Sunday Morning Roll Call: July 17, 2005

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Sunday Morning Roll Call: July 17, 2005

Postby ljm498 » July 17th, 2005, 4:59 am

Good morning everyone! It's that happy time of the week again (hopefully)! I hope everyone had a great week and good losses on the scales.

One thing I discovered this week was just how much stress plays a HUGE roll in how we lose weight. For about the last 4 weeks or so my weight loss has slowed down considerably and I could actually tell something was different. I had actual hunger (nope, not head hungries, the growlies were there) and was, for the first time, thinking of off plan food. Thankfully, I just snacked on a few celery sticks and pickes and all was ok. But, I really just thought I was on some sort of plateau or something. I tried making some small changes, like getting rid of the salad dressing all together and make sure I do at least 3 shakes a day. I always get my water so I couldn't do anything there. Well, Thursday was my son's 16 month well visit and I was stressing big time about something my husband and I were going to do regarding one of his vaccinations. Anyway, the visit wound up going well, the pediatrician was fine with our decision and life went on. After the visit I could feel my whole body was "lighter" so to speak. The very next day I started letting go much fluid and it seems we're back in the losing mode. I lost 2.5 lbs in just the last two days and hopefully this week will be really good too. But, it's just amazing how much stress affects us.

So, 2.5 lbs for this week! I'm pretty happy with that. Sorry I rambled! Have a happy roll call day everyone!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby LilMsTexas » July 17th, 2005, 5:20 am

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning EVERYBODY!! I'M BACK ON ROLL CALL FINALLY!! My gosh it seems like it's been FOREVER since I've been here.

Today was THE most exciting day for me since surgery!! My body has let go of the fluid I was retaining and the 6lbs of "actual flab" :shock: that the doc cut off is reflecting on the scales!!! I'm even more excited about that because I can tell by looking at me and feeling my body that I still have fluid built up and puffy tissue, so I may see even a tad more gone in another week. :D PLUS I am back on plan full force now with the surgery one week post op and my mother-in-law gone which was KILLING ME food wise. :x

Do you all remember the red and white striped, low-rider capris, SIZE 8 that I bought when Osh Gosh was going out of business with the adult line about 3 weeks ago???? After I got off the scales this morning I RAN to my closet and tried those pants on.......OMG THEY FIT!!!! Size 8 Size 8 Size 8 Size 8 :cheerleader: ........MY DREAM SIZE MY WHOLE LIFE!!! That's all I've ever wanted. Getting the other 8 lbs off that I WILL LOSE will only make those Size 8's fit a little better and more permanent!! Let's face it....they're a little tight.........but they fit and NOTHING HANGING OVER and now I KNOW that when I get the last little bit of actual FLUFF from my back and hips lost I will REALLY be a size 8!! Can you tell I'm excited???? ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I"m in the 40# club this morning!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now begins the second to last phase of my journey........1st I have 8 more lbs to lose to be at goal and then 2nd I have the rest of my life to live as a SASSY SIZE 8, HEALTHY AND IN CONTROL DIABETIC!!! WOW!!

So................GOOD SUNDAY MORNING PRECIOUS FRIENDS!! Wake up sleepy heads and let's get this party started!!!! :partytime:
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » July 17th, 2005, 5:27 am

Lynne,
CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! WOOHOOOOO You're back on a roll again!! I agree 1000 percent that stress plays a MAJOR roll in our body's ability to combat weight loss. I'm glad your stress was alleviated by a doctor being willing to respect your wishes.....that's always nice!!

I'm curious as to what decision you made regarding vaccinations if you don't mind sharing....and if you do that's completely understandable........but I'm asking because my son missed his 15 month well baby visit (due to all my stuff) and turned 16 months TODAY, and will have his well baby for shots this coming week. What shots will he get and what was your concern? I'm curious now because perhaps I need to investigate your thoughts on the subject. I like to be as informed as possible.

Again......congratulations on your loss!! yippeeeeee :D
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby martha » July 17th, 2005, 6:00 am

Hi--
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE------------
CAN we say 60# club????????? Yes I did make it.. I had a loss of 4.5# this week and that makes it exactly 60#.. talk about by the skin of my teeth :mrgreen: Also today makes 3 months since starting MF. I did the full program all of this week..and really enjoyed it..

Christi----
CONGRATULAIONS and WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!
WOW!!!!!!!!!! A size 8---Oh my gosh.. I am sooo excited for you girl..that is so great.. you go girl.. I hope you didn't run to fast to the scales :mrgreen: :mrgreen: wouldn't want you to pull anything..

Lynne--

2.5# Is GREAT!!!!!!!!!CONGRATULATIONS and yes I too think stress plays a major part in weight loss.. I know it played a major part in my weight gain :mrgreen:-- Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby want2Bthin » July 17th, 2005, 6:11 am

Good morning! I am only down 1 pound this week BUT that puts me in the 50 pound club!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ljm- 2.5 pounds! I couldn't agree more about stress & weight loss. I have been under lots of stress recently with my husbands surgery & all. I have remained compliant but last week I stayed the same & this week only 1 pound.

