Guido Musings Day 4.

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Guido Musings Day 4.

Postby explorthis » January 5th, 2006, 9:27 am

Day 4 today! Not as hard as I thought it would be. Woke this morning refreshed, though I overslept ½ hour, which only happens about once a year. I am chalking it to the detox. Last night was not too hard, but still in the “French fry” denial stage, needing to eat.

Some of you know I have 2 girls (almost 15 and 4-1/2) The 4 y/o sees me sipping the shake, out of a plastic red holiday cup (those cheap disposable ones) and comes over to see. I tell her it’s my medicine shake. She instantly says “EEEEW, I don’t like that” (cause it was what she understands as medicine. The teen comes over, asks for a sip to try it, as the 4 y/o was intently watching. Teen says mmmmmmmm! 4 y/o perks up and asks her “will I like it?” Teen replies “yes, really good” (It’s the Dutch Chocolate, I refuse to buy/drink anything else). Well, next thing I knew I was shaking up another, because the 2 of them polished my entire drink! Common, this is mine, what are they thinking?

I am doing this. WE ARE DOING THIS PERIOD!

I did open the beef jerky on the counter, and have about 2 slivers, intentionally, but this is ok if I choose! I will consider this my lean (no green) laughing…

I have re-discovered the long forgotten path to the terlet again… WOW I gotta go a lot! This is good I s’pose…

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

My 4-year old story

Postby forevertodds » January 5th, 2006, 8:57 pm

Hey Mike,

I too have a 15 y/o and a 4 y/o, (only I have three more in between). Anyway, I have also told my four year old that the shakes are my medicine for my diet to help me get skinny. On about day three he says, "Do you still have to have the medicine?", I replied, "Well, do I look skinny yet?", to which he quickly answered, "Your feet do!" I guess the water IS coming off.
Kathy
Started 12.30.05
forevertodds

Postby sidrah » January 5th, 2006, 9:04 pm

Hey, that's good. Maybe they'll like something like that instead of a McD shake! Can't be bad if the family is behind you guys. I am not in the mood to let anyone in on anything. I just wanna see what the comments are. I feel like unless someone else notices, I am uncertain whether or not I do. Sometimes, I am not sure if I am imagining it.

Good going, everybody! Love reading these stories :lol:
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Mommy2girls » January 5th, 2006, 9:21 pm

He he he. I have a 5 year old and a 3.5 year old (both girls...hence my login name...) anyway, they are both forever drinking my shakes!!! I guess it is a good thing, but I understand the frustration as well. :x

When people ask me how it tastes, I tell them my kids can't get enough of it, and most people their jaw just drops (we all know how picky kids can be!)
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » January 5th, 2006, 9:43 pm

Kids love the shakes and if you can spare some, it is just as good for them as for you - there is nothing harmful in the shakes and we fill their sippy cups with the Pink Drink!

Teens love having a bar and an RTD in their backpack because they can have a quick snack between classes.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to The Weight Room