Allison

1 Thread per registered User.

Allison

Postby Allison Onederland » January 10th, 2007, 1:21 pm

So, I've come out of lurking mode and have decided to start a journal. :lol: Been meaning to do it the last 8 months but I'm the worlds greatest procrastinator. :oops:

For the benefit of those who have never read any of my few-and-far-between posts, I'll introduce myself. I live in Louisiana, 49 yrs old, I have a wonderful husband and two beautiful teenage daughters. And I can't foget my sweet little Kiki Kitty who is laying across the desk in front of me and swishing her fluffy tail across my hands as I type. She's more puppy than kitty...follows me everywhere and has to be close to me at all times!

Another constant (but unwelcome) companion in my life is fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. More on that later...or maybe not.

I've been a yo-yo dieter since my mid 20's but after having children in my early 30's I gained way more than I lost! In the early days of my marriage when the kids were little, I felt (thanks to my hubby and my mother) I had to cook good old rib-stickin' meals. Chicken fried steak, rice n gravy, veggies drowning in butter, home made bread with every supper, and of course, home made pie, cake or cookies for dessert. Since my metabolism died back in the 80's (and I love to eat) I naturally packed on the weight! :roll: The rest of the family (hubby and kids) stayed skinny. :x

Fast forward to January 2005.... fat, miserable and full of self loathing. I could hardly stand to look at myself in the mirror! Not only that, I was afraid to go to my cardiologist for a checkup because I had gained since my last visit and my last set of lab work was really bad. I knew I was in for another lecture from the doctor and his assistant about losing weight and eating right. :3head:

I had become a master at dodging cameras and buying clothes that camouflaged how huge I was...or so I thought! My sister sent me a picture that she took of me at Thanksgiving (studio before pic) while I wasn't looking. Not only did I fail to dodge the camera, I was wearing what I though was my most flattering shirt but I looked like the little girl from the Willy Wonka movie that turns into a huge blueberry!!! :cry: What a wake up call that was! I was pretty much at my lowest point when I saw a commercial on TV for Medifast. An 11 day trial for $98. It was THE best decision I've made in a very long time.

So, here I am today...down 67 lbs and feeling great! It's been a slow transformation for me and I could probably win a "slowest loser" contest :aarggh: but I have lost way more than I ever could on my own!!
Can you tell I love medifast?? :D

Uh oh...time to go pick up those teenage daughters! :dooh:
Allison Onederland
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby bikipatra » January 10th, 2007, 1:22 pm

Great to hear from you and of your success!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Taangrl21 » January 10th, 2007, 1:44 pm

Welcome to the board and in begining a new journey.You will have much success with this... :)
Taangrl21
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » January 10th, 2007, 2:00 pm

Thank you for sharing your story, and congratulations on your success so far. I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts! :mrgreen:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 10th, 2007, 3:42 pm

Nice to hear from you! I'm happy you're posting! Wow, you're doing wonderfully! I'm so happy!

Good to hear from you! Missed you!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Sojourner » January 10th, 2007, 4:04 pm

Welcome back to the posting world, Allison!
I remember your beautiful studio pics...I'll
have to go look them up again!

:wavie:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Re: Allison

Postby alpha femme » January 10th, 2007, 4:42 pm

Allison Onederland wrote:So, I've come out of lurking mode and have decided to start a journal. :lol: Been meaning to do it the last 8 months but I'm the worlds greatest procrastinator. :oops:

nah. i am. i'll tell you about it... later.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby eskwyre » January 10th, 2007, 5:40 pm

Welcome! and congratulations on your success to date.
eskwyre
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby katieb920 » January 10th, 2007, 5:45 pm

Welcome and congrats on the weight loss.
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Allison Onederland » January 11th, 2007, 10:53 am

I've read so many times that lack of sleep makes it difficult to lose weight. I think that is as good a reason as any for why I'm such a slow loser. :roll: Almost a year on medifast and 67 lbs lost. I know I shouldn't complain but dangit, I'm ready to break this months long plateau!! It's like my decripit old body is too stubborn to let go of a few more pounds of flubber!

I don't think I'm asking for too much. Some decent sleep at night and a few more pounds off...not like I'm asking to win the lotto or look like Jessica Biel. :huh: Oh well, another day, another battle...and more dark circles to accent my bloodshot eyes. :lol:

The blueberry muffin is cooking as I type and I'm almost finished with my first bottle of wawa. And it's only 11:25am! I'm a real go-getter today! :uhuh: Ok, time to put it in writing for myself: Today I will get in at least 6 bottles of water...even if I have to stick a funnel in my mouth! Today I will watch the clock like a hawk and get all those supplements in on time. And at least once today I vow to look in the mirror and see a woman who has lost 67 pounds and looks pretty good...instead of a woman who needs to lose another 15 or 20 (or 30!).

I meant to put this in my first entry but forgot. Today is day 6 back on medifast after a 3 week break for Christmas. Ran out of food, ran out of money, lured down the wrong path by the evil Christmas candy bowl filled with bite sized snickers and reeses. :oops: The 7 pound gain wasn't as bad as I expected and I've already lost 5 of it but geez...was it really worth it? I had finally made it to 70 pounds and before I had a chance to get in the club here.... :?

