Lois' 100 Day Challenge...PART 2

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 23rd, 2004, 11:04 am

:cheers: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cheers:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! You're in the Nifty Fifty!!!!!!

Lois, you're simply motivating - it's infectious. Thank you!

Yea, let's lose it together!!!! :lol:
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » September 23rd, 2004, 2:57 pm

What an awesome day!

50 Pounds!

That's 200 cubes of butter, Cutie!

I think you should be sending out GIRTH announcements to your friends and family!

Lois, you are establishing LIFE-long habits now that will ensure that you are healthier and skinnier than ever before!

I'll be doing the hula lula for you for sure! :exercise:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Lois » September 23rd, 2004, 5:44 pm

WOW!

What a response! THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! I am SOOoooo encouraged. We say we're a family around here, and it's TRUE!

I absolutely feel ALL of your love and support backing me up, and it has made the difference for me.

love and HUGS (you too, Mike ;) )

Lois
Lois

Postby Lois » September 24th, 2004, 8:56 am

DAY 37 :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer:

Hello, my shakin' friends!

Today was a YOGA DAY for me. I have a nice QUIET day at home alone today....what a LUXURY!!! I slept late, did my yoga, and plan to just R*E*L*A*X today. I teach a three hour class at the seminary tonite, and another one tomorrow morning, so this is the calm before the storm ;)

One of the things that is happening in my life, thanks to MF, is that I am actually learning to take care of MYSELF!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I've been taking care of everyone ELSE for the past 2 1/2 decades. I think it's high time I include myself on my list of folks to care for!

Anyway...it feels GREAT to give myself permission to spend a day relaxing and doing things I love to do.

Life is too short to spend it stressed and constantly busy....don't ya think???? 8)

Have a great day everyone!

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby Nancy » September 24th, 2004, 1:30 pm

Lois,

Ah, serenity NOW! Aren't you just so slappy happy with yourself for making your 100 Day Challenge? It was in NO way Cwazy, was it?

It was exactly what you needed to do to help you get on the stick and to Medifast the right way. You have developed a routine; your body, soul and mind are happy and you will continue to eat healthy, exercise, work a little and enjoy all the rest of your days, never to go back to the formerly flabby lady you once were.

I was a lot like you (and many others on our Forum here) before Medifast - always giving, on the run, sleeping little, eating poorly, NOT exercising, etc. When my bod started to fall apart, I had a little chat with the Lord - or rather, He had one with me! I was not LIVING a balanced life - Oh, I knew all about it, talked it up BIG TIME to the women in my care groups and when I spoke at a retreat or workshop, just didn't do it!

Talk about conviction...

:coach: YOUNGER PEOPLE, now hear this:

Be balanced in all things! Ya need to have :snooze: some rest, :jumprope: some play, :bib: some good food and on occasion, WHEN you reach your goal weight and HAVE MAINTAINED it for a considerable while...have some :twisted: not-so-good-for-ya food, too!
Like Pie! :boing: Like Joseph Schmidt's truffles!, :weightlift: some hard work, you need to do good deeds - surprise people - be generous with your :bow: praise and :hug: thankfulness - it really isn't carpe diem - it ought to be seize the moment! Enjoy every moment God has given to you, all the more as you see the day drawing nigh... :rose:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby LongWay2go » September 24th, 2004, 3:05 pm

Lois, you're a CRAZY WOMAN!!! Wow, are you ever on fire! Keep it shakin', girl! What an inspiration you are to us all!

~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby TamiL » September 25th, 2004, 3:39 am

Lois
SOOOO proud of you!! your doing so great!! Jumpin up and down here...burning up some calories to celebrate for you!! :-P

Tami ;)
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Lois » September 25th, 2004, 11:10 am

DAY 38 :shock: :shock: :shock:

.....And goin' STRONG ;) ! THANK YOU, my wonderful friends, for your words of support and encouragement. At OA we have a saying "Together we can do what we could never do alone" and I feel like that TOTALLY applies to our little family here at MMT. I couldn't do this without you all!!!!! HUGE thanks especially, to Nancy, Terri, and Unca, who make this comraderie possible :heart: :heart: :heart:

Today is a WALKING day for me....25 minutes with my hubby around the neighborhood :stroll:

Two more days until DAY 40.....................and then only 10 more days 'til DAY 50 :shock: WooooHoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love and hugs to all you skinny minnies out there ;)

Lois
Lois

Postby smartiegrrl » September 25th, 2004, 1:15 pm

Congrats to you Lois. You are doing a fantasic job! *hugs*
~sg

(6/26/06) 230/225/130
smartiegrrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Lois » September 26th, 2004, 8:15 am

DAY 39 8)

YOGA today........

