Musings And Thoughts: The Second Hundred Days

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby 24KaratGold » June 16th, 2005, 1:59 pm

Argh! We just had an earthquake -- I HATE it when that happens!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » June 16th, 2005, 2:23 pm

24k,

I bet you hate when that happens. I don't know what I would do....I think I would freak out a bit......

Hang in there and stay near a doorway!!??? At least that is what I thought I heard you are supposed to do.....

We only get tornados in my neck of the woods.....and they are pretty rare...

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby kassilou » June 16th, 2005, 3:29 pm

How close are you to the center of it? USGS says it was a 5.3. How damaging is that?
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou

Postby Unca_Tim » June 16th, 2005, 3:46 pm

yikes 24K!! :redhead:

You're not shakin' your Medifast too hard are you?
:laughlaugh:

Hope all is well,
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

so cal

Postby oregonrose » June 16th, 2005, 3:57 pm

so- where do you live? I grew up in Pasadena and will be traveling to stay with DH sister in Glendora for a week-- driving-- leaving on Sat! should we hope for a little shaker for the kids while we are there? hope nothing broke, as I recall californians are a pretty blase bunch when it comes to earthquakes. I would not, however, look at any un-reinforced brick houses when we were buying up here in Portland! HA keeeeep shakin, nancy
Knowledge is power
oregonrose
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby czavadil » June 16th, 2005, 4:38 pm

Hey! How did you like that earthquake. I was on the fifth floor of our building. I wonder how many earthquakes I have been in over my lifetime, since I am a native Californian.
This will have been my daughter's first earthquake that I am assuming she felt. How exciting!
Actually one of the girls here went running out of the building ... she is new to California. She was OUTTA HERE! Honestly, I don't know if she came back or not.
Bummer about your suit. But good for you! I hope your new job is going well. Do you work here in Southern California? I work in a law office in Newport Beach.
I love reading your posts. They are very encouraging. I appreciate your personal sharing and insight.
Charlotte
June 14, 2005
230/210/150

czavadil
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby czavadil » June 16th, 2005, 4:43 pm

Regarding the earthquake, I am sure damage was minimal. It was centered out in between Big Bear Mountain and the desert. Not a highly populated area. But last I heard, the 5.2 was felt over 100 miles away in San Diego!
Just another earthquake here in California! Break out the surfboards! :mrgreen:
Charlotte
June 14, 2005
230/210/150

czavadil
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » June 16th, 2005, 9:22 pm

Maura, actually if it looks like it's going to be a good one, you want to be under something sturdy that will keep things from falling on you. I rode out most of the 1994 Northridge quake, and subsequent aftershocks, on the bottom bunk of one of my kids' bunkbeds, with all five of us huddled there.

Kassilou, it's been downgraded now to a 4.9, and it was about 70 miles east of LA civic center, so probably 80 miles from where I was at my office in Encino. It didn't hit us hard, but it was noticeable!

Gee Unc., I was having my minestrone soup!

Nancy, I live near the Rose Bowl, so we'll be breathin' the same air while you're here.

Charlotte, I work in a law office in Encino. I just started there in early May; before that I worked in Glendale. Some days, with the commute, I wish I still did!

Thanks for the responses!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold

Postby Nancy » June 16th, 2005, 10:04 pm

Take care down there and you, too, Nance (Oregon Rose) on your vacation!

I'd be having a case of the screaming meemies if I were there! The Spring Break Quake in Portland freaked us out...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

earthquakes as entertainment

Postby oregonrose » June 16th, 2005, 10:17 pm

Im almost embarassed to tell you this but as long as the house isnt falling down we kind of enjoy them. I remember in the Northridge quake, (we lived in Pasadena at the time-- not toooo close to the epicenter) we got the kids and everybody safe in the hallway and then when it was over we watched the pool sloshing side to side and tossing water out of the pool. what gets me is the many aftershocks-- they can fray the nerves after a while. (Not meant to offend or make lite of people getting hurt or anything) of course we had to pry the dog out of the closet he was so freaked! take care everybody and I'll try to check in on sunday. keep shakkkkkiiiinnnn! nancy :drive:
Knowledge is power
oregonrose
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » June 22nd, 2005, 8:27 am

Argh. Well, I said I'd be going crazy this week....