Christi- I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Size 8- simply amazing!!!!! :-P :-P

Martha- 60 pound club!!! TERRIFIC!! You are melting away!
Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby kassilou » July 17th, 2005, 6:17 am

Good morning, all. Congratulations to all the losers and new club members!

Unca, move me up, please. I officially join the 70# club today with a 4# loss for this week. Woohoo!
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou

Postby LilMsTexas » July 17th, 2005, 6:30 am

OH MY GOSH LOOK AT HOW IT'S GOING!!!!!!!!!
I'm in the 40# Club
Angelia in the 50# Club
Martha in the 60# Club
Kassilou in the 70# Club

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTABULOUS!!!
And wow big losses for Marth and Kassilou. I LOVE it when we see a bigger loss down the road. We all "expect" them in the beginning and it's so marvelous to see big losses further into the program. WOW WOW WOW This is VERY COOL!!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby kimalexrn » July 17th, 2005, 7:41 am

Good morning everyone. I hate to mess up the flow.I tried and I tried and I tried to make it to the 30 lb club this week, that would have be perfect moving up with everyone else, but oh well, maybe next week. I am still happy with my 3.8 lb loss for the week, bring me to a 28 lb total loss. :D.
But I have nothing but time, and I can see the 30lb pound club just waiting for me to come on in.

Anyway, CONGRATS :goteam: to all of you new club members. I've said it before and I'll say it again "Post your pictures" get out those digital's and snap, snap, snap. This is and encouragement to us all. (before and after shots).

Kim
Kim

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5Thil4/]
[/url]

Started MF 5/09/05
250/200/170
Started AGAIN 07/15/08
249/200/160
kimalexrn
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » July 17th, 2005, 8:04 am

Wow Kim that is an awesome loss for the week!! Anytime it is over 2 lbs I am soooooooooooooooo thrilled! I'm so excited for ALL of us!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby mytime » July 17th, 2005, 8:05 am

Ok guys - GOOD MORNING - I am comming back to post later today but get to leave work in one minute and just had to take a little peek - and now I have to write a little - GREAT JOB everyone - I had to post b/c I lost 4 pounds this week - for a total of 22 in three weeks - and guess what ? That puts me in the 20 pound club. So Little Ms SIZE 8 !!!! Add me to your list of pounders - also my daughter was born May 18 of 2004 - must be pretty close to your children ? Was it the MMR that you skipped ? Just curious ? Yeah Yeah Yeah BIG LOSERS - GOD DO I LOVE MF !!!!! Can't wait to come back later and see how everyone did. Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby LilMsTexas » July 17th, 2005, 8:12 am

HOT DERN that's FANNNNNNNNNTABULOUS!! Congratulations on the 20# club girlie!! And yes my son was born on St.Patrick's Day March 17, 2004! Aren't they just freaking adorable right now?? hehe Have a great day and we'll see ya around the water cooler tonight.

Congratulations again!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby missahc » July 17th, 2005, 8:22 am

Good Morning Losers!
How wonderful to see everyone so excited and pumped!
I am only weighing once a month because I have so much to lose.
But wanted to check in......and say Hi.

Keep going! :goteam:
06/11/05
350/250/170
missahc
Regular Member - #100 Club
Regular Member - #100 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » July 17th, 2005, 9:13 am

Wow, look at this!

Mytime into the 20# club
Kim ALMOST into the 30# club -- that'll happen next week!
Christi into the 40# Club (and size 8 -- woohoo!)
Angelia into the 50# Club
Martha into the 60# Club
Kassilou into the 70# Club

Just to keep the trend going . . . I'm down 5 pounds this week from last week, and that puts me into the 80 club! I am at 189.5 this morning! The 180s! Omigod! And I was so thrilled when I made it to the 190s! This program works, and I AM having fun!

And I weigh only 7 pounds more than hubby! Woohoo!

Good luck to all this next week.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold

Postby Kimmy » July 17th, 2005, 10:00 am

Hi Everyone,
Congratulations to all of you for doing so well this week. I had a 3 # loss, and am 4 # away from goal.
I love this program!!!!
Kim
Kimmy
Regular Member - #40 Club

I'm baaaaaaack!

Postby Seaside » July 17th, 2005, 10:23 am

Hi everyone! Seaside here, the prodigal MediFaster.

For the last few weeks, I was verrry stressed and focused on getting settled in to my new job. Finally, this week I had a meeting with my colleagues and we got some things straightened out and I feel much better and ready to get back on track with the program.

It's been a rollercoaster for the weeks I've been gone, and I watched my weight spiral hideously upward, along with my stress and stress-eating. Last week I got back on track and happy to say that I am just about back to my lowest point (on the scale!) and I'm feeling much better.

Whew! OK, now, I have a LOT of reading to do. :shock:
Seaside
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Next

Return to Roll Call