100,100,100,100,100,100,100,100 ONE HUNDRED!!!!

Need a lift? Drop in to see some of our most popular posts.

100,100,100,100,100,100,100,100 ONE HUNDRED!!!!

Postby explorthis » January 12th, 2004, 9:59 am

I wanted to let you know, as I post quite frequently, I have reached 100# of weight loss. It has taken me 15,456 days (42 years, and a few months) to finally reach a comfortable weight. If you know me, you know I began at 337 pounds on 9/8/03. Saturday marked 124 days of Medifast. I had been on as many diets, and weight loss programs, fast’s as there are calendar days. Call it what you will, but I was always FAT my entire life. Saturday I was at 237. I have gone from a 50 inch waist (actually squeezed into a 48 tightly) to a loose 40 inch. I don’t know what my real “finished” goal is. I am suspecting about 220-230. I want to comfortably fit into a 38” waist. Sometime in my high school years I was in a 38” waist, Levi’s 501 button fly. This was about 1976. Don’t ask me why, but I KEPT all of these 501’s. (Anyone else have their slim clothes?) I have about 10-15 pair, all 36 and 38 inch waist. Funny, I knew sometime in my life I would lose weight, and maybe fit into these. I am in them, but they are still a bit snug. I plan on getting into these very soon, and having them fit perfectly. Do grown 42 year old men wear 501 button fly 501's - I will!!!

All the websites I visit, all the books and articles I have read say my optimal weight (makes me laugh) at 6’4” (slouching I am 6’3”) should be 198 pounds max. If a heavy wind came up, I would blow away. 198? Beats me, I could see it, but I think 220 is more than adequate. I have never been (that I could remember) 198. Maybe I was 198 at birth?!?!

Medifast is an orgasmic life changing program. I am living proof that it works. Read my posts, you will see my struggles (Ta-killa-Saturday – you remember) my successes, my fun, my pain. No more am I in pain. Nancy regale’s more than on a regular occasion “NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS” A-M-E-N. Say it again: “NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS” This is so true. When I walk now, I am lighter on my feet. When I do household chores like mowing the lawns, or washing the cars, I no longer have to take a “during” break. When I RUN up the stairs at work (which I do intentionally now) I no longer pant. My 13 year old daughter weighs 98 pounds I have lost her. My 2-1/2 year old daughter (and you Mom’s with babies will understand this) weighs 33 pounds – I have lost 3 of her. Carrying just her as “dead” weight, when she does not assist is a burden for me, I have taught her to sit on my shoulders like a piggy back ride, to ease the load; even carrying her for a few minutes on my shoulders is hard. 33 pounds is a lot of weight – I have lost THREE of her. Amazing what our bodies can withstand.

Be true to Medifast. The reason we are here is for support, loss, and friendship. We all need each other. We need to be accountable for our actions. We need to be responsible for ourselves. I only decided to do Medifast because my Mom found it. I was assured it was another fad diet. She talked about ordering, I said “uh huh sure” as I was sure it was another waste of my money. I ordered, it showed – I panicked. $265 I paid for a month’s worth. Oh my GOD, now what? I had to at least try it. Well 126 days later I am living proof that it works. I will be a Medifast supporter for life.

Listen to Nancy, listen to Tim, they are a wealth of knowledge. What they say is GOSPEL!

Medifast works I PROMISE!

Stats:

Today is day 126 for me on the 90-95% full fast (I deviated a bit during the final stages).

I have lost 100# as of Saturday 1/10

Started 9/8/03 = 18 weeks = 5.6 pounds loss per week. This is .80 pounds per day.

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 12th, 2004, 10:58 am

Congrats Mike!!
What a fantastic accomplishment. You must feel wonderful and i'll bet your family sure enjoys seeing your metamorphosis.

We're pleased and honored to have you share your journey with us. I know it was a long, hard journey, but looking back it seems like just yesterday, huh?

Oh...and about those 70's 501's. Those are worth about a thousand bucks a pair to the Japanese.... :lol:

All the best to you and yours,

Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Jeanette » January 12th, 2004, 11:27 am

Holy CRAP! A Thousand bucks a pair??? Mike the Buyer, I bet you may not have those 501's much longer!!! :):):)

Congratulations again Mike!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

funny

Postby Jims Chick » January 12th, 2004, 12:14 pm

You are awesome Mike.....
I had to laugh out loud when you were talking about your skinny clothes :lol: . I have some size 5 skirts in my closet that fit about one of my thighs. I recently gave some of my old jeans to one of my co-workers 12 year old daughters. Do I really want to be able to wear those things again....yes. But am I going to pull a 10 year old skirt out of the closet to put on when I can...probably not. Seem's like a strange thing...but most of us do it :nutz:
Congrats on your big loss!! You're still my inspiration...you make me want to keep chuggin' the shakes :toast:
Julie
"I can do all things through Christ"

Start Date: January 10, 2004
243.5 / 218 / 140
25.5 pounds gone forever
Jims Chick
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby susan » January 12th, 2004, 1:24 pm

MIKE,
YOU ARE REALLY FANTASTIC. YOU HAVE REALLY GAVE ME INSPIRATION TO KEEP GOING.I HAD A GOAL OF 106# TO LOSE AND THE 37# I HAVE LOST I HAVE 69# TO GO. AND I WILL BE AT 125# HOPEFULLY BY WARM WEATHER . 231/194/125 .
JUST KEEP POSTING FOR ALL OF US
SUSAN.
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Maggie » January 12th, 2004, 1:29 pm

Time for me to chime in Mike.......or as you like to say, "put in my two cents worth". What you have accomplished is so inspiring to me. I have only 65 lbs. to go to reach my 'first 100 lb. loss'. When that happens, then I will start on my second 100 lb. loss. To some that would seem like an unattainable goal. But I know it can happen because you have blazed the trail for us. I agree with Unca Tim. Those 15 pair of 501's represent a small fortune. Good thing you saved them. At todays's prices you would be broke if you had to buy 15 pair of new jeans now. You are constantly inspiring me with your observations. The 33 lb. weight of your daughter is an example. I couldn't even drag 200 lbs. But every day I expect my body to carry it. No wonder it is complaining. Stay tuned.......By summer I should be announcing my 100 lb. loss. Again, congratulations. Maggie
Maggie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Mike Rocks!

Postby Debby » January 12th, 2004, 5:04 pm

Dear Mike!

You are my hero! Just think about what a H U G E ackomplishment 124 days on Medifast is!!! Not to mention the 100 P O U N D S!!!!!! You not only inspire me to make it to day 18 (tomorrow) but most importantly you let us all know that we too can do it!

Congratulations and take care!
Debby
Debby
Debby

Postby Marci » January 12th, 2004, 7:41 pm

Wooooo Hooooo Mike :cleader:

You are such an inspiration to all of us! Good Job!!

I am expecting my 'fresh' order of shakes tomorrow (what I had on hand was old) and am thinking of going full fast for awhile.

This is my third try at posting a reply to you so I'm not gonna say much incase I loose it AGAIN!

Congrats Mike! YOU ARE THE MAN!! :bow:
Marci
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Kimbob » January 16th, 2004, 8:39 pm

Tears were in my eyes when I read your post, Mike.

I've already told you what a phenonemal inspiration you are to me. Congratulations, and thank you! You are changing your life, and you are changing others', too. You are impacting your family, your friends, and now even strangers.

I hope that you will stick with this board even after you reach goal, because along with our fearless leaders, you are a mentor to many.

Kimbob the Wowed
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Return to The Elevator