A week ago yesterday my scale was at 201. On Sunday it was 200.5. Today it is . . . 200.5. Yes I've stayed on program (except for two hard boiled eggs, as explained below), yes I'm drinking my water.

In the last month it seems that I'm staying at the same weight, or within a pound of it, for fourteen days or so, then showing a decent loss (it was 207, 207, 202, 200.5 in the last four weeks), then stalling again.

And when I started MFing, I was pretty sure that I was at that time of life when an older woman's body changes again. I hadn't had a "real" time-of-the-month in at least six months, maybe more, I don't recall exactly. They've resumed, in full force, since I started losing weight. In my youth I was so regular you could set a calendar by me -- 28 days on the money. I started on Monday of this week, and that was just three weeks after the start of my last one. I suspect it is this which is stalling my weight loss, since it tracks with my previous stall.

Plus, in the couple of days before I start, I get ravenously hungry. It used to be the time when I wanted something with salt and grease -- potato chips or popcorn or such. I managed to avoid all that, but this past weekend, dealing with it, I went off-program to the tune of two hard-boiled eggs, which I substituted for one Medifast meal. I was really craving the silly eggs. I'm inclined to believe, however, that two hard boiled eggs over this past weekend are NOT responsible for being stuck at 200-201 for eight or nine days now.

I am NOT a happy girl. I can only hope that once Aunt Flo leaves this time, she again takes several pounds with her. Good heavens, people, I am 48 years old; I should be past this!!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold

Postby joysea » June 22nd, 2005, 10:17 am

24K~
According to the latest post from Nancy, eggs are okay as a lean and green - so that's not it.

I am 54 and can remember the ebb and "flow" of the perimenopausal "period."

That said, I am taking Nancy's advice and deleting the bars for now. I had been stuck for about 9 weeks in the same 140's with constant cravings from the sugar demon. I eliminated the bars, got in the 130's and am on my way to my goal of 125.

I didn't think I could do it. I kept telling myself that I couldn't give up the one really pleasurable food per day that I so looked forward to, but now that I have done it, I am feeling so much better. More motivated, less cravings, and moving scale!!!

Try it for a week, see what happens.

Joyce
Joyce

Highest Weight 198//166.3/130
joysea
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby doglover » June 22nd, 2005, 10:54 am

Oh 24k. I hate to tell you I am in the same boat. Stuck shmuck! I wish I could say I am being 100% compliant, but not really. And I had thought I'd give up the bars this week and just couldn't due to my hectic schedule and needing something quick!

Anyway, good luck and just wanted to say - I'm right here with ya!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » June 22nd, 2005, 12:19 pm

Can I join the club....well actually I don't want to, but I have to say I am in the same spot as you 24k and Donna....

I cannot get in that 60 pound club for the life of me. I looked back at my weighins over the last 3 weeks, and I have been tossing the same 3 pounds back and forth for 3 weeks.....aaargh!!! :x

I know that I was at this weight in my past for quite awhile, and I hear that plateaus happen at "comfortable" weights, but I'm the same as you, compliant as ever and I just can't shake it.

I have upped my water, and I rarely eat the bars anyway, I actually went full fast for 2 days to see if that would shake something loose, and of course it didn't.

So unfortunately we are all in the "stuck shmuck" as Donna says. And I know I'm darn tired of it....

Hang in there, maybe the medi-gods will see us suffering and offer up a few pound loss!!! Heres hoping....

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LuzInIt » June 22nd, 2005, 2:42 pm

Aw Girls - Let me offer up a big dose of encouragement, having just recently suffered a 15 day plateau myself. And even before that, what had been an average 4.5 a week loss slowed down to a 2-pound loss (or less :( ) for several weeks. Well, this past week I finally dropped 5.8 pounds and I'm on the losin' road again. So be encouraged - good things come to those who wait :D .
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room