Ok, now that I've "journaled" I want to say thanks for all the nice words of welcome (back). In addition to all the old timers :tomato: uh, sorry...in addition to all the long time regulars, it's really great to see so many new folks here. Even though I haven't posted in a while, I pop in regularly to check up on some people. Dede, I'm over here in Loosiana cheering for ya! :cheerleader:

I wish I had the time (and the brain cells) to post something in everyone's journal and let them know how proud of them I am. Everyone is doing great! The photos in the studio are phenomenal! I hope to see lots more in the near future, those before and afters are such an inspiration to me!

Ok, time to get moving. Is walking to the refrigerator for water considered exercise?? :scratchhead:
Allison Onederland

Postby DonicaB » January 11th, 2007, 11:14 am

Allison~Don't worry about trying to post in everyone's journal. It is difficult to keep up with all that goes on in our lives. I am a recent re-starter and finally decided I didn't have the time to read all of the pages of the journals. I have been reading the last few of several.

You should be so proud of yourself. 67# is awesome. I am so encouraged by you. Thank you for posting and sharing.

DonicaB :hug:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Allison Onederland » January 14th, 2007, 3:00 pm

nah. i am. i'll tell you about it... later.

:roflmao: I just got it! Using the word "slow" to describe me is a huge understatement sometimes. :oops: In my defense, I was seriously sleep deprived that day! :snooze:

Thursday was pretty much a bust. Just after making that post, my mom called to say they were 30 minutes away and heading to my house. :shock: I had to drag my tired self to the shower and get cleaned up to go shopping with Mom after she and Dad finished at the BX and Commissary. After the mall I had to come home, say bye to mom & dad, grabbed a RTD and rushed off to pick up the kids from music lessons, then to Walmart for groceries/school supplies etc., then back home to clean up the kitchen, cook supper and clean up again. So, I didn't get all my water for the day (lost count but pretty sure it was 3, got in all 5 supplements though), seriously over exerted myself and ended up being totally worthless the next two days. :( It was a real struggle to eat those 2 days since my Ketamine spray for pain really kills my appetite.

On the plus side....(and this is one for the personal history books!) I tried on a sharp looking suede jacket and my mom (who rarely pays compliments) patted me on the shoulder and told me how great I looked! :shock: I didn't buy the jacket but plan to go back this week and see if it has been marked down some more. I can't decide between the suede jacket and a faux fur (faux mink) coat so the one that goes to 50% off first is gonna be mine! I've always wanted a cute faux fur coat but would never buy one since they all made me look like a grizzly bear (or polar bear, depending on the color of the coat). :lol:

This is day 8 of my restart and I have now lost 7 lbs. I'm sure it was probably all fluid since my face, hands, feet and ankles were really puffy before my restart and are back to normal now. I'm thrilled at losing all but 1 lb of what I gained during the holidays but now I'm ready to break a long and discouraging plateau. Hubby and I are going to Washington D.C. Feb. 3 for a week and I'd really like to lose another 5-10 lbs. before that. I have a suede skirt that is kinda snug across the tummy that I'd really like to wear in D.C. By the way, if anyone from D.C. is reading this, what kind of weather is typical in February??

Questions I ask myself frequently:
Will I be satisfied with where I am now if my body refuses to cooperate and I don't make it to goal? Or will I let my disappointment at my perceived "failure" cause me to go back to my bad eating habits?

If this plateau (inability to get past 70 lbs. lost) drags on indefinitely, when do I decide to accept that the weight I'm at is ok and start on maintenence...even if I'm not at goal?

Will I be ashamed to admit to friends and family that I can't make it to my goal weight after all. Should I have kept my goal weight loss to myself instead of telling friends and family? (pretty sure that's a 'yes')

Do I have unrealistic expectations/visions of what I want to look like?

And finally: will I drive myself nuts with all these questions? :goofy:
Allison Onederland

Postby bikipatra » January 14th, 2007, 4:09 pm

You may drive yourself nuts with all the questions but perhaps someone here with more experience can help you with the kicking the plateau issue. Since you are really just restarting Medifast since the holidays maybe this is a new leg for you in your journey. Maybe it will be a kickstart. I suffer from terrible sleep disturbances too and regularly get up for the day around 4:45 because I can't take it anymore! I am excited about getting to meet you in February. I am also from your neck of the woods, Texas, so I can relate to all the cooking you used to do.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Allison Onederland » January 14th, 2007, 4:47 pm

I am also from your neck of the woods, Texas, so I can relate to all the cooking you used to do.

It's true what they say...most people eat to live, southerners live to eat! Maybe it's because the good ol southern style stick-to-your-ribs cookin tastes soooo good! Dangit! :x

4:45??? AM??? :shock: Aaack! How do you do it? If I got up that early every day I think I'd keel over and die!!! I have to make up in quantity what I lack in quality. The times I do get up that early, by 2:00 I'm ready for a nap. Unfortunately, that's the busiest time of the day for me and naps are out of the question. :( Hopefully by the time we meet up I'll have my meds straightened out (blasted generics!) and I won't be a walking zombie! :yawn:
Allison Onederland

Postby Allison Onederland » January 14th, 2007, 4:48 pm

Oops, meant to ask....where in Texas are you from?
Allison Onederland

Next

Return to My Journal