Mellow Musings....

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Mellow Musings....

Postby mellowmom » May 17th, 2006, 12:27 am

I was sitting back and kind of thinking about the changes in my physical and mental well being since starting on Medifast two months ago.

What triggered it was I had lugged a big basket of clothes up from the laundry room to my upstairs bedroom and was pretty wiped by the time I got to the top of the stairs. So, i weighed the basket. It was 22 pounds. To date I've lost 44 pounds... twice as much as what that laundry basket weighed! No wonder I had felt so tired and achy and blah a couple of months ago.

I look back at how I felt at the end of March, before Medifast, and remember thinking I would never feel "good" again. I honestly didn't think it was possible. My stomach hurt everytime i ate a meal. And then the acid reflux felt like it was burning a hole in my chest. My knees were killing me. I couldn't walk more than a couple of blocks before my hips started to ache. I had absolutely no energy to do anything other than sleep and eat. Oh yeah, and my blood sugar was flying high up into the 200's!!

Worse than thinking I wouldn't last another year or two, was the realization that I wasn't so sure I wanted to last much longer feeling as washed out and miserable as I felt.

And then I discovered Medifast and this board and all you wonderfully supportive people and it's like being reborn. True there have been a few little hitches along the way...my battle with jerky and garlic fries, plateaus, teppan meals, and O.D. ing on jalapeno dill pickles...but you guys have seen me through all of them, and for that I am so very, very grateful.

So thank you all for saving me. I thank God He pointed me in your direction. You all are truly Angels here on Earth.

Thanks Again,
Carmel
Shaken AND Stirred
3/24/06
5'8" 334/213/165
Re-started 1/7/09
5'8" 325/165
mellowmom
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby thefinest » May 17th, 2006, 4:30 am

Dear Carmel,

I am so proud of you for undertaking this journey with us! You are doing so well! You just keep at it and pretty soon you'll have to lug up a 100lb laundry basket to compare to what you have lost! It will happen!! You are a great motivation to me and to countless others who enjoy reading your posts! Keep Shakin!! :D
4/24/2006@176.5lbs 5`10
[/url]
thefinest
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby falisamarie » May 17th, 2006, 4:45 am

Mellowmom~

You are doing so great and I am so happy for you. I enjoyed reading your post and just last night I was at Wal-Mart with my boys and they were having trouble keeping up with me which is funny being that 4 months ago there was no way I could keep up with them.

MEDIFAST IS GREAT!!!!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Ct. Yankee » May 17th, 2006, 8:40 am

Hi Carmel

Enjoyed your post, as I always do! Isn't it something that all of us came to the same place, not only to get support, but to find out how good it feels to give support and encouragement back to others as we travel along our journeys? I believe that it was meant to be, call it fate or whatever one wants to, but it is so very special here in this place, for sure!! :D

Joan
Ct. Yankee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 17th, 2006, 1:16 pm

Carmel,
I LOVED your post! I put 50lbs in my backpack today and lugged it around for a while. WOW! No wonder I used to feel so crappy! I love the visualization of the actual weight I've lost, talk about a motivator!

Carmel, you are such a GREAT addition to this forum and it means so much to me to have you on this journey with me!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Diana » May 17th, 2006, 11:06 pm

What a great post, Carmel!

I came to the same realizations you had pre-medifast. I honestly didn't think I'd ever be healthy or feel truly well again; the best years of my life were over and I was forced to resign myself to a slow diabilitating decline. Like you, I really feel like God has been at the center of this whole experience.

Go get 'em, girl!! You've said goodbye to the 300s forever!!! Here's to long, healthy, productive lives full of rich blessings and unexpected joys!

Diana
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana

Return to The Weight Room