Lois' 100 Day Challenge...PART 2

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Lois' 100 Day Challenge...PART 2

Postby Lois » September 13th, 2004, 5:40 am

DAY 26 :yes:

Hi friends!

Well, the second lap of my journey begins today, and I was off and walkin' bright and early this morning 8)

Are you curious about how much weight I lost in the past 25 days? EIGHT POUNDS! :D I am THRILLED. At this rate, I'll be near my goal at the end of the 100DC, and maybe all the way there by Christmas ;)

This morning, when I was getting dressed to walk, I realized that my "hugely baggy" pants that I usually wear for exercise/yardwork were in the laundry. Sooooo....I pulled out a pair of pants from my drawer and held them up. "TOO SMALL" I thought..."These'll NEVER fit"...WRONG :-P !!!!!!! I am wearing them RIGHT NOW even as I type :puter:

Soooo....here's to you all, my shakin' friends, and to the NEXT 25 days of shakin' and slurpin' and feeling GREAT :toast:

hugs,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Jeanette » September 13th, 2004, 6:23 am

Lois, you ROCK baby!!

What a great idea to do a 100 day challenge! That might be a big bite for me right now....I'd better do a smaller challenge!

I'm thinking maybe something like:
--record everything that goes in my mouh
--drink ALL my water for the day
--read and post here daily ( it is a GREAT tool for accountability)

Instead of 100 days, I think I shall do 30 days....what do you think?
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Day 9

Postby Bseaton » September 13th, 2004, 10:30 am

Keep it going Lois you are doing great I'm right behind you. :)

I have 45 more pounds to lose and my goal is to stay on the full fast until Dec 14th which is my 100 days.

Hopefully at the rate i am going things will start to come together around christmas.
Barry Seaton

1/01/04
247/210/170
Bseaton
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Sylvia » September 13th, 2004, 10:49 am

Fantastic news Lois!

I'm going back on the full fast this week to see if I can build some additional momentum. I'm still doing OK on the modified plan but I think changing things up a bit helps sometimes. We'll see if that is true at the end of the week.

I was also quite excited to see that my BMI is now only 26! Just a few more pounds until I am no longer "officially" overweight.

Sylvia
Sylvia

Postby Guest » September 13th, 2004, 4:55 pm

Wow! I have been reading your posts and I have to totally commend you Lois on your daily posts and commitment. I have a goal of 40lbs by x-mas and you have really given me the momentum I need.

Congrats on the loss and yee-haw on the slimmer jeans. Go Girl!!

Day 10

Postby Bseaton » September 14th, 2004, 10:07 am

:D Got up today and drank my shake about 6:15

Went for a short run and walk about 1 1/2 miles.

Feel pretty good today weight is still the same. :(
Barry Seaton

1/01/04
247/210/170
Bseaton
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby elle4nelly » September 14th, 2004, 4:10 pm

way to go Lois!!!!!!!!
Jeanette I'm with you. I'm on a 6 weeks goal. Then I'll start another goal again back to back.

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Lois » September 14th, 2004, 7:29 pm

DAY 27

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for all your wonderful posts! I am SOoooo happy that my 100DC has encouraged you to set challenges of your own. Jeannette, I think your idea sounds great...WAY TO GO, EVERYONE!!!!!! We are doing this thing TOGETHER 8)

Today I did yoga....it was great. I was SO tired when I started and so ENERGIZED when I finished! One of the things I love about yoga is that it sort of makes time stand still. When I'm on my yoga mat, all I can do/think about is what I am doing at that moment. All my crazy "mind chatter" is temporarily quiet, and I get to just....BE. It's a great feeling, and helps me feel less rushed and more together for the rest of the day.

I spent from 11am to 9:15 pm at the seminary today....I had a meeting, tutored a student, and then taught two classes :shock: I planned and actually WROTE OUT my MF list for the day before I left the house...what to bring and when I would have time to make/drink my shakes! PLANNING IS EVERYTHING! I was NOT hungry and I got in all my MF and my water...and had the energy I needed to keep going 'til I was done 8)

At this point, I'm so thankful to be on this program I don't even WANT to "cheat"....what a blessing to have "found" MF, this site, and all of YOU 8)

love and hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby Lois » September 15th, 2004, 6:12 am

DAY 28 :D

Hello, friends!

This morning I went out for my 25 minutes of brisk walking in the 'hood....fall is in the air! I LOVE this season of the year. Late September and the whole month of October are definitely the BEST time to visit Philadelphia ;)

I did a little yoga when I got home...mostly to "cool down" and stretch. AAaaahhhhh... I had my first shake, my water bottle is filled, and I am READY for another good MF day!

I'm taking my 18 year old clothes shopping today...he leaves for college on Sunday. Who knows? Maybe I'll get myself a little something, too 8)

Have a GREAT shakin' day.....

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby Nancy » September 15th, 2004, 12:03 pm

Whee!

PLANNING is everything!

Didja read my latest Newsletter?

Water, Walk and Wowser happens!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » September 15th, 2004, 8:16 pm

Lois, you are just doing GREAT! Not only are you sticking too your MF and fitness goals, your attitude is infectious!

Super job!

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Lois » September 16th, 2004, 7:46 am

DAY 29 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hello, friends!

This morning was a YOGA morning for me. On my "yoga days" a do a full yoga practice. On my "walking days" I walk briskly for 25 minutes, and then usually do a little yoga to stretch out my hamstrings and lower back.

Today was a GREAT yoga session. I felt so much more flexible and centered when I finished 8)

I love feeling the slow but steady progreess that comes with yoga. It helps my "addict brain" to SLOW DOWN, pay attention, and not worry about or compete with anyone else. Yoga is not about how far the OTHER person can beld, fold, or twist themself into a pretzel :shock: Rather, it is about how I am feeling in my body today......And that is a GOOD THING for someone who's body image is as warped as mine!!!!! Yoga is one of God's gifts to me, and today I am feeling so grateful :heart:

I am glad that my daily posts are encouraging so many of you. It means so much to me to have you"out there"...my little virtual MF family. You are the BEST :yippee:

Have a GREAT day!

love and hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby Nancy » September 16th, 2004, 9:11 am

Lois,

I am thankful that you are exercising gently each day. It is important for us all to incorporate some type of exercise into our daily living. I exercise almost every day, too.

When I was abed a few days this week, I had to curb my appetite by distracting myself. Exercise promotes well-being and happy thoughts, rids the body of anxiety and keeps the furnace burning up our stored fat or food's ready energy.

For long-term maintenance, to tone the bod and make a healthy strong heart, exercise is vital.

Swimming is a good form of exercise for people with joint problems or for folks that have a significant amount of weight to lose. When we are over weight it is just plain hard to exercise - it hurts!

Lois, you continue to be a blessing. A skinny blessing!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Lois » September 17th, 2004, 2:10 pm

DAY 30 8)

Hello, friends!

Today I went for a walk in the 'hood with my hubby! He is going to walk with me whenever he can....and has been inspired by my weight loss ;)

Nancy, thanks for the encouragement. In the past, I "over exercised" to atone for me eating "sins". It was a form of purging, and was NOT healthy for me mentally or physically. I am focusing on BALANCE now in all things, rather than going to extremes. It's not easy for me, but it's worth it!

love and hugs to all,

Lois
Lois

Postby Nancy » September 17th, 2004, 11:40 pm

Ooooh, Lois - a walk WITH the hubby - Yippy and Yahoody-hoo!

Yup, it's all abolut balance: soul, mind & body...IMHO, in that order!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Next

Return to The Weight Room