It is currently May 6th, 2024, 6:56 am

News News of The Gymnasium

Site map of The Gymnasium » Forum : The Gymnasium

Fitness and Exercise

Finally Tried Pilates!

A small victory...

I have been thinking about doing pilates for quite a while. Last year when I was much heavier I bought the Windsor Pilates DVD's. I tried it once, didn't really get the hang of it, and never tried again.

I recently bought "Pilates for Dummies" and something my Mom recommended - "Fat Burning Pilates" and have been looking at them for months now. Well, yesterday was the day. I decided to start ...
Read more : Finally Tried Pilates! | Views : 1841 | Replies : 15

List your exercise of choice here (you DO have one, right?)

Hi gang:

Before I moved to Florida, I was a Curves girl....now that I am single again and really watching my pennies, Curves is a luxury I can't afford at the moment. LUCKILY, my building has a couple of exercise machines--a stationery bike and a weight machine. I haven't tried them yet, but once I get past the first couple of weeks of low calorie, I will give it a whirl.

Now, what about the ...
Read more : List your exercise of choice here (you DO have one, right?) | Views : 2001 | Replies : 19

Tai Chi

Great Idea Tim!!

Ok, let me chime in here about Tai Chi.
I've been taking a class for nearly 3 years. When I attended the first one I thought it was almost a joke. How could this stuff POSSIBLY have any impact on my body???? Very unlike traditional exercise. I was sooooo WRONG.

I highly recommend it for anyone who has a class available.
Calorie wise, from what I have found the it's similar to ...
Read more : Tai Chi | Views : 749 | Replies : 4

About this room.

duhhhh....We should have had this room long ago.

Post all your fitness and exercise topics here.
:jumprope: :weightlift:
Unca
Read more : About this room. | Views : 13959 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 167231 • Total topics 12185 • Total members 2286