Musings And Thoughts On This Journey

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby Dean0408 » April 5th, 2005, 6:28 pm

If we all ate big only on holidays and vacations...........I don't think many of us would have a weight problem. Yes, 24K........you may lose a little ground while in Hawaii, but the fact is, you will not be eating because you lost control when your intent was not to eat. This is the most dangerous type of eating........the type that just occurs for no good reason and leaves you wondering what the heck happened.

If I were going to the expense of a planned trip to Hawaii........I too would plan on sampling the culinary offerings of the islands. I am not saying I would stuff myself at every meal, but I would indeed HAVE meals.

The plateau thing is rough. It is however a common occurance. Sometimes our bodies resist losing fat for a time as a means of self preservation.........they think they are starving since very little fuel is coming in after many years of all the fuel required and then some.

Go back on plan after you return. Your trip is not long enough to redevelope any long term bad habits so in a couple of days it should feel natural again.

As for me..........I am going out for my birthday on Friday. I know I will be cheating a bit.......but it will just be for the one meal. Friends of ours are buying.........they will get off cheap this year. Much cheaper than we got off when taking them out for a birthday dinner.

Hope your trip is wonderful!

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » April 7th, 2005, 5:43 pm

Thanks for all the info -- it really helps. I am now confident that I can enjoy my trip and not get out of control, and that I WILL go right back on the plan when I get home.

In other news, yet again . . .

Remember that job offer I turned down?

Yesterday I got a phone call from the person who most wants me to be there -- she's the senior partner I'd be working primarily with and for. I really like this woman; we are similar in many ways and we hit it off very well. She had left for a trip to Southeast Asia for four weeks, and only just learned on Monday that I had turned the job down.

She called to ask why I had turned it down. I explained (1) commute (2) extra hours (3) money.

She replied that I could work from home two or three days a week if I wanted. She also asked if she went to bat for me to get me what would be a 25% raise instead of an 11% one, would I come. She explained that she didn't want to expend "political capital" to do it if it wouldn't make it happen, and that she couldn't guarantee it, but she thought she'd have a good shot at it.

(She also said she'd brought me back some lovely fabrics from her trip. Now how cool would it be to have this lady for a boss??)

So I called her today and left a voice mail message that said that if she could do it, I would do it. She called me back in ten minutes asking when I could start. :D :D :D

So I start on May 2. And this time, I feel really good about this decision.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 7th, 2005, 5:55 pm

24k...OH MY GOSH...I am so excited for you....... :yes: ...YOU GO GIRL!!!!
Name your salary...work from home...you are on one exciting path... :bounce: ....And don't you worry at all about Hawaii...you have the determination to hop right back on the MF train when you get back....and with a little luck.....maybe you'll end up loosing faster when you get back.
My best to you always
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » April 7th, 2005, 6:05 pm

24K - great news all around! It is amazing what happens when you do things on your own terms ....others accept it and come around to meet those terms. Really happy for you - such wonderful changes you are having in 2005!
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby doglover » April 7th, 2005, 7:30 pm

Wow 24K - that is the most exciting news! How great are you that you have 2 co's fighting for you! You ROCK!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Guest » April 8th, 2005, 12:39 am

Way to go 24 :-P Have a great trip to Hawaii !!!! :heart: shirley

Postby want2Bthin » April 8th, 2005, 4:01 am

24K-
Sounds like divine intervention on the job situation. Good for you! How great to work from home a few days a week. :D

Have a great time in Hawaii. Let me tell you, if I were going to Hawaii, I would have to take a break from the program too.

Angelia :lol:
want2Bthin

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » April 8th, 2005, 7:10 am

24K that is awesome news!!!!

That has to make you feel incredible. You were able to basically name your salary and it was a done deal! Then you add working from home, how could anyone pass that up.

Your new boss knew what she had, and wasn't about to let it go. You should feel very proud of your accomplishments. Way to go.

Also, I know you will have a wonderful time in Hawaii. Make sure to take some pictures and share them with the group.

Take Care -

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime

Postby raederle » April 8th, 2005, 7:15 am

WOW!!!! :shock: That *is* great news! I'm so glad it all worked out for the best-- you got everything you wanted (expecially a great new boss and a great commute most days!), and I'm so happy for you. It's gotta be great to feel so loved! :mrgreen:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle

Postby 24KaratGold » April 11th, 2005, 12:16 pm

I just gave notice.

My secretary cried, tears actually streaming down her cheeks. "How can you leave me? You're my favorite!"

This is the hard part. :(
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold

Postby raederle » April 11th, 2005, 1:29 pm

Awwww........... :cry: That *is* the hard part. But what a wonderful compliment to you, that your colleague would be so affected by your departure. You'll just have to pay it forward by being as nice and kind to your new secretary and other officemates! :D
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle

Postby bikipatra » April 11th, 2005, 2:03 pm

24, you seem like a very special person and this is just confirmed by how these others in your "actual" life feel about you. :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » April 11th, 2005, 3:14 pm

24 Karat ~

Your vacation trip to Hawaii sounds like it might be also a celebration trip for you - celebrate the time together with your kidlet, for the significant weight loss you’ve experienced and now for the new job, too! Woo hoo – what a fantastic place to do it. :ukulele:

Please accept our :hi5: congratulations to you from us here at the MakeMeThinner cottage.

You will have no problem getting right back on the Mediwagon upon your return. A pause is not the same as a "Quit." Or a “Give up.” :table:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 11th, 2005, 3:43 pm

24K...what a wonderful compliment...we never realize the effect we have on others...........and before you leave...have an AWESOME TRIP... :ukulele: :ukulele: :ukulele:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby 24KaratGold » April 11th, 2005, 10:43 pm

Okay, I'm outta here! See ya next week!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room