, 5:44 pm

Lois,

I just had a thought - when your son comes home for Thanksgiving and CHRISTmas, he'll hardly recognize you - you will be brand new!

What a glorious time that will be and you will be truly thankful that you are momentarily denying yourself now for the full pleasures of a healthy life that will be yours and the happy feelings of success that will be yours, too!

Shake, bike and stretch on, Dudette!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Lois » September 21st, 2004, 9:11 am

DAY 34 :-P :-P :-P

Hello, Everyone,

Today was a walking day for me....and a laundry day ;) I cleaned out ALL my drawers and closet, and got rid of EVERYTHING that is too big....3 trash bags full :shock: They are headin' to the thrift store tonight!!! (And believe me, some fat lady in Philly is gonna get some good stuff :roll: )

Then I got out SKINNY CLOTHES that I've had in storage, and washed all the stuff I still like and want to keep!

GOODBYE FAT CLOTHES, HELLO CUTE LITTLE SKINNY CLOTHES!!!:wavie:

Today I am wearing a jumper that is hemmed....*gasp*.....ABOVE my KNEES!!! 8)

As Gerald says...."Is this FUN or WHAT?"

Have a great shakin' day, my friends!

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » September 21st, 2004, 9:49 am

:shock:

Lois, you minx! I didn't know you had it in ya! LOL

You are doing WONDERFULLY!

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » September 21st, 2004, 2:47 pm

Dear Slender Lois ~

How fun for you to haul those bags outta there - it feels so good, doesn't it? I hauled out a bag each week - I took them to church and passed them on to others.

What a great find those fat ladies will have when they discover your clothes, Lois. Too bad they don't know about Medifast and my website, eh?

You are really getting it together Girl!

xxxoo
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby DutchChoc » September 21st, 2004, 4:33 pm

Dear Lois,

Congrats to you for doing your work in the closets and for being able to pull out the smaller clothes and get them ready to wear. I did the same and feel so much better organized now -- the hangers aren't criss-crossed like they were, etc. This is just the beginning of the "above the knee" for you! It's fun to be a bit more daring than we're used to being. I was looking more for the things that fit again than for the things that might be too big, so I didn't do much of a "culling" yet. Went from at least half in there that had been too small to finding only a handful of things that are still small. I'm working hard to try to look like "more" when I go out or to work, simply because I feel enough better about things and about myself to think it's possible.

You're into the second trimester now., which means time must really be flying by. Soon I'll have two calendar months and then some under my belt. Thanks for the news of your day!
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Lois » September 22nd, 2004, 9:00 am

Day 35 8)

Hello, Friends!

Thanks so much for your posts...they are fun to read and VERY encouraging :heart:

Today was a YOGA day for me. I am finding that I love my "every other day" exercise routine of yoga and walking. I find myself looking forward to TODAY'S exercise 'cause I did the OTHER one yesterday!

Also...the "exercise every day....NO EXCUSES" part of this challenge has become second nature to me now, just like Nancy said it would ;) Even if I'm tired, it's raining, or I have to get up extra early to get it in....SKIPPING is not an option. It's a HABIT now...a GOOD one...and I intend to keep it. This 100DC and the awesome support of this forum has made it possible 8)

Have a great day, everyone!

love and grateful hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 22nd, 2004, 10:45 am

Lois,

So great to see your progress and attitude. Thank YOU!!! :hug:

I used to do Yoga in college and loved it because it also exercises the MIND! It's such a good way to train your mind to keep centered. I'm strengthening my core body - back and limbs through Pilates now which is controlled movement like Yoga and it's doing the job. Perhaps I will get back into Yoga one day soon. Keep up the good work Sweetie.

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby Lois » September 23rd, 2004, 9:05 am

DAY 36 :jumprope:

Hello, Friends!

I JOINED THE 50 POUND CLUB TODAY!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Now THAT's something to sing about :buddies:

I decided to step on the scale this morning because I was SOOOoooo close to the 50 pound mark when I last weighed in on DAY 26.

Now I'm gonna be a good kid and stay off the scale until DAY 51 :angel:

Today was a WALKING DAY for me.....it is SOOOooooo good to get out into the fresh air and sunshine. It's good for my body AND my soul!!!!

Camille, you are so right about yoga. It is for the mind and body, as well. Maybe that's why these two forms of exercise (yoga and walking) are working so well for me. No matter how I am feeling when I start exercising, I always feel EVEN BETTER afterwards....more energized, centered, and ready to take on the day.

You are also doing GREAT, Camille. Keep up the awesome work! I bet we'll reach our goals around the same time :stroll:

Have a WONDERFUL day everyone!

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby explorthis » September 23rd, 2004, 9:16 am

FIVE-O Book 'em Dano!

Lois, I am so proud. What a great accomplishment, you go, and keep going, there is light at the end of your tunnel!!!

C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S!!

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby elle4nelly » September 23rd, 2004, 10:01 am

ROCK ON LOIS!!!!!!!!!

YOU REALLY ROCK!!
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

PreviousNext