Guido Musings.....

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Guido Musings.....

Postby explorthis » January 4th, 2006, 9:07 am

Beginning of day 3…

So far so good. At the end of day 1 (1/2/06) I was fine, excited, no problems, easy day. Last night, ending day 2, sitting on the couch I was having the need to eat feelings. Typical, mind over belly! As I had let in the bad habits (and yes they I believe will reside forever) little by little, it became easier to eat just a pinch more, until I just knew I was in trouble.

I additionally noticed I was overly tired and yawning up a storm last night. I don’t remember this from before; again this was about 2-1/2 years ago. I do remember, once I was in full Medi-key-tosis I had TOO MUCH energy. I look forward to that part again.

I will do this! I will NOT cave.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Lauren » January 4th, 2006, 9:46 am

You can do anything for 3 days! Keep telling yourself that, Mike, no one is expecting perfection for weeks, months, or years, just get through the 3 full days, and then it will be easier. You know this intellectually, but your belly doesn't! :-) Remember the tricks - if you are feeling vulnerable, go out for a quick walk. If you are feeling tired (I had that too!), take a nap. If you are feeling dizzy or out of it, have a bouillon.

Don't think that just because you've done this before that you should have all the answers. You don't. But don't fret, between the whole group of us, I think we've got *most* of the answers!

You just have a short while to go before feeling good and groovy and energetic again. I just kept telling myself to get through the next hour, if I do the next hour then I can re-evaluate, and then when the hour was up, I did it again. I did the same thing for smoking. It worked.

Keep on keepin' on, Mike, be kind to yourself again!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

You can do it again

Postby NE Gal in the South » January 4th, 2006, 9:58 am

Mike (a/k/a Guido) - When I first visited the Forum 18 or so months ago, I read all your posts. I summarized your message to be "Just Do It" When whatever food called, I would say to myself "Mike or Guido says Just Do It" Every three hours I drank a shake, for the first 5 weeks or so, I did not know about oatmeal, soup, pudding, bars, etc. When I discovered the various products and found what I liked, I was rolling down quickly without any detours like I had with everything I tried in the past. 3 cheers for MEDIFAST - 150 lbs. in 9 months, I just got through the holidays and my size 8 jeans still fit. Thanks for all that you did to inspire me to loose my flabbage.

Whatever you did before, you can duplicate again Mike, "Just Do It".

Carol
NE Gal in the South

Postby bk » January 4th, 2006, 10:56 am

Hi Mike!

Day 3 for me too!

Carol's right - just doing it is what works. Myself, I haven't had the normal starting issues, but you really have to keep that mental/psychological stuff in check. After another week or so we'll all be sailing right along :)

Good to see you again!

b
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby ktrout » January 4th, 2006, 11:17 am

Day three here as well. The scale had to be lying this morning...9 lbs in 3 days ? Now I know not to expect miracles and most of that can be attributed to water weight or other causes but it sure felt good to see that number in the wee hours this morning.

One of my big challenges is the work place. I work for a medium-sized(250) software company and there is ALWAYS food out in one area or another. I work as a network admin so I'm always out and around the building and the temptation is extreme. I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to need to hide in the cave of the LAN room until the initial transition is accomplished.

Overall I feel great and the quality of the foods is much better than when I did the whole Atkins thing. I'm looking forward to summer.
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Gwenski » January 4th, 2006, 12:10 pm

Hey Mike-

Food over mind over body --- are you having deva ju and flashbacks or what?

You know you can do this. You know that this does work. You also know that food is your false friend and it messing with your head and emotions.

Getting back into the swing of things is going to take a little time and will most likely be a bit of a struggle. You are you greatest cheerleader and critic.

Perhaps changing your evening activities or eating schedule could help you out for those dark night time foody cravings. Medifast crackers? Sugar free Jello? Fast soup? Gum? You will find your way this time but remember that it is going to be a new path and new experience. You have experience to draw from but to get mired in comparing this time to last time --- keep looking forward.

You've got this and you know it -- best wishes!!!

Hang in there, you are getting to where you need to be and it is a great place!!!
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski

Postby Nancy » January 4th, 2006, 12:47 pm

For some, Day #2 is rough - headache like the worst hang-over ever and low energy.

For some, Day #4 is the worst - it DOES go away and it DOES get better.

Remember that during those first few days, it is perfectly okie dokie to have an extra shake or two IF needed.

Have your shakes closer together - like every two hours instead of every three hours. If you end up having 7 packets a day for the first several days, it is far better than having a handful of burgers.

We are detoxifying from food, from the additives, sugars, preservatives, etc. and it takes a few days for this to happen.

Avoid the TV commercials...much too foody!

ktrout ~ wow! 9 pounds in three days? Dang! We are jealous as can be but very happy for you! Give yourself some credit - not ALL of it is water! Change your ticker, Darlin' to reflect your terrific loss!

re:
As I had let in the bad habits (and yes they I believe will reside forever) little by little, it became easier to eat just a pinch more,

Mikey, I think you are right - those bad habits never truly go away and for me, I must always be en garde and assuming the position to face my foody foes by keeping my hands to myself and my trap clenched!

Those little pinches quickly add up to rolls around the middle.

Drag out your Quick Start booklet and read it a couple of times.

Keep your focus.

Food is not our friend.

Some of our friends are not our friends right now either.

Remember that this is a journey. Together we will do it.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby RavenKat » January 5th, 2006, 5:34 am

Nancy wrote:For some, Day #2 is rough - headache like the worst hang-over ever and low energy.

For some, Day #4 is the worst - it DOES go away and it DOES get better.

Remember that during those first few days, it is perfectly okie dokie to have an extra shake or two IF needed.

Have your shakes closer together - like every two hours instead of every three hours. If you end up having 7 packets a day for the first several days, it is far better than having a handful of burgers.

Tell me about it, sister!!!!! I haven't made it past day two in 6 months! But this morning (day 2) I swore I would drink 50 shakes if that is what it took to make it through today! I can't imagine fitting in 10 shakes but even that is only 900 calories.

No parties, no holidays, NOTHING but my own brain to blame for any weakness. Send me strength!!!!!!

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room