Last night we hosted a little neighborhood BBQ. I "manned" the grill, made a BIG salad, and really enjoyed visiting with my neighbors. The best part: FOOD was NOT the main attraction. Friendship and conversation were. That is SUCH a shift for me. Gatherings were always about the food. Last night, I didn't feel deprived or sorry for myself....I just felt GRATEFUL ;)

Hope you all have a wonderful day.....

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby Lois » September 27th, 2004, 6:11 am

DAY 40 :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Hello, my shakin' friends!

Today I went out for a brisk 25 minute walk in the neighborhood.

I was thinking, while walking, about how GOOD it feels to MOVE MY BODY. Exercise is one of those things that when you do it REGULARLY, you want to KEEP ON doin' it....but when you stop, it's so easy to just stay STOPPED.

I think that's one of the reasons that this 100DC has been so good for me. The exercise piece is NON-NEGOTIABLE, and so I formed the HABIT of exercising EVERY day....and now I don't WANT to stop 8)

ANOTHER VICTORY: I can be alone in the house with homemade chocolate chip cookies :shock: :shock: :shock:

I baked a double batch yesterday....half for my son who is in college, and half for the rest of the family. I chewed some sugar free gum while I baked and didn't take a SINGLE lick or taste :angel:

After getting Josiah's batch boxed up and putting the rest in a Tupperware container.....I haven't even LOOKED at 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This morning, as I was getting my MF ready to pour into a mug of decaf coffee, I glanced at the container of cookies on the counter and realized that NEVER until now would those cookies be SAFE ALONE IN THE HOUSE WITH ME :oops: :oops: :oops: I have eaten HEAPS of cookies, leftover cake, halloween candy, etc. while home alone....sometimes even lying to my family about its mysterious "disappearance" :oops: :oops: :oops:

BUT.......those days, my friends, are GONE FOR GOOD.

I looked those cookies in the eye today, smiled, and walked away.

It is so GOOD to be free.

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby elle4nelly » September 27th, 2004, 11:54 am

Go girllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!
You are bigger than a cookie!!!!!!!!

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby DutchChoc » September 27th, 2004, 7:02 pm

YEAH, Lois!! It's a good feeling to know that we aren't at every food's beck and call, huh? We are NOT slaves to foods -- no more!!

Congrats on your day 40. You're obviously reaping the rewards of a life "well lived". Keep it up!!

I know this could sound like a damper, but I can't resist saying to stay on your guard, however comfortable you feel around the goodies. Danger seems to be just a bite away. I co-exist with lots of treats, as though I have de-sensationalized them, but I know that I could still start scarfing like I've done in the past.

As for me on day #71, doing OK but have had an excruciatingly hungry day today. Those RTDs aren't helping me as much as the powder -- it's like a 2-for-1, alright, drink 2 and feel like I've had one.

So, the bad news is that I had a whopping 8 shakes today to avoid going off the deep end. I think I really considered it. I hope my tomorrow is better than today!!
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Lois » September 28th, 2004, 7:25 am

DAY 41 ;)

Hello, Friends!

Today was a GOOD day on the yoga mat 8)

Haven't even GLANCED at those you-know whats since yesterday :angel:

Hope you all have a WONDERFUL day.

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby Lois » September 29th, 2004, 6:35 am

DAY 42 ;)

Hi Everyone,

Today was a WALKING DAY for me. The neighborhood is so beautiful this time of year 8)

Hope you all have a WONDERFUL day.....

hugs,

Lois
Lois

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room