Musings And Thoughts: The Second Hundred Days

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby kassilou » May 18th, 2005, 8:01 pm

Whooooo. That story ended a lot differently than I was anticipating. You handled the surprise really well! Good for you. That chicky might want to work on her communication skills a bit, ya think?

I think you can now be pretty sure that you can handle most anything that comes your way. :thumbup:
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby 24KaratGold » May 18th, 2005, 8:39 pm

kassilou wrote:Whooooo. That story ended a lot differently than I was anticipating. You handled the surprise really well! Good for you. That chicky might want to work on her communication skills a bit, ya think?

I think you can now be pretty sure that you can handle most anything that comes your way. :thumbup:

Eh, she'll be 86 next month, so I suppose I need to cut her some slack. She's pretty sharp, though, and still drives, and goes to all her grandkids and great-grandkids' events. She had just gotten home from a visit to her daughter and grandkids in Florida today.

But yeah, I think that if I could manage to get through THAT without a glass of wine or something, I'm good for almost anything (she says with trepidation, not wanting to tempt the Fates).

For half an hour, there, though, it was an incredible array of emotion I can't even begin to describe. And, actually, there was some anticipation and excitement in the thought that I might have another sib (there's only my sis and me) out there somewhere. Oh well.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold

Postby bk » May 18th, 2005, 11:09 pm

good grief! *my* heart leapt up when i read your conversation. that must have been a shocker. good thing all that is now ironed out.

bet that got your mind off of some other worries! hang in there, i know you can! :)
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » May 28th, 2005, 10:09 am

Um... this is weird. I can finally start to see that I've lost weight.

No no no. I KNOW that the scale has told me that I lost weight. And I know that my clothes are telling me that I've lost weight. And so are my friends and family. The information hasn't completely been processed to my head yet, though.

But yesterday, I looked in the mirror and I didn't see Super-Fat Girl. And I went shopping with my new boss and another associate at lunch time, at Chico's, and BOUGHT SOMETHING (that will make BK happy :mrgreen: ). In their size 2, which according to their website is a "Medium" or a 10/12. Now, that shirt is not wearable yet -- I need to lose some more weight before it is comfortable, but it went on, it buttoned, and I didn't look like a stuffed sausage in it. I think Chico's sizes must run a bit big, or maybe not, I dunno. I'm wearing a 16 pretty solidly right now, and I have one pair of 14 (tall, sorry bk) pants in my closet that now zip and button. Still too snug to actually wear, but I didn't have to lie down on the bed to make 'em zip. I tried that combination on, the cream colored 14T pants and the size 2 royal purple long-sleeved silk blouse, and I TUCKED THE BLOUSE IN to the pants and came downstairs. My husband was shocked. I looked in the mirror and got the hugest grin on my face.

And yesterday at work, one of the men who doesn't really know me yet did an actual double take. He came out of his office as I was walking by, nodded, started to walk in the same direction ahead of me. Just for a second, though, he stopped, turned his head back to look at me, and smiled and said "hello!" That's couldn't have been a "wow you've lost weight!" smile, because he doesn't know that I have. But I looked GOOD yesterday, I know I did.

Oh man...

Yup, I still have a lot of weight to lose -- 43 pounds. Now this is silly, but I'm ecstatic that "I only have 43 pounds left to lose!" I'm at my lowest weight in 25, maybe 30 years. I graduated from high school 30 years ago at 197, and crossed the 200 mark that summer before college.

I don't know what a non-fat me looks like at this point, especially as an adult (I have pictures, some, from high school, but let's not EVEN go there. All-girl Catholic high school, uniforms, and I was the fat, brainy kid. ::shudder:: ). I'm becoming very vain, looking in the mirror every time I go by just to see what I look like and try to re-set my brain for this.

Some of you who were around in January might remember that I was lugging sandbags around the first part of January to help a friend up on the hill behind me protect her home from flooding. Although I've talked to her several times since then, I haven't actually seen her. Our families are getting together for a BBQ on Monday, and this is going to be fun, when she sees me for the first time. :D

My new secretary has heard me rave about this Medifast thing since I started there three weeks or so ago, and she now has spoken to Nancy and made her first order, so we'll be doing this together by next weekend or so. Who would ever have thought that I would ever be an inspiration for someone else to lose weight?

As I tell the young'uns who show up on this board from time to time (that would be any of you under 30!), DO IT. I wish to God that I had had this available 30 years ago.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold

the scale vs your head

Postby oregonrose » May 28th, 2005, 11:55 am

Its wierd. One of the things that made me start MF is that I would catch a glimpse of a fat woman in a window and be shocked to realize that it was ME!!! I am looking forward to having it go the other way. You have reason to be so proud and your DH sounds so supportive. tucking things in... thats a big mental switch dont you think? I am also thrilled that they are putting a Chicos in at our mall! and I plan to be thin enough to want to buy there when they open in November!
Knowledge is power
oregonrose
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » May 28th, 2005, 1:41 pm

Thanks, rose! I just got back from the Chico's near where I live (as opposed to the one where I work) and just was "bad" again. The husband was there egging me on, though, so it's okay. < g >

Did you know that chico's is online too? Go to the www then chicos dot com. They have an online catalog, and you can sign up for their paper catalog, which you want to do because it comes every month and has coupons in it.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold

Postby want2Bthin » May 28th, 2005, 7:24 pm

24K-

Thank you for such a wonderful post. I am so happy for you. I can't wait to be able to tuck in a shirt again. I think you are a stunning woman. Just think, you'll have the remaining 43 pounds off before you know it! I like reading your post- I learn alot from you and others on this forum. Thanks.

Angelia :-P
want2Bthin

Postby bk » May 29th, 2005, 9:55 am

24k - I'm having the same issue with the lack of processing.. I know I've lost oodles of weight, but I just can't see it. To me, I don't look any different. I love buying new smaller clothes, but it still doesn't mean my brain is really registering the difference. Hopefully I'll start to see it soon, like you.

I am VERY happy you went shopping :) I have a few things to return and then I'll be ready for another big trip!

That's so awesome that your secretary is joining in the fun!!! And getting a double take! Woowoo I'll bet you looked gooooood and felt confident and that just shone through.

I'm out for now, but I'll be back!

bk (hiccup!)

EDIT: It has come to my attention that I am now a size Large. No wonder I couldn't see that weight loss! I broke my own cardinal rule (to try on smaller clothes on a regular basis). I also took a look at Chico's and they had some really cute stuff! It was like a non-ridiculous version of Anthropologie. Nice!
bk

Postby Nancy » May 30th, 2005, 10:45 pm

24 K ~

It takes a very long time for the brain to register SLENDER.

I have those days when I don't see myself the way others see me - I still see the Chubbette Matron.

I wore my leather pants and a knit shirt to Starbuck's today. Our friends Paul and Jan came by and we visited for a while when one of their acquaintances arrived for his daily cinnamon roll and Frappachino.

He is a very large man and he really needs what we have. Jan asked me to show him my picture. It was kinda neat to watch his eyes widen as he looked at my then 265+ pounds (I was not absolutely sure of my weight in 2002 as I never weighed at home and just went by the latest weight of the most recent doctor’s appointment). He looked at my current size and back at the pictures of “before.”

Oh, how I want for him to enjoy the improved heath and self-esteem that come with an appropriate weight… It does take a while to catch up to the reality of thindom…

I love Chico’s, too – I wear a size .5 pants. Because I have broad shoulders and long arms, I wear a larger top – it matters not what size we end up wearing, Folks – the important thing is to be at a healthy BMI.

I am so happy for your success, 24 K. Can't wait to meetcha! In the thin!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » June 7th, 2005, 11:07 pm

I'm on an oatmeal kick. I've been eating at least two, occasionally three, oatmeals for the last week or so.

I went to a charity golf tournament/dinner/auction at the Yorba Linda country club last night. What great fun that was! I chose the chicken at dinner (it was a grand buffet), because the meat was way too rare for my taste. I like my meat good and dead, thank you! :shock: I stayed away from the cheesecake, and the chocolate cake. The scale didn't move at all last Sunday, probably from (1) being sick, and (2) TOM, and I'm so far taking my own advice and staying off the thing. I admit I'll be bummed if there's nothing happenin' this Sunday, though. I'm determined to be compliant all week so that there's no reason why there shouldn't be movement.

I'm at day 50 of my second hundred days, and really had hoped to be a bit further along by now. Yes, any loss is a good loss, but I've lost "only" twenty pounds since I came back from Hawaii and started this second phase, and six of those were pounds I gained on that break.

I'm very motivated to stay on program to get below 200, and I figure once I get there I'm gonna run as fast as I can for the 180s, just to make sure that I never see that dreaded "2" again. Somewhere in the high 180s I expect I'll need a good swift kick in the pants, though, to keep me going -- so I'll count on all of you for that!

I have a cousin coming out to visit me from NY over Halloween weekend, and she is treating me to a concert while she is here. We shall party hearty, and her visit is definitely something that will be a motivator to get to goal before then.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold

Postby Nancy » June 7th, 2005, 11:32 pm

I told ya that Oatmeal is wonderful!

I MUST have two a day or I go :nana:

Your body is gearing up to release another load, 24 Karat.

It's just reminding you that it is in a stubborn donkey-heart stage right now. :deadhorse: Soon it will give up the lard and you'll be on your way to thinner fields. :mrgreen: I thought ONEderland would never happen - my scale toyed with me for days...fool it.

Stay away for two weeks and then do a sneak on attack! :whip:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Mindless Eating

Postby 24KaratGold » June 11th, 2005, 12:48 am

Geez, even after all this time some habits die hard, and eating can still be mindless.

I went out to lunch with a friend and another co-worker today. Ordered iced tea, which came with a (fortunately very small) slice of orange in it. The three of us were chatting, and I didn't even think about it, I just ate the orange. It took me a couple of minutes to realize what I had done, too.

It wasn't enough to be a problem; it was probably between a third and a half of a very thin slice, but even so. How stupid is that?? :roll:
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold

Postby Nancy » June 11th, 2005, 1:10 am

Aww...the dreaded Auto Pilot Thingy!

It is interesting that it happened after all this time for you, 24 K. Typically it happens for people during the first couple of weeks of Medifasting!

Oh, well! May we all learn from that - when any kind of food is near, we are susceptible to random acts of eatage...
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby 24KaratGold » June 12th, 2005, 9:55 am

Oh wow! I just charted today's weight (202) on my MMT spreadsheet (thanks again, Unca!), and it automatically calulates the BMI.

I started MFing with a BMI of 39.91. As of this morning, my BMI is 29.91. That's a change of ten points, but most importantly what it means is that, medically, I AM NO LONGER CONSIDERED "OBESE." I am "merely" "overweight." ("Obese" is a BMI of 30 or higher.)

Yeah, this actually IS a big deal, LOL!

And yes, this IS fun!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold

Postby want2Bthin » June 12th, 2005, 1:26 pm

24K-
That is a huge change in you BMI. Weigh to go!! :-P I can't wait to join you in the "overweight" category. Good for you!

Angelia
want2Bthin